Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Adams Strip Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Good review Guz! I wonder if this soap would work better as a wintertime road grime remover? Not that you ever see snow in SoCal...
    I think they would have greater sales by calling it something like "winter wash". By calling it Strip Wash, they are actually setting expectations and likely limiting its use for those who actually believe it will strip.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Angus, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you The Guz.

So if Adams, or even CG`s Clean Slate, say it`s good to remove "old wax" - then what is the definition of "old?" Something that`s been on there 5-6 months? Something that`s already on the verge of giving up?

Loach (Waxmode) has just reviewed Clean Slate. Results are....well...not surprising!

Likes 04accord, heisenberg, The Guz, cf2121, Bunky and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks The Guz, Jaddie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Thanks!

I always laugh at this stuff too when they recommend using so much product to produce such a small result.
    Central / Northern NJ - http://www.finnsfinedetails.com

Beeds Ceramic Coating Installer

Feynlab Coatings coming soon...
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    What more can you say? It was a honest review of a product that just did not live up to the expatations.

AGGRESSIVE WASH METHOD...
    The Aggressive Approach to Washing a Car
    This is the best wash method I have used. Tried and true. Let`s see how long it takes for someone on that forum to copy this method and claim it is theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    Imagine that...modern lsps are much harder to get rid of than just simply washing it with a strong soap or worse, Dawn.

Thanks for sharing your findings here. The fact that they removed it from their forums is one of the biggest reasons I won`t buy Adams products. The echo chamber over there is insane. I know its not the products` fault that they produce such a rabid fanbase(and some of them are pretty good) but it`s encouraged by the people who run the forums and that`s enough to turn me off of the entire product line.
    I knew I was going to get negative backlash on that forum. They are all about marketing and sales. I understand that given that it`s Adams business and his sole source of income. At least someone can find an honest review with a simple google search.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The Guz:
    Excellent review about Adam`s Strip Wash. Thanks for taking the time to post your observations and photos.

As stated, there needs to be some "truth in labeling", as the photo of the label on the bottle "misleadingly" states "removes ANY wax or sealant".

I wonder how this wash soap compares to recently introduced Chemical Guy`s Clean Slate??
    Thanks. I am sending a sample to forum member Loach to review for his youtube video channel.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Excellent review! Very in depth and well documented. I give them credit, they are very good at marketing and marketing is what sells products.
    Thanks. Yes they sure are good at it. They have a large following on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    We should all go there and "review" the poorly performing soap and see if any of them make the cut.
    Lol we would all get banned in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Good review Guz! I wonder if this soap would work better as a wintertime road grime remover? Not that you ever see snow in SoCal...
    Thanks. That would be a better purpose for it. A little APC with your regular wash is a cheaper alternative that can do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    There have been some rumors that Chemical Guys actually makes Adams products. So, is it a coincidence that CG Clean Slate and Adams Strip Wash were released fairly close to one another? One thing I`ve noticed on `brand specific` forums....they`re usually not big on tolerating any negative reviews of their products. I submitted one on VRP on the CG forum (which is a product I really like for tires)....but the review also spoke to the issues I had with VRP on plastic trim.....the review was not posted. I was told..."It did not meet the criteria to be posted"
    I have heard that same rumor. The product lines sure do look similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Fantastic review Guz. Honest and to the point. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review Mike! Love the detail and honesty of the review.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I think they would have greater sales by calling it something like "winter wash". By calling it Strip Wash, they are actually setting expectations and likely limiting its use for those who actually believe it will strip.
    Your sample is on it`s way. You should have enough to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by cf2121 View Post
    Nice review. Thanks!

I always laugh at this stuff too when they recommend using so much product to produce such a small result.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thank you The Guz.

So if Adams, or even CG`s Clean Slate, say it`s good to remove "old wax" - then what is the definition of "old?" Something that`s been on there 5-6 months? Something that`s already on the verge of giving up?

Loach (Waxmode) has just reviewed Clean Slate. Results are....well...not surprising!

Thanks for posting this. I was waiting for his new video. His results sure do look similar. You ask a good question and by that time the protection is so weak that anything will take it off. People are always looking for that magical product and this is sold and pushed as one. But the proof is in the pudding of it not working as described in the product label. Gimmick product at best.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes cf2121, JustJesus, Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up and review! Thanks! I was hoping someone would do this review, you didn`t disappoint.

It`s a shame how they handled it on the forum. Poor business IMO. Customer feedback, especially one so in depth and detailed, should be treated like gold. Personally, I would of left the post, said thanks for such a thorough review, made note of the shortcomings and goto the chemists and ask how we fix it. It really bothers me how some companies handle negative feedback. It should be treated as a way to learn and grow rather than drive ANY customers away
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes The Guz, heisenberg liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Great write up and review! Thanks! I was hoping someone would do this review, you didn`t disappoint.

