Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a re-packaged CQuartz to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Possibly, but the drying/hazing time is 2-3 minutes, from what I found on CQUARTZ is it drys for 30 mins. I might have to get a bottle to compare

Post Thanks / Like
    How much did you pay for it, and was it including the cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    How much did you pay for it, and was it including the cleaner?
    I was $39 plus $6.50 for shipping. Should arrive tomorrow. The kit includes the Resin, a cleaner a few towels and the application pad.

I did however notice there is a bigger "kit" too, I probably would have got that instead and done 2 cars at once.

I`ll update when I get to use the stuff...

Do NOT place links to other vendors in posts, its against the rules.

Thank you,
    Mod 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting product. I was watching their application videos and it does seem similar to what cquartz has to offer, with a quicker drying time. After seeing the prices for them, I decided to place an order. I also sent an email asking if the product can be layered and if they would offer samples at a discounted price. This is what Andrew said:

Robert,

You can layer System X resin without an issue, but a single layer is pretty darn effective. If you do choose to layer the product, make sure to wait 4 days for the first layer to cure. As for discounted samples I`ll suggest something like that in my AM meeting.

Thanks,
    Andrew Zeppa

With that said I`m even more anxious to see how durable this is compared to Aquartz/Cquartz, C1 and Opti-coat. With two different sized kits that offer more product for less, this should be a good alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, so I got the coating kit and applied it on a clients car yesterday (after practicing on a test hood) and so far so good.

The coating went on and buffed out very easily and left a really nice gloss. I ran some water over it after it had dried for about 2 hours and the water got that nice hovering effect as it ran away from the paint.

Im kicking myself for forgetting my camera on the way out yesterday morning, but this car should be back for an interior detail in the fall, so Ill