Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei86
    Griot`s Garage 6"

Speed 5 with MF disc with Uno and Speed 5 with HD new foam Cutting Pads
    I`m using a Griot`s as well. Did you use the Meg`s MF cutting disc or finishing disc? I assume the cutting disc, and if so, did you just have to do the one step on a speed 5 and then move on to your LSP?
    2008 Acura TSX in pearl white w/ tan leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beane71884
    I`m using a Griot`s as well. Did you use the Meg`s MF cutting disc or finishing disc? I assume the cutting disc, and if so, did you just have to do the one step on a speed 5 and then move on to your LSP?

MF Cutting disc, I wouldn`t say either one finished down LSP ready for this paint since it was trashed.

However as far as defect removal I have to say the MF Cutting + Uno v3 was doing a good job (faster I mean) compared to HD Cutting pad + Uno v3. I must have to say however that I do enjoy the HD pad compared to the likes of LC in overall construction. The foam feels great, the black solid foam feels great and the hook n loop backing feels solid. The whole pad feels solid even compared to the likes of pretty much all the LC pads that I own (CCS 5.5, Hyrdo 5.5 thick and thin, normal flat 5.5) and the MF pads feels bit flimsy too compared to HD`s pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    MF Cutting disc, I wouldn`t say either one finished down LSP ready for this paint since it was trashed.

However as far as defect removal I have to say the MF Cutting + Uno v3 was doing a good job (faster I mean) compared to HD Cutting pad + Uno v3. I must have to say however that I do enjoy the HD pad compared to the likes of LC in overall construction. The foam feels great, the black solid foam feels great and the hook n loop backing feels solid. The whole pad feels solid even compared to the likes of pretty much all the LC pads that I own (CCS 5.5, Hyrdo 5.5 thick and thin, normal flat 5.5) and the MF pads feels bit flimsy too compared to HD`s pads.
    I have pretty much the full line of LC CCS pads, and I can`t say I am all that happy with the cutting/polishing pads used with both 105 and UNO. This is the reason I am trying to decide between going with the HD pads or the MF pads to do my next detail. My pearl white Acura paint is in pretty good shape, so do you think using the UNO v3 on a MF cutting pads will finish out well enough to move on to a LSP? Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say with the MF Cutting Pad + Uno v3 will most likely not leave it LSP ready.

But than again you won`t know till you try

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say with the MF Cutting Pad + Uno v3 will most likely not leave it LSP ready.

But than again you won`t know till you try
    HD has the cutting pad and the polish pad, maybe I will try the MF cutting pad and follow up with the HD polish pad. Any thoughts on the polishing pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beane71884
    HD has the cutting pad and the polish pad, maybe I will try the MF cutting pad and follow up with the HD polish pad. Any thoughts on the polishing pad?

I wished I had pictures but I worked on the car till the moment it was being shipped off to Texas.

I didn`t get the chance to use anything but the MF cutting and HD cutting foam. If you look around other members have used the MF Cutting with Uno and MF Finishing with Uno and said it came out great.

Try to PM tdekany and David F as I think both of them use Uno V3 this way, and they also have way more experience than I have Uno so I`m sure they`ve already tried out the new 3D foam pads too.

Also I have zero experience with this combo but I hear LC`s Hydro Cyan pad finishes down usually LSP. If you have that pad might wanna try that out on a test spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    The more I use UNO the more I love it! :woohoo:

Yesterday I was polishing a white single-stage truck that has some bad oxidation in sections. As you know, SS white is stone hard. I started with UNO but it wouldn`t play nice. So I tried several other polish/pad combos and none removed the oxidation and left the finish nice enough. So in frustration I returned to UNO and orange cutting pad and it worked fantastically. It speedily removed oxidation/marring and left a LSP ready finish with no dust. I just love it!

Oh, and it wiped off like sealant residue as some have described it when worked correctly. Use very little, little, little. :becky:

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the long work time you get with, and yeah I have to agree it just wipes RIGHT off and goes clear.

Feels a bit like a Menzerna when its finished and ready to wipe off.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    It`s very "liquidy", well, more than say, 105...or any of the menz`s for example

For me I still find I reach for 105/d300 more only because they cut so much faster ime, but when UNO works (and you have the time to really work it), it really does work well.
    Barry gave me a gallon of HD UNO when I spent a Saturday afternoon at his shop meeting him and talking detailing. The gallon went cold and hot a few times since then and has turned liquid like water. Think it`ll still work? I tried HD UNO a few times (using way too much product) then set it down with the rest of the products that didn`t fare well for me. Barry is sending a truck to my shop soon so I think I`ll pick up another bottle and give it another try.

M-105/205 and D-300 are my defect killing combos that I reach for and have pretty much mastered at this point thanks to Kevin Brown`s suggestions and lots of practice. Not really sure I want to go through another learning curve but re-reading this thread makes me somewhat willing to dabble with it again. I`m the kind of guy who has no problem with dusting if the work gets done 3 times faster so I don`t really know how this will work out. As I have seen Barry talking about open mindedness (and I agree) I`ll try again.
    http://tdmad.com Tuscarora Dave`s Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how that goes. The new UNO is worth the wait. Use the old stuff for door jambs and stuff.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread Information