Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IC3DT3
    So just to be clear. Regular flat 6" LC pads like the ones I bought from Detailed Image will work with UNO on a Flex DA. Correct or no?

Yes, but you will not have the same results as with the HD UNOPAD. We spent a couple months working out the ultimate pad size and foam. They are designed to be a perfect match. Other foam do work with HD UNO. We packaged the best foam, thickness and diameter.

Post Thanks / Like
    David -

I went through and read this post a few times to get up to speed on Uno but still have a few questions I hope you can answer:

1. I am looking to detail an `86 white 300z for a friend at no charge to help them out. I have not yet seen it but I think it is single stage. How does this product work on SS paint? I saw earlier in the post it can be used on SS but the majority of the info appears to be slanted to CC.

2. I will not be wetsanding this. In this case, will the original PC work ok? Couldn`t quite tell from the posts as some posts indicate you need a minimum of a PCXP. I am an enthusiast so I am not really considering a new polisher purchase right now. Also, I will get the highest correction possible but this is still a DD for them it won`t stay that way for long. I just want to test my skills as I have never done a car this old before. Also, I only have about a day or so for a full blown detail so this seems like it would work well with my situation.

3. Any chance I can cheat and use my 5" backing plate or is that a no-no?

4. Can I get by with two pads if I clean the pad after each panel?

5. Are the pads, polish, and backing plate in stock and shipped out fairly soon after orders are placed>

Thanks for your help on this!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr

1. I am looking to detail an `86 white 300z for a friend at no charge to help them out. I have not yet seen it but I think it is single stage. How does this product work on SS paint? I saw earlier in the post it can be used on SS but the majority of the info appears to be slanted to CC.

Works well on conventional paints, including conventional paint that is heavily oxidizes that needs a gentle polish to finesse back to life.

2. I will not be wetsanding this. In this case, will the original PC work ok? Couldn`t quite tell from the posts as some posts indicate you need a minimum of a PCXP. I am an enthusiast so I am not really considering a new polisher purchase right now. Also, I will get the highest correction possible but this is still a DD for them it won`t stay that way for long. I just want to test my skills as I have never done a car this old before. Also, I only have about a day or so for a full blown detail so this seems like it would work well with my situation.

Original PC now works fine. We had a breakthrough in the formula that allows it to be use by PC or hand with excellent results and no scouring.

3. Any chance I can cheat and use my 5" backing plate or is that a no-no?

Yes. The HD UNOPAD is 5.25" diameter so your backing plate will be completely covered.

4. Can I get by with two pads if I clean the pad after each panel?

This depends on the level of oxidation. I polished a large Ford truck with conventional white paint using two pads. I use HD TOTAL to clean the pads as I go. Simply spray and use and old towel to wipe clean/dry.

5. Are the pads, polish, and backing plate in stock and shipped out fairly soon after orders are placed.

100% in stock. Orders received by 2PM Pacific Time ship same day.

Thanks for your help on this!

:hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I bit the bullet pretty quick on this one too. I have had the HD Uno for a month. I have used it under various circumstances and conditions. From scratches to swirls. My take and this is only my opinion. The product smells a bit like Menzerna. Maybe alot of these products smell similar. Fortunately I am able to purchase in small quantities frequently almost any product that hits the market. Big Guinea Pig! I have a little bit of alot of stuff. I use various products for different situations and colors.Some work better than others,some are alot of Hype! You live and learn,and I think the majority of us are addicted to buying the new stuff. The natural high from the package arriving! But it`s ok to get a Buzz this way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine
    Well I bit the bullet pretty quick on this one too. I have had the HD Uno for a month. I have used it under various circumstances and conditions. From scratches to swirls. My take and this is only my opinion. The product smells a bit like Menzerna. Maybe alot of these products smell similar. Fortunately I am able to purchase in small quantities frequently almost any product that hits the market. Big Guinea Pig! I have a little bit of alot of stuff. I use various products for different situations and colors.Some work better than others,some are alot of Hype! You live and learn,and I think the majority of us are addicted to buying the new stuff. The natural high from the package arriving! But it`s ok to get a Buzz this way!

Hmm, I can`t smell a thing with this polish, maybe I`m smoking to many cigarettes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David i have the flex da and only have the original backing plate.Are you going to make a larger pad then the 5.25 size.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedg
    Hey David i have the flex da and only have the original backing plate.Are you going to make a larger pad then the 5.25 size.

Yes, but I don`t have an ETA. Working on getting the HD Pro line wool pad released first. The pads I`m using with my Flex that rock with HD UNO or the new 7" Meguiar`s Soft Buff 2.0. Autogeek.net keeps them in stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does one use this pad? Would one pad do all the work without cleaning it half way? Would I have to prime it before using it? If so with what?

And how long- ho many cars, can I do before the foam is bad?

Thanks

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bogi094
    How does one use this pad? Would one pad do all the work without cleaning it half way? Would I have to prime it before using it? If so with what?

And how long- ho many cars, can I do before the foam is bad?

Thanks

If you want to prime the pad to make it softer before starting, spray it with one or two shots of HD FREE or your favorite detail spray.

How long you can use the pad before cleaning depends on how much polish you put into the pad and how dirty/oxidized the car is that you`re polishing.

As you use the pad the working face will wear. As long as you don`t tear it on a sharp edge you will get 6+ cars out of a single pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    hey thomas... in your experience, how would you compare HD Uno to #105?

I apologize Al: With the pcxp I prefer the UNO. Cuts very well and no dusting. 105 dust so much.

With the rotary I love 105, but haven`t tried UNO on my highspeed yet to cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    UNO is VERY pad dependent and I found it to be not so great under door handles simply because the hand uno pad wont fit and when using a Megs foam applicator- a wax pad(no cut), I couldn`t seem to get the scratches out.

Mind you with the right foam UNO is great and found it to be great by hand if you want to get some minor scratches out by hand without taking out the big boy

HD is a great company, and if you have any problems they WILL sort them out!

Post Thanks / Like
    UNO is VERY pad dependent and I found it to be not so great under door handles simply because the hand uno pad wont fit and when using a Megs foam applicator- a wax pad(no cut), I couldn`t seem to get the scratches out.

Mind you with the right foam UNO is great and found it to be great by hand if you want to get some minor scratches out by hand without taking out the big boy

HD is a great company, and if you have any problems they WILL sort them out!

use a cotton towel/applicator instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    use a cotton towel/applicator instead.

k :2thumbs: I`ll tell you how it works out

Post Thanks / Like
    any guesses on when the pro line is going to come out?

Ben@3D
    any guesses on when the pro line is going to come out?

I would say....NOW! :heelclick

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information