Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know how the UV protection of HD Protect is compared to the staple products like 303?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you speaking of HD PROTECT vs. 303 Aerospace?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used HD protect on a 97 Corvette over the weekend. One application was able to make the faded black plastic look great. I will pot a long term update later.
    And the light shineth through the darkness

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Are you speaking of HD PROTECT vs. 303 Aerospace?

Correct, I just wondering if it will protect against UV rays such as products like 303 Aerospace and other vinyl products. I have not read 100% straight forward info about its UV protection on HD web page and just wanted to ask. love the product thought, looks amazing and really just completes a full detail using this stuff.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    303 Aerospace is designed to be an interior/exterior product. It has a high UV solids content. So, in this regard it does have excellent direct sunlight protection.

Now, as someone that has used and recommended 303 for more than 10 years, I can sing both its praises and its weaknesses. It`s number one weakness is its durability. This is where HD PROTECT really shines. It lasts much longer than 303. In fact, I have not found an interior product that lasts longer.

UV protection is a tricky thing. To measure it properly requires sending samples to a lab for controlled testing. This is not something that was done with this product, so I`m not going to stand here and tell you "bla, bla, bla... offers SPF 1000 level protection, bla, bla, bla", because it would be BS. What I can tell you is that HD PROTECT does contain a UV protectant.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    303 Aerospace is designed to be an interior/exterior product. It has a high UV solids content. So, in this regard it does have excellent direct sunlight protection.

Now, as someone that has used and recommended 303 for more than 10 years, I can sing both its praises and its weaknesses. It`s number one weakness is its durability. This is where HD PROTECT really shines. It lasts much longer than 303. In fact, I have not found an interior product that lasts longer.

UV protection is a tricky thing. To measure it properly requires sending samples to a lab for controlled testing. This is not something that was done with this product, so I`m not going to stand here and tell you "bla, bla, bla... offers SPF 1000 level protection, bla, bla, bla", because it would be BS. What I can tell you is that HD PROTECT does contain a UV protectant.

db

Pretty much all I wanted to know Dave! Great product and will buy once I run out of this bottle...which may be soon as people keep borrowing it...:grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    I love HD Protect - my favorite HD product by far.
    And the light shineth through the darkness

Thread Information