Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    so is it recommended to use different cutting and finishing pads with UNO instead of just buying the UNOPAD?

I just got my GG machine in and I`ve never polished anything. UNO on an UNOPAD sounded like a great way to really simplify the polishing process. Is that not the preferred method anymore? I`m looking for 80-90% correction that finishes out perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what you mean my "UNOPAD"(singular), because they offer several different ones for cutting & finishing. You can use any pad you`d like as it`s a very versatile product. UNO works great with MicroFiber pads too btw.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the only one I see on the HD website

HD UNOPAD

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird - but I can finish out 95% of the time with just the MF cutting pads. And that`s with a PCXP. Now, these are daily drivers, not show cars, but I still don`t see any swirls/marring.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Weird - but I can finish out 95% of the time with just the MF cutting pads. And that`s with a PCXP. Now, these are daily drivers, not show cars, but I still don`t see any swirls/marring.
    Is there a certain technique to getting it to finish out? Different speeds for correcting and finishing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someidiot

HD UNOPAD

That`s their cutting pad that was originally released with UNO version #1. Here`s their latest offerings:

https://www.3dproducts.com/53/?pt=shops

They constantly keep bringing in new things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a certain technique to getting it to finish out? Different speeds for correcting and finishing?

With the MF pads, you only need 3-4 small drops. Work the product in @ speed 4 to an 18/18 inch area. Then raise the machine speed to 6 and apply medium pressure with slow overlapping passes. Spur/brush/blow off you pad and apply 1 small drop to the pad and then apply firm pressure at speed 4 for 1-2 very slow passes. This will refine the pad/product marring from the cutting phase and usually leave a very nice finish.

Post Thanks / Like

HD UNOPAD

That is the old pad here is the new stuff

3D Car Care; Car Wash, Car Wax, Auto Detailing supplies, Car Polishers, Car Buffers & accessories store

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just messing with the new 3d pads (all three flat 5.5 inches) on my DA, I like them. I really like the stiffness of the interface pad; keeps a nice flat surface in contact with the paint and doesn`t soften up a lot as the pad warms. Hard to tell how they compare to the mf discs (which ive been using like 99% of the time lately) yet, but so far so good.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will miss the original UNO pad. That was a great pad. Glad I ordered a bunch in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I will miss the original UNO pad. That was a great pad. Glad I ordered a bunch in the past.

Why, if you don`t mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like
    It had the right cut and finished excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86
    Why, if you don`t mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    It had the right cut and finished excellent.

I know on this board (besides Barry and few others/3D Employees), you are one the biggest supporter of UNO and tries to get people to try it out at least. So I`m sure you already purchased the new 3D Cutting/Polish/Finishing pad; and if you have how does it compare to the old one?

On HD`s website and even 3D website they still state the old pads are in stock so how is the cut/finish vs the new Orange cut/Green Polish pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    While I was accused of being an employee of 3D many time over the last 2 years by several members here, I am not. I was just very excited about the quality of the product. Whether anyone ever tried it based on how I felt about it made/makes no difference to me. I don`t benefit from it except that I`d be happy for you if you were happy and made your job easier. There are after all many other great products out there.

Simply as I said many times, UNO does something other polishes don`t (for me). Cuts very well, little to no dust, finishes beautiful on nearly everything AND looks creamy/thick. These appeal to me. I love the look. I hate dust. UNO is different from everything I have tried. But that is just me.

I did get 2 green and 2 orange pads for free on the way back from la. I also used all 4 pads at the seminar as well. I like them as well as any other brand. The orange pad is more aggressive than the original UNO pad, the green is a very nice soft polishing pad. The red pad is great to finish off even on very soft paints.

Tunch is pretty good at coming out with very good quality stuff. For example, try his trim protectants. (the ad below). Amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I wasn`t acussing you of anything, I just wanted to get your input in about your statement in why you feel the original (old pad) was good compared to what we have now (new pads)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information