Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    You don`t HAVE to have an adapter. If you want you can just plug it into the 12volt outlet in your car. However, I went ahead and did like David B and bought an adapter that I can plug into a 110 volt wall outlet and then I can plug the 12v cord into that. Make sense?

Yes, thats the kind of adapter I was talking about. Something I can plug into a regular outlet with so I wont have to plug it in my car.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    David, would you care to elaborate on how to connect this thing to a battery?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Easiest way is to find a 12v battery for a mobile video camera light. Many of them already come with a 12v lighter socket. Look on eBay.

The way I did it was cheesy. I purchased a 12v socket on a cord from Fry`s Electronics, and wired it to my RYOBI 18v flash light. The socket dangles out the back side of the light allowing me to have a 12v connection where ever I need it. I have several batteries, so one is always on the charger. The RYOBI ONE+ tools are really cheap at Home Depot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Easiest way is to find a 12v battery for a mobile video camera light. Many of them already come with a 12v lighter socket. Look on eBay.

The way I did it was cheesy. I purchased a 12v socket on a cord from Fry`s Electronics, and wired it to my RYOBI 18v flash light. The socket dangles out the back side of the light allowing me to have a 12v connection where ever I need it. I have several batteries, so one is always on the charger. The RYOBI ONE+ tools are really cheap at Home Depot.

DavidB,

I am confused. At the beginning of the thread, you wrote:

I got mine off of Amazon for the same price and added a 110v AC to 12v DC adapter so I can run it off of wall power. This thing works amazing with HD TOTAL and HD FREE!

What adapter did you order?

Thanks

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got this one:

Amazon.com: Black & Decker CV6B Travel Mate 6.0 Amp AC/DC Converter: Home Improvement

It looks like Amazon is out of the Nomad, so the deal I got was gone. I paid under $100 for two Nomads, the power supply and 2nd Day Shipping with my Prime account.

Here`s a cheaper one that will also do the job:

Amazon.com: Sunforce AC/DC Power Converter: Automotive

And another one:

Amazon.com: Wagan 5 Amp AC to 12V DC Power Adapter: Automotive

Anything that`s 5 AMPS+ will power this pump just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks DavidB,

I was afraid that I needed an 8 amp converter because that is what the fuse is rated at. I ordered the Black and Decker unit as well and will try out my rig tomorrow. Thanks again for the "heads up" on this deal.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rad21
    Thanks DavidB,

I was afraid that I needed an 8 amp converter because that is what the fuse is rated at. I ordered the Black and Decker unit as well and will try out my rig tomorrow. Thanks again for the "heads up" on this deal.

The fuse is rated at 8 AMPs because the motor can surge that high on startup. Continuous power is lower. My 6AMP supply keeps up with it fine. My 18v RYOBI power supply (aka, flashlight with pigtail) makes it kick butt! :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    The fuse is rated at 8 AMPs because the motor can surge that high on startup. Continuous power is lower. My 6AMP supply keeps up with it fine. My 18v RYOBI power supply (aka, flashlight with pigtail) makes it kick butt! :grinno:

u have a pic with your hanging wires? so i have an idea what and where u connect , thank`s

yes on back of the unit is 8Amps, i use it today with power from car , it works decent on tires and has some pressure to get the heavy stuff away. i didn`t try if i can rinse a soap car with it...

but for onr and this i should do mobile wash anywhere

:chill:
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    David, how are you using yours with HD Free? Mine came in a few days ago but I haven`t used it. How much Free do you put in the tank? I know you gave dillution ratios earlier in this thread but I don`t feel like doing math.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by axel_ny
    u have a pic with your hanging wires? so i have an idea what and where u connect , thank`s

I put splitters on the original connection tabs. I guess you could also soldier wires onto the sides of the contact tabs if you had a good size soldering gun. Just don`t tap directly onto the flashlight wires because they are too light a gauge of wire.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frito Bandito
    David, how are you using yours with HD Free? Mine came in a few days ago but I haven`t used it. How much Free do you put in the tank? I know you gave dillution ratios earlier in this thread but I don`t feel like doing math.

In its ready-to-use form HD FREE is mixed 11:1 from concentrate. I use it at 24:1. You can increase this to 32:1 if you don`t care about the wax capability. Turn the spray nozzle to a fine mist and soak away. It takes about 1 pint of mixture to do a full size car.

Post Thanks / Like
    In its ready-to-use form HD FREE is mixed 11:1 from concentrate. I use it at 24:1. You can increase this to 32:1 if you don`t care about the wax capability. Turn the spray nozzle to a fine mist and soak away. It takes about 1 pint of mixture to do a full size car.

what`s hd free ,any link ?is kind of waterless similar to onr?
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Nomad today with the Black & Decker Travel Mate 6 Amp AC/DC converter to do a traditional wash (rinse,2 bucket car wash, final rinse) and it worked great. Plenty of pressure to rinse the car/wheels and remove the soap too) I used a Reliance Products Jumbo-Tainer 7 Gallon Jerry Can Style Rigid Water Container to fill up the Nomad since I don`t have access to a faucet in my garage area. I followed the instructions and primed the hose and there was more than enough pressure to wash the car. I am so impressed that I would probably buy one at the original selling price:2thumbs: If the Nomad lasts me a year with no problems for weekly washes, I would be a happy camper. I currently go to a self service car wash to use the water for rinsing my 2 bucket wash, it cost $5 each time, multiply that by 48 weeks and I spend $240 a year just to use water. If I can use HD Free or ONR in the Nomad, that would save even more time and water.:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    The orangeonion has free shipping over 88 bucks and a coupon code 10off for 10% more off making it 103 for 3 of them. Not bad, but the reviews on them isn`t great.

bargain outfitters are slightly more 118 for 3 after code, but have a coupon code sb601 for 10 off but with a much better review on amazon. But they charge sales tax for MN which sucks boosting it 10 bucks more.

Although the orange has a 95% satisfaction on amazon out of 6800 items, I`ll go for that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    In for one. $46 to my door.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s 40 shipped from Kotela`s for anyone else still looking to pick one up.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information