Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for Dave Saunders, Todd H, Todd Cooperider, Lucci Elite, Eric Witt from Tru Shine and Bob Willis. These guys really get superior results from the click and brag type posts here and elsewhere. I don`t believe they "work" directly for any company that makes products although both Todd`s run forums that are tied to stores but thatmshould not matter they are excellent detailers They have reputations for being honest pro`s who tell it like it is. If they can`t beat the 3d product I would say its bulletproof. There might be other guys who are in their league but I can`t recall their names right now.

I hope a coin toss will determine who gets what side just be be sure it is on the up and up. Love to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    IMHO - I think it would be pretty intersting if you had the elite paint correction guys like Kevin Brown, Ryan Blanchette, RickRack, Todd Helme, Bryan Burnworth(to name just a few) take part in the shootout. These guys not only know how to squeeze every last bit of gloss out of perfected paint, but they`ve done some pretty impressive product reviews in the past. They`d be able to lend the most credibility for the comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    SEMA :bump:

Barry wanted my to ask if any of the Meg`s guys are willing to bring their magic elixers over to the 3D booth this year for a little :waxing::fencing::whip:

I had nothing to do with this above comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
    Barry, with what they`ve got coming, it would likely blind you. I couldn`t cope with that level of guilt.

Whyte Wizard?!

LOL Kevin, Well then Im out. Blind and Fat would really make the rest of my days on Earth troublesome. lol

I think Barry is 1/2 blind already. :shades_smile: I think a mini challenge would be fun! Heck, Robert can bring his line over too! :

I think a mini challenge would be fun, But I would much rather us all in one room just having fun. I think it would be neat to compare everyones style and learn from each other.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    If this ever happens, I`d like to take a shot.

This is a video I shot for a customer so he could see what I`d done with his car while he was out of town. This took about 4 hours. I had to spay wash the car, no hose, use a solvent to remove the old wax and oils, nanoskin towel, clean up again, then high speed, BO6040, then wax by hand. Getting the oxidation dust out of everywhere was courtesy the Metrovac Master Blaster (I love that name, ;o))

Sorry for the shake I took this with my phone. I`m getting a better camera and a tripod very soon. When I do I`ll take another walk around this car and let you see the end result in more detail. (Pun intended, sorry.)

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X
    I vote for Dave Saunders, Todd H, Todd Cooperider, Lucci Elite, Eric Witt from Tru Shine and Bob Willis. These guys really get superior results from the click and brag type posts here and elsewhere. I don`t believe they "work" directly for any company that makes products although both Todd`s run forums that are tied to stores but thatmshould not matter they are excellent detailers They have reputations for being honest pro`s who tell it like it is. If they can`t beat the 3d product I would say its bulletproof. There might be other guys who are in their league but I can`t recall their names right now.

I hope a coin toss will determine who gets what side just be be sure it is on the up and up. Love to see this.

90% percent technique.................... then I should get the same results with clearing out the shelves at my local Kragen(Nu finish CAN work with the right pad....) Im your Huckleberry.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of our work is the Indian and not the arrow. But technology has made leaps and bounds to the point of one of us training someone for 5-10 minutes and they can achieve 85-90% of a pro on easy to work with paint. I love the idea of a challenge and I`d love to give it my best vs the worlds best. I think a microscope will be the only possible way to tell the difference between the work though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
    How about I just drive to Miami with all of my gear and we can do the challenge right then and there.

And don`t worry, I won`t pester you for a ride in the Scaglietti.

Quote Originally Posted by tunch123
    Wow, that`s 232 miles.

I am game.

Right now I am in Los Angeles at 3D factory till the 26th.

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by tunch123
    The ride is on as well.

Just let me know what date and time.

As you can see there is still no reply more than two years later. I`m game.
    Richie Carbone
    Richie`s Custom Detailing
    Advanced Paint Correction Detail Services
    Specializing in Luxury & Exotic Autos

Serving Cental & South Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    "But I would much rather us all in one room just having fun. I think it would be neat to compare everyones style and learn from each other."

It is awesome Barry! I`d love to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see there is still no reply more than two years later. I`m game.

Bueller...............Bueller...........anyone, anyone.................... :deadhorse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on by the 3D booth at SEMA and give it a whirl. No need to drive to Miami unless you`d like to attend their new store`s Grand Opening? Tunch might have his Bugatti by then though.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    "But I would much rather us all in one room just having fun. I think it would be neat to compare everyones style and learn from each other."

It is awesome Barry! I`d love to do it again.

My feeling is this: If someone has a move that`s better than mine - I`ll adopt it, work with, try to improve it and in the end come out ahead of where I started. That`s easy for me because I`m selling myself and I get paid based on what I do, so there`s no downside to getting better.

People who make products are in a different situation. If there`s a polish (hypothetically) that`s just amazing. The abrasive is so sharp it cuts like a hot knife through butter, but is just the right size so it neither cuts so fast that it`s dangerous or leaves a gouge in the paint that`s big enough to catch light and leave a swirl. At the same time, it cuts perfectly clean and dust free with no filler or glaze and leaves the surface ready for whatever protection the user might like but costs so much you can`t sell it, then there`s little to no chance it will ever be commercially available, at least not widely.

Products have to be aimed at end users. Some people need and want a lot of oils and fillers because they aren`t going to be given, nor would they take, the time required to get things right. Thankfully, there`s a wide range of products, tools, and techniques so we can all get and use what`s right for our particular business`. Within the limitations of market forces of course.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on by the 3D booth at SEMA and give it a whirl. No need to drive to Miami unless you`d like to attend their new store`s Grand Opening? Tunch might have his Bugatti by then though.

Finally..................... see you then, Bugatti...really?

Bing and I will bring our gear, have a compressor handy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent! Not too sure about the compressor yet? If I have to bet, I`d say no though. I don`t see them lugging one in, which would really help. I can`t detail w/o one. Looking forward to seeing you guys in full effect. :shades_smile:

I think he really wants a F70 to keep in FL, but doesn`t want to wait that long. He was trying to incorporate keeping it at his new Miami 3D showroom, but couldn`t get the permit for the door in front.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for putting up. No man is wise enough by himself.

buy pinterest followers

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

The SEMA show can provide air at just about whatever pressure and volume you need. The won`t let you bring your own compressor. Air is not cheap...

See you at the show.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know Robert. Not sure how all the dust we`d be creating would go down though? I`ll check into that.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information