Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always wanting to try the latest and greatest on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    is this a sealant or half sealant half wax? and could i top it off with a carnauba wax?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bogi094
    is this a sealant or half sealant half wax? and could i top it off with a carnauba wax?

Why top it with anything? HD POXY already contains Carnuaba wax. This product was tested with a gloss meter for shine against a shelf-full of leading products. It shines like crazy... don`t dull down the shine by topping it with something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    Why top it with anything? HD POXY already contains Carnuaba wax. This product was tested with a gloss meter for shine against a shelf-full of leading products. It shines like crazy... don`t dull down the shine by topping it with something else.

So if im correct, carnaubas have good shine but poor durability... How long will this last- realistically (with one one coat)

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if im correct, carnaubas have good shine but poor durability... How long will this last- realistically (with one one coat)

A full season or longer depending on your climate and garaging conditions. I have had the original coat on my truck for over four months and it`s still going very strong. I live less than 75 yards from the ocean and the truck lives outside... basically the worst environment imaginable for a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    A full season or longer depending on your climate and garaging conditions. I have had the original coat on my truck for over four months and it`s still going very strong. I live less than 75 yards from the ocean and the truck lives outside... basically the worst environment imaginable for a car.

!!!wow!!! thats amazing, a one step LSP that has a shine of a carnauba, and durability of a sealant!

Please have shipping to Canada set up soon! I want to give HD uno, a PC buffer, the HD poxy a try- before winter of course

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    !!!wow!!! thats amazing, a one step LSP that has a shine of a carnauba, and durability of a sealant!

Please have shipping to Canada set up soon! I want to give HD uno, a PC buffer, the HD poxy a try- before winter of course

I apologize for the shipping delay. I got slammed with the flu. Thursday is my day in the 3D warehouse to do the setup for USPS International.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for the shipping delay. I got slammed with the flu. Thursday is my day in the 3D warehouse to do the setup for USPS International.

Sounds great, I must try out UNO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to try this product out in my area where the climate is also very harsh.

If you don`t mind, you can ship the product to me via DHL under my account

Just curious, what machine are you refering in the first post on the product application? DA or rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait to get this here in the UK!

Post Thanks / Like
    This may best be answered by DavidB, but can Poxy be successfully applied over a glaze like PB Blackhole or Danase Wet Glaze?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but IMHO you are best applying it to a clean surface.

The three natural waxes in HD POXY give it wonderful properties for darkening the surface (jetting) and filling minor swirls, etc.

For POXY to do the best job it can as a sealer, it is best to apply it to a freshly cleaned surface.

HD POXY is a pure wax (no surface cleaners), so you can layer it after 8-12 hours of cure time for a deeper finish.

Here`s another tip... polish with HD UNO, then go right over the HD UNO film with your first coat of POXY. You`d be amazed how fast I can do a vehicle this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but IMHO you are best applying it to a clean surface.

The three natural waxes in HD POXY give it wonderful properties for darkening the surface (jetting) and filling minor swirls, etc.

For POXY to do the best job it can as a sealer, it is best to apply it to a freshly cleaned surface.

HD POXY is a pure wax (no surface cleaners), so you can layer it after 8-12 hours of cure time for a deeper finish.

Here`s another tip... polish with HD UNO, then go right over the HD UNO film with your first coat of POXY. You`d be amazed how fast I can do a vehicle this way.

So there is no need to buff or wash the car after HD Uno polishing?- if im going to apply POXY?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    So there is no need to buff or wash the car after HD Uno polishing?- if im going to apply POXY?

Nope! Like I said, I go straight to POXY from UNO without buffing off the polish film.

Now, mind you that I`m assuming the polish residue/film remaining is very light because you have not over-applied, and you polished it out completely.

POXY is best applied to the whole car before buffing off. For best results, allow POXY to sit for 20 minutes before buffing off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos for UNO and POXY! I tested both products on awhite 2001 Mazda Millenia with a good amount of swirls and etc. and the UNO did a great job. I first ran my PC high speed with UNO pad and then finished with UNO polish and POXY pad with speed set between 2 and 3. After 2 coats of POXY and a good polishing this car shines like crazy! Water beads like crazy off of this stuff.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information