Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just used my bottle of UNO for the first time this week. I really like how convenient it is when you just have to swap out pads and not having to wipe off the polish everytime you switch pads. but I still found my self going to M105 to correct some of the worse defects. but I mostly was using the Griots 3" orbital polisher with LC orange,green,white pads, which worked alright. I still need to try it with the Rotary to compare it fairly against Megs 105/205 combo. So as of now I am undecided. but I would really like to come out of this wanting to keep using the UNO.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine
    Well I just used my bottle of UNO for the first time this week. I really like how convenient it is when you just have to swap out pads and not having to wipe off the polish everytime you switch pads. but I still found my self going to M105 to correct some of the worse defects. but I mostly was using the Griots 3" orbital polisher with LC orange,green,white pads, which worked alright. I still need to try it with the Rotary to compare it fairly against Megs 105/205 combo. So as of now I am undecided. but I would really like to come out of this wanting to keep using the UNO.

Do you have any pictures of the defects that you had to use 105 for? If you use too much UNO, it will not correct well. Unless you buff till the cows come home while you polish off the remaining product. :buffing::buffing::buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i started with 3 little dabs of uno on the orange pad (3in pad on the Griots 3"orbital) and then after the orange pad it would follow up with a green pad and then the white. and it would shine nice but, it wouldn`t be spider web free when I would shine the duel xenon swirl finder light on it. and then i would go over it with a different white pad with 205 and it would be 98% spider web free. and the UNO didn`t remove any 4000 grit sand scratches, It`s a 2003 black honda CBR 600RR that i am working on. and i wetsanded some scratches off the tank with 2000 and then 4000 and the UNO left the sand scratches behind, so thats when pulled out the M105 and buffed them out via rotary. The UNO with Rotary might have done the job, i`ll find out monday when i get back to the shop. i`ll try the UNO via rotary and see how that goes.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i started with 3 little dabs of uno on the orange pad (3in pad on the Griots 3"orbital) and then after the orange pad it would follow up with a green pad and then the white. and it would shine nice but, it wouldn`t be spider web free when I would shine the duel xenon swirl finder light on it. and then i would go over it with a different white pad with 205 and it would be 98% spider web free. and the UNO didn`t remove any 4000 grit sand scratches, It`s a 2003 black honda CBR 600RR that i am working on. and i wetsanded some scratches off the tank with 2000 and then 4000 and the UNO left the sand scratches behind, so thats when pulled out the M105 and buffed them out via rotary. The UNO with Rotary might have done the job, i`ll find out monday when i get back to the shop. i`ll try the UNO via rotary and see how that goes.

You should have tried 105 with your griots first instead of saying UNO didn`t work but 105 did. Just grab the rotary and UNO. You will see.

PS: 3 dabs on a small pad is way too much polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll definitely give it another shot Monday. I haven`t totally said it doesn`t work. i just know finishing it down from orange to white it still had some spider webs. and then the M205 got rid of them. So I`ll try a dab of UNO with the rotary and see how it does on the wet sand marks. What are your steps when you use it? Rotary and orbital? thanks
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant 3 dabs are too much on a 3 inch pad.

On the rotary you may need the 3dabs. What size pads are you using with the rotary?

I use uno and rotary to finish when time is allowed. Otherwise I finish with the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its a Honda CBR 600 RR So i am using the 3in pad also on the rotary. so a Dab should be fine it`s mainly the tank but the lower fairings were needing some attention too. I`ll try out the Uno/Rotary tomorrow and post how it turned out.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its a Honda CBR 600 RR So i am using the 3in pad also on the rotary. so a Dab should be fine it`s mainly the tank but the lower fairings were needing some attention too. I`ll try out the Uno/Rotary tomorrow and post how it turned out.

Do let us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just finished all the buffing and polishing on the bike. I did the whole tank with Uno. the tank was wet sanded with 2000 on the bad scratches and then the whole thing with 4000 grit. I buffed with Rotary/UNO/3"Orange with a little dab on the pad. I worked it nice and slow at about 1500 RPMs. then went over it with the white pad. over all i just didn`t get it were I wanted it. and I wasn`t happy with the Final finish with the white/UNO, so I went back over it with m105 and m205 and it turned out great. I`m not dawging UNO, and I might not be doing something right but as far as getting the finish i wanted, I think i am just going to stick with my Meg twins.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump, for what must be a whole bunch of stairs!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Leave her alone! She could have missed a step! We all know how that goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I deserve it bag on the Detail chick day sorry I haven`t had an answer for all but I trying.

Quote Originally Posted by rcrobbins
    Leave her alone! She could have missed a step! We all know how that goes!

Thank You,

Marie

(877)343-3273:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll pay my own way, I`ll even bring my own food and water.

Robert

Detailer at Family Classic Cars in San Juan Capistrano

Forum Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robert,

We have our Free detailing seminar in our Las Vegas Store again this coming week.

11 May 2010. It is another all day event. We usually get around 300 professional detailers attend every time we make these seminars. You are welcome to join us.

I know it is a short notice but these seminars are posted in our website @

Auto Detailing Products - Green Auto Detailing & Car Care Products | 3DProducts.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the invitation. I`ll look for a seminar closer to home. The challenge on the other hand is something I`ll drive for.

All the best,

Robert

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information