Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one also!

I`m thinking of using this as a final rinse on my car, using distilled water. This should greatly help with water spots I hope?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can somebody confirm that it has lot more pressure than standard household garden hose? I don`t really need the portable aspect of it but interested in getting real cheap pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sontakke
    Can somebody confirm that it has lot more pressure than standard household garden hose? I don`t really need the portable aspect of it but interested in getting real cheap pressure washer.

This is not a pressure washer. It has about the same pressure as a garden hose with a nozzle attached to it. It is useful for people who do not have access to a water source and want to rinse/wash their auto, wheels, mats, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone else who bought the Nomad from Amazon.com buy the AC/DC Converter? Are you guys having trouble with it?

I received my Nomad a day or two before my converter showed up so I used a converter that belonged to my dad and my Nomad worked fine. When the converter I bought of Amazon showed up, the Nomad would not work.

I may try the converter with some other 12 appliances and see what happens but so far no luck with the Nomad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure the converter can handle the amp pull the nomad uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrent86
    Make sure the converter can handle the amp pull the nomad uses.

Maybe it is not designed for the amp pull the Nomad uses. However, I wish Amazon would not have recommended the converter with the Nomad if that is the case. Hence why I am asking if others have had any issues using their converter with the Nomad.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    Maybe it is not designed for the amp pull the Nomad uses. However, I wish Amazon would not have recommended the converter with the Nomad if that is the case. Hence why I am asking if others have had any issues using their converter with the Nomad.

Sorry to say that the small converter Amazon had listed with the Nomad would be worthless. If my memory serves me, it`s only good for 100 mA output. I`d be surprised if the thing could even kick on with that little amount of current.

Didn`t even think about it until yesterday... I have one of these:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-CJIC-250-Starter-Powerpack/dp/B002HQXRDW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1254160649&sr= 1-8"]Amazon.com: Cobra CJIC 250 Jump Starter Powerpack: Automotive[/ame]

Forgot it has a 12v socket. Does a great job powering the Nomad.

:spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Sorry to say that the small converter Amazon had listed with the Nomad would be worthless.

Well, it would sure be nice if Amazon is going to recommend something they would only do so when the two products are compatible. I should complain to Amazon but I doubt it would do any good.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should complain to Amazon but I doubt it would do any good.

They`ve been pretty good at taking care of my complaints. A refund on the adapter is in order. Make them send a UPS call tag.

Post Thanks / Like
    So how much onr are you guys putting in the nomad? will it do any damage if I did put some in there? I like the amount of pressure it has, just right for rinsing.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke with the Nomad folks about 2 months ago RE: reselling the Nomad for water[less] car washing. They "FREAKED OUT" because OMG it was only tested with water. I have not seen any problems with the seals with HD FREE or HD TOTAL. I think it will be fine with most water-based cleaners.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    They`ve been pretty good at taking care of my complaints. A refund on the adapter is in order. Make them send a UPS call tag.

When you contact them for a complaint, do you e-mail them or call? If you call, do you have the number handy?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you contact them for a complaint, do you e-mail them or call? If you call, do you have the number handy?

Contact Us - Nomad 18 Volt Cordless Portable Power Cleaner - Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Other Outdoor Sports and Extreme Sports

I have a national sales rep number, but not customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using ONR in mine since I received it. No problems as of yet. Just got the AC DC adapter yesterday. Going to try it now with my generator and Nomad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine
    I have been using ONR in mine since I received it. No problems as of yet. Just got the AC DC adapter yesterday. Going to try it now with my generator and Nomad!

OH WELL!

Got the adapter and it will not power the Nomad must have the wrong one. Going to lokk at the owners manual and go to Radio Shack. Right around the corner.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information