It`s a shame how they handled it on the forum. Poor business IMO. Customer feedback, especially one so in depth and detailed, should be treated like gold. Personally, I would of left the post, said thanks for such a thorough review, made note of the shortcomings and goto the chemists and ask how we fix it. It really bothers me how some companies handle negative feedback. It should be treated as a way to learn and grow rather than drive ANY customers away
    Thanks. I completely agree with you. If they were not happy then just lock the thread. I could just imagine how many folks were upset in the Colorado office lol. Oh well. At least I could post it here and leave it for someone to come across it. Better to save someone cash that they can use towards something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for another good honest review. The folks at Adams should have thanked you and worked to improve their product instead of deleting your review. Poorboys is a good model for manufacturers in the market. They allowed some detailers to try their product before slapping a label on something that does not meet their standards. I trust Poorboys products, they have always delivered a good product at a great price without having to false advertise and censor reviews like Adams and Chemical Guys. I`m sure Adams has some good products, I just won`t be trying them. What is the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!"
    Likes The Guz, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Thank you for another good honest review. The folks at Adams should have thanked you and worked to improve their product instead of deleting your review. Poorboys is a good model for manufacturers in the market. They allowed some detailers to try their product before slapping a label on something that does not meet their standards. I trust Poorboys products, they have always delivered a good product at a great price without having to false advertise and censor reviews like Adams and Chemical Guys. I`m sure Adams has some good products, I just won`t be trying them. What is the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!"
    Thanks. I agree. It`s a shame that the review was deleted from their forum. It just showed me their true colors. They are more worried about sales rather than the customer. Many people that I know of have stopped using their products because of this reason among others. They should have taken the review as you said and work on the product for a future formula tweak. Or change the label to state only use on old waxes and sealants. There is no shame in saying a product doesn`t work. No need to retaliate because someone found flaws in the product.

What they don`t seem to realize is that social media is a powerful tool besides forums like this. I have posited many reviews on my instagram page and on my facebook page. I will now be posting them on my youtube page as well as that seems to be the place people gravitate to as well. So reviews get out to the world for people to find with a simple web search. The forum world is just a small part.

My dealaing with Poorboys has been great. I was one of the few that got to test out some of their new products that are going to hit the market soon. It`s great that they take pride in gathering data prior to releasing a product. And it`s not always the same people which is another good thing.
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And poorboy`s changed some things based on feedback that *we* Autopians provided!

You`re so right, The Guz, about social media. It`s far too easy for people to get the word out, be it good, or bad.

Myself, I try and research the heck out of a product before buying (usually. Poorboys is an exception now). I watch as many videos as I can find, til all my questions are answered (if possible)

And of course, Autopia is a great forum where it seems people can post honest reviews!
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post

That makes too much sense. There has to be a different way.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is childish on both sides. Why can nobody ever just move on? Post your negative review and move on. If you`re unhappy with the product, get your 110% refund and move on.
    Likes JaredPointer, RacerX_ liked this post
    Dislikes ShaneB, Ronkh, heisenberg, The Guz, KBsToy and 2 others disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    This is childish on both sides. Why can nobody ever just move on? Post your negative review and move on. If you`re unhappy with the product, get your 110% refund and move on.
    I don`t consider posting this review here childish at all. And this has given me a glimpse of how Adams handles their customers and given me enough info to not want to do business with them. I for one appreciate getting this info to save me from any possible backlash if I were to try an Adams product and be unhappy with it
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Ronkh, JustJesus, heisenberg, The Guz, KBsToy and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Childish? IMHO not on Guz`s end.

He is and has been very direct and honest in his reviews. Many people value his experience and opinion.. Read some of his other reviews and tips on how to use stuff.
    Any company or product can get a bad review, it`s how they address it will be the deciding factor on how responsive they are. (I`ve been there myself where a co not only denied/disregarded what I said, but disparaged me as well.
    IMHO they would have been advised to listen to what he said and address it instead of not even discounting it, but deleting it as well. The fact that they did that tells me (a consumer) to stay away.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes JustJesus, pwaug, heisenberg, The Guz, KBsToy and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not childish to take time and effort out of your day to post up an extensive review on something in order to better help others understand it. Adams forums escalated this situation by deleting the thread. If my findings on something were censored you can bet I`d take the time to let people know about it, especially in such a small community like the detailing one.
    Likes The Guz, KBsToy, Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not saying Guz can`t post a review anywhere. Guz is helpful both here and the Adams forum. It just now seems to me like there is an extra vendetta because a thread was closed. Post a negative review, return the product for a refund. Now it seems like there is an unfounded need to shout the bad review from the hilltops. To be honest, most of the people that will buy and continue to buy Adams strip wash will never see any of these reviews.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information