Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry Theal- Yeah, that`s *exactly* what I had been thinking.

Those "non-diminishing abrasive" points (like it being the same idea as sandpaper) are why I woulda primed it as per KMB, but it sounds like tdekany is saying *NOT* to do it that way :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator,

Thats the best thing about this business, as a carguy or detailer we all are looking for ways to better our cars appearence. Wheather would be from the perfect shine, or complete protection. We all can go about it different ways and still find an end result that is eye catching. I think it the ones with an open mind will only improve. With so many talented detailers practicing the fundementals of polishing, there has to be different ways of acheiving the same results. I often always tell my employees and people I train. I can only teach you so much, you have take what I taught you and make it your own. A common example of this is Kevin Brown. His science behind the craft of polishing has for ever changed me. Up until him, I would constantly do things the same way. Now when Kevin writes something, I study it like a book. A big part of my personal succes has come from these forums. While the advice was always there on them, Until I decided to humble myself and listen to others is when greatness was acheived. Today I constantly learn something new everyday, and for that I am thankfull. :xyxthumbs
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone answer my questions please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Just tried V3 this afternoon. It was so easy to use and seemed to remove most blemishes with just a few deep scratches left behind. No dust and no probs removing residue. This was my first attempt with UNO. I was using a Mak BO6040 with forced-rotation and an orange cutting pad. Nothing as aggressive as a rotary and wool.

I`ll pull it out in the sun tomorrow to check the results. :up

Glad it was an easy process for ya. How do you like the Makita? I often wanted to purchase that tool, but never did. Maybe I need to buy one now!

Barry, just a question.

How does the Surehold Polisher differ from the Meguiars model?

I don`t own the g110v2 so I can`t compare them. I can tell you I really love the surehold polisher. My random orbital polishers take a beating. This one has held the best so far. We usally go threw about 1 a month and I think we are on 3 to 4 months with this one and still going like day 1. I love it.

How often do you need to clean the pad with Uno, and which way works best?

I clean my pads after every pass. I do this with any compound or polishing I`m using. A clean pad is key.

Can someone answer my questions please?

Do you have anymore? LOL Hopefully I answered them all. Sorry I missed them. I scroll threw the thread rather quickly earlier and it looked like Thomas did a great job answering everyones thread. My apologies.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much Barry. I appreciate your responses. No need to apologize...I`m sure you`re busy enough.

What method do you use to clean your pads?

As for the BO6040, it`s an excellent machine that feels unbreakable. It makes a PC look like a toy in its effectiveness and speed. However, it can be tiring to use. Because its concentric rotation is `forced` and locked it tends to fight you a lot, so it needs some strength to hold it, especially on the vertical panels. It has a bit of learning curve but its worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator thank you for asking all the questions I was going to lol, some great info here thanks everyone

How do you clean your pads? Compressed air or clean on the fly with a towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    So we can use UNO instead of 105/205, so its like a AIO that gets deep scratches, man seems like a time saver, you agree?

And when I was 105/205 I would put 2 drops then make 3 passes, then put 2 more drops on it then make 3 more passes, is that a good idea? Or should I just make 6 passes with it drying out I tried to always keep it wet, and not dusting. So should I keep it wet or should I let it dry and keep polishing?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not an AIO as it has no protection to it. The cut depends on the pad used so it can compound, polish and jewel depending on the pad. It is similar to M105 minus the dust from what I am gathering

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Thomas thanks for chiming in here with all your advice. Your experiance with HD UNO really shows. I can`t wait to watch you in action with it. I love to learn.

This old guy can only teach you "Hungarian". You better have your Nike`s on because you`ll want to run once you see "me" hacking - I mean detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    This old guy can only teach you "Hungarian". You better have your Nike`s on because you`ll want to run once you see "me" hacking - I mean detailing.

Heh heh, that`s telling him :chuckle: :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a little test on a car the other day: used MF 5" pads, one was M105/300 and the other was UNO. The 300 clearly helped the M105 from dusting but the UNO was just better, it finished better and faster. I primed both pads with a thin, very thin coat, with the Megs - I used 300 to prime, the UNO was like a lotion and spread easily on the MF pad. After every panel I cleaned the pad with compressed air. Then added a couple dime size dots.

Tip - I found that if you use too much UNO, (not that I would "ever" do that..choke!) just lift the buffer, clean the pad, go back and work the area again - do not add more product.

Oh - and I found with the PCXP, I`d start with speed 3.5-4 and bump to 5, never went past speed 5, and my hands felt the difference later that day.

Lastly, I didn`t use much pressure -maybe 5-8 pounds and tried to keep the pad flat.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like everone is extremely satisfied with Uno 3.0... Sadly I got 2.0 and no matter what I do, it doesn`t want to remove easily. No one from 3D replied to my message, is Ben off on vacation now? He usually gets back within a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Luke, Just got back from a nice holiday weekend. Will respond to your email and pm by tomorrow. A lot to catch up on! Thanks for being patient.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben@Autopia
    Hey Luke, Just got back from a nice holiday weekend. Will respond to your email and pm by tomorrow. A lot to catch up on! Thanks for being patient.
    Hi Ben what time the HDUNO seminar will start with Barry? I need to learn about color sanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Noobie here.

What are the best pads to use with the Uno? I am looking at getting the GC6.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information