Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JReed View Post
    Nope, it came USPS ground shipping.
    Alright. Thanks. Hopefully I`ll have mine within the coming days.
    What are you going to use to apply it with after? I`ve seen people using those throw away make up applicators.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    we`re gonna need reports on this ASAP! Can`t wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought mine would come today, but I expect it to be here tomorrow or Saturday. Looking forward to the 10 degree temp drop to test this out.
    I`m wondering how I need to test this. I know it`d be best if I did a complete polish and then put it down, but I`m not testing it on my car but it is a car I have close tabs on and I see every day.
    I may do a two pass UC/SurBuf, then a light polish to do away with any haze I may encounter and then apply the System X. We`ll see.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Initial Impressions...

STRONG "solvent" like smell so unless you`re looking to get your "fix" or what have you, then keep away from your nose or wear a mask. Depending on how light or heavy you apply this, it does flash off quickly, in 3 minutes or less.

I used a round makeup applicator pad and just tipped the bottle over so quickly so that it hardly saturates it, and spread it around on a pair of C/F foglight shrouds that was already clear coated, and it seemed to make it even more glossy. I plan to wait it out for four days since I was told that it can be layered after the recommended wait time. Sorry, no pics, seeing how it won`t be noticeable at night and the amount of lighting I have that`s coming from my lamp. But so far, seems promising!

Edit:

I think I want to try and see how far I can push the recommended wait time for layering this product. Perhaps, maybe, it can be layered sooner than 4 days of applied to small areas or parts. What do you all think? I`ll try for 12 hours and see what happens. but the finish right now at the time of this writing is that its smooth but not slick to the touch, how else to describe it IMO would be like a fresh coat of Opti-coat. But who knows, it just might get more slick while it cures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it says that one bottle(100mm) is enough for one car, but hey 100mm
    is a LOT for one car. I will buy some of this and do 2-3cars per bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should. If what Rwright says is true about it being a relabeled cquartz, then what can it hurt? It`s also cheaper besides the fact that you get more per bottle than other products on the market right now.

I feel theyre quick on shipping. From CT to HI, it took about 4-5 days since I had ordered mine on the 2nd and it arrived on tuesday. If the weather holds up this weekend, I just might try this on my own ride and see how well it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I still haven`t gotten mine yet. I thought for sure it`d be here today. If they shipped Tuesday that is. Really hoping it`s in tomorrow, but I get mail later in the afternoon. The wait continues....
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post
    Wow. I still haven`t gotten mine yet. I thought for sure it`d be here today. If they shipped Tuesday that is. Really hoping it`s in tomorrow, but I get mail later in the afternoon. The wait continues....
    Mine still hasn`t arrived and I was told it shipped wed and from CT to LI NY should take no more than 2 days at the most.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Do we have any sheeting or beading videos yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine in Saturday, but haven`t had time to get my ducks in a row and try it yet. Works looks pretty light this week, so hopefully I can get it done soon.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates, gentlemen? I have just recently prepped a car and will give it a coat of system X.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been away visiting my parents in Florida . Hope to try it out this weekend weather as long as the weather allows
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I can comment on it.

The smell will knock out a horse, super strong. I was working under a carport, excellent shade, with the temps, I`m trying to remember, high 80`s to low 90`s, humidity high, and with rain coming down (but not on the car) later on. Application started out on small foam make up applicators as I had saw it done before, but on a Cadillac DeVille, I gave up and used the included microfiber applicator. Nice applicator though, has a slide hand pocket.

The company says 2 minutes in high humidity and don`t let it try all the way. It was flashing in what seemed like 30 seconds. Removal wasn`t the easiest I`ve never experienced, with noticeable effort being put into it. The paint didn`t feel as slick as it when I was correcting. But, the car was covered for the next week, allowing plenty of time to cure.

This was applied on June 16 and haven`t had a chance to wash it but I slid my hand against it and it`s very slick, and the owner made the comment it`s hard to get the cover on because it wants to slide off. This weekend I`ll try to get a wash in on it and get a video of the sheeting.
    Kyle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information