Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    It came to 3D`s attention today that a rumor was started on another forum about the new HD UNO car polish. The rumor basically stated that HD UNO caused holograms and was only a mediocre product.

As a result, Tunch, the owner of 3D, asked me to "drop the gauntlet" and invite three challengers to 3D in Santa Clarita, CA, all expenses paid. In other words, bring the polishes you think can`t be beat, and use them side-by-side with HD UNO. The event will be video taped, and the results -- good or bad -- will be published on YouTube in HD.

Here`s the catch:

- Event will be on a weekend TBD

- You may not be affiliated with the products you are putting against HD UNO

- The winning product will be determined by Autopia member votes from the videos

If you`d like to be part of this test, please tell us why you think you should be selected. Please don`t PM me about it.

If you`re one of the three selected, I`ll see to it that you get a ride in Tunch`s new Ferrari 612 Scaglietti.

Let the fun begin!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I should be selected because you guys need a "country" boys view on things. I use polishes on so much more than cars (ie: tractors, trucks, boats etc). Yall need to make sure you have all your motor vehicle paint preparation bases covered, and I`ll be the one to make sure of it.

Plus, dont you people in Cali need a funny accent to make fun of lol?
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I saw this rumor... BTW can noobies get in on the fun!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bogi094
    yeah I saw this rumor... BTW can noobies get in on the fun!

Don`t tell me it`s cold up there already and you`re looking for a vacation in the beach?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is a very generous offer David!

Theres one in particular I would like to see HD dominate. I will refrain from mentioning however. I will take it as a personal victory if HD triumphs.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick,

You`re so close, the 3D team would be insulted if you didn`t join them for the event.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    from what i have read on the UNO it sounds like it is a very pad dependant polish. is this correct? so the comparison s gonna UNO versus other single step polishes? no combo`s like 105/205 or SIP/85?

if this is single polish versus single polish i am out since i do not have anything to compete except Optimum Polish and i have already found its limit even with black wool. othr than that i use 2 step combo`s for all my polishing needs unless it is very minor swirls. but if at all possible i would be interesting in doing a comparison versus some of the nice combo`s on my own. so if at all possible a sample of the UNO would be nice. i can make a video and post the results as well. i just happen to be looking into starting my own buisness and been trying to decide

which prodct lines to go with. dont want alot to choose from that why it makes my choices simple

thank you

steve

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

The challenge is open to any polish/pad combo the attendees wish to bring. Team 3D will be using the new HD UNOWOOL pad and foam pads with the new HD FLEXPLATE on a Makita rotary. They have a black demo hood with plenty of clearcoat that was painted 3-4 months ago. The hood will be wet sanded with 3000 grit and taped down the middle. Two professional cameras will be put in place. The lighting is excellent.

If the challengers want to bring three or four levels of polish and pads, they are welcome to do so. Team 3D will show how their single liquid and two pads does the job faster, cleaner and with superior results.

db

Quote Originally Posted by keep_it_clean
    from what i have read on the UNO it sounds like it is a very pad dependant polish. is this correct? so the comparison s gonna UNO versus other single step polishes? no combo`s like 105/205 or SIP/85?

if this is single polish versus single polish i am out since i do not have anything to compete except Optimum Polish and i have already found its limit even with black wool. othr than that i use 2 step combo`s for all my polishing needs unless it is very minor swirls. but if at all possible i would be interesting in doing a comparison versus some of the nice combo`s on my own. so if at all possible a sample of the UNO would be nice. i can make a video and post the results as well. i just happen to be looking into starting my own buisness and been trying to decide

which prodct lines to go with. dont want alot to choose from that why it makes my choices simple

thank you

steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Steve,

The challenge is open to any polish/pad combo the attendees wish to bring. Team 3D will be using the new HD UNOWOOL pad and foam pads with the new HD FLEXPLATE on a Makita rotary. They have a black demo hood with plenty of clearcoat that was painted 3-4 months ago. The hood will be wet sanded with 3000 grit and taped down the middle. Two professional cameras will be put in place. The lighting is excellent.

If the challengers want to bring three or four levels of polish and pads, they are welcome to do so. Team 3D will show how their single liquid and two pads does the job faster, cleaner and with superior results.

db

David,

that is very interesting they are willling to put it up against mulitple steps. now i need to go look and see what i have laying around that i have not used in awhile. and just curious why are they only going with 3000 grit? if they want to show the cutting ability they should go atleast the 1500 they are saying the UNO will take care of. just my honest opinion.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

that is very interesting they are willling to put it up against mulitple steps. now i need to go look and see what i have laying around that i have not used in awhile. and just curious why are they only going with 3000 grit? if they want to show the cutting ability they should go atleast the 1500 they are saying the UNO will take care of. just my honest opinion.

Bring on the 1500. I have seen how fast and clean it cuts on a finish knocked down with 1500. HD UNO will bring a finish from 1500 to nearly hologram free with a single grade of wool pad (the HD UNOWOOL). Finishing is a single quick pass with HD UNO and the finishing foam.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll enter myself into this challenge. I consider myself an excellent contender for the fact that I do this everyday. After painting, I start with this same platform of 3000 grit and have been working on a black metallic for the past 7 months. I think I have the fastest and best products for this, because I`ve tested so many product/pad combinations under a very controlled platform to benchmark my results. My approach with a rotary polisher will also be very on par with your team for the fact that it`s all I own and use daily. Due to the fact of fresh paint, I can`t rely on bringing the paint to it`s fullest potential by application of wax/sealant, this final step of polishing has to be my LSP while bringing full wetness and reflectivity to my product. If this comes down to a picture contest for entrants, I would be willing to submit 1. I also think 1 photo or no photos of work should be a limiting factor for entrees to level the field and not turning this into an art gallery contest.

Post Thanks / Like
    dang. i can`t wait to see this. This is going to be some great video taping and great challenging.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrobbins
    I`ll enter myself into this challenge. I consider myself an excellent contender for the fact that I do this everyday. After painting, I start with this same platform of 3000 grit and have been working on a black metallic for the past 7 months. I think I have the fastest and best products for this, because I`ve tested so many product/pad combinations under a very controlled platform to benchmark my results. My approach with a rotary polisher will also be very on par with your team for the fact that it`s all I own and use daily. Due to the fact of fresh paint, I can`t rely on bringing the paint to it`s fullest potential by application of wax/sealant, this final step of polishing has to be my LSP while bringing full wetness and reflectivity to my product. If this comes down to a picture contest for entrants, I would be willing to submit 1. I also think 1 photo or no photos of work should be a limiting factor for entrees to level the field and not turning this into an art gallery contest.

If you have been working on black day in and day out for that long, you`d be an excellent candidate.

3D does not want to make this a picture contest because there`s nothing like people being there in person to experience the test. 3D does not take this challenge lightly. They know full well that there are EXCELLENT products on the market AND technique/experience plays a huge factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    another question. who will actually be doing the polishing? will the 3D people be using there product and we will use our own or do we get the to use the UNO and our own? just asking cause everyone has different techniques and there will be different results from same polish from different people

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    another question. who will actually be doing the polishing? will the 3D people be using there product and we will use our own or do we get the to use the UNO and our own? just asking cause everyone has different techniques and there will be different results from same polish from different people

This is a hands-on test. 3D already has just about every pad/polish/polisher combination you can imagine. 100`s of combinations have been tested.

Everyone who attends will have an opportunity to get their hands dirty with HD products and anything else in the testing lab.

Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information