Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the more important aspects of UNO for me is the look it leaves behind. To my eyes it looks "creamy" - the only way I can describe it. Best looking polish in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxjax
    Ok, I have been on the site for some time and really love the tips and tricks with new products. When Menzerna came out everyone jumped on, then the M105/M205 and we also had M83 followed up with 3M Finesse It and I liked using all of them. I think what I mean to say is you all have found great products that achieve great result and the market is constantly evolving. I will be ordering the UNO/POXY combo tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    One of the more important aspects of UNO for me is the look it leaves behind. To my eyes it looks "creamy" - the only way I can describe it. Best looking polish in my eyes.

Thomas

I have enjoyed your write-ups and details. I have been happy with using a rotary and various products. I am looking forward to using my DA again without the fear of burning the paint and still achieving great results. I placed my order a few minutes ago and have an 06 Black Yukon Denali coming in to try it on
    2007 F350 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel

2008 Black Yukon Denali XL

2008 Crimson Red 335i (sold)

Reflection Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats really the great article about paint leveling, thanks to share with us, its much beneficial for painter and denters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry,

I will be at the seminar and cant wait to see you in person. Will you color sand a car there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an older version- maybe 1. I got it at SEMA about 2 years ago when a 3D rep came out to a detail workshop I attended. I`ll have to get the new version.

I used it today on horrid condition black Chevy truck. I did not want to overly attack it so I went with Griots on 5 and a burgandy cutting foam pad. It took 2x per panel, but made it 90% or so better. I think sanding would be the only way to get it 100%, or wool and rotary, but since the customer was thinking wash and wax, I kept it there. I followed with yellow foam and 205. Like others stated, the blackness did look creamy...like a glow to it.

I want my MF discs to work for me so I`m going to keep playing with them, but for now and for most cars, I am going to get the new version with 4" burgandy pads.

If anyone has a good source for a pneumatic sander, please share. I have the paper and innerface pads, but no sander yet.
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with 205, but next time use UNO for all steps. You will like it.

Post Thanks / Like

How do the two polishes compare in the context of M205 being so oily?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used 205 in a while, but UNO isn`t oily.

Post Thanks / Like
    tdekany- Ah, OK, roger that. Gee, like I need to get all intrigued by another polish

Post Thanks / Like
    It is different from everything I have ever used

Post Thanks / Like
    It is different from everything I have ever used

Well, that`s saying something, huh? I`ve never been all that intrigued by the "single product, different pads" approach, but this does pique my interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, sort of thread jack. I promise I will read the entire thing later. I just got some UNO, of course had to try it immediately on a car I was working on. Used it via DA on an MF cutting disc, nice cut...similar finish to D300 I found, little more cut. Then went to an orange LC flat pad, cleaned up the micromarring nicely but left some finer marring behind. Went to a white LC, same thing....still some marring, blue, same, black, same. Which trick am I missing? I am sure there is one?

Editting my own post. Heed my warning new UNO users, it is easy to use too much. I was using way too much, basically it wasn`t do anything and just kept leaving the same finish. I switched to another black flat lc pad, two little dots, whamo, perfect finish. Not bad so far. I like messing with new stuff, it`s definitely a different working method than what I am used to with 105/205/8rd etc tho.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like

So are you saying for the noob here that UNO is the type that will finish differently with different Pads?

IE Orange/MF cutting pad with Uno will be very aggressive but if I step it down to say a white pad I would still get cutting action but a better finish?

Start with Meguiar`s MF Cutting Pad with Uno > than finish with Meguiar`s MF Finishing Pad with Uno?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried my first attempt with Uno with an orange LC CCS pad yesterday on a 2010 Civic hood, and I am pretty sure I used too much. I will give it another shot this weekend and see if I can get some better results as it wasn`t cutting near as much as I thought it should.
    2008 Acura TSX in pearl white w/ tan leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beane71884
    I tried my first attempt with Uno with an orange LC CCS pad yesterday on a 2010 Civic hood, and I am pretty sure I used too much. I will give it another shot this weekend and see if I can get some better results as it wasn`t cutting near as much as I thought it should.

06 Black Yukon - Orange pad and two drops of UNO did wonders. IPA wipedown and it left very little mar, just a very slight mar. White pad cleaned it up nicely and then I jeweled it to a brilliant shine.
    2007 F350 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel

2008 Black Yukon Denali XL

2008 Crimson Red 335i (sold)

Reflection Detailing

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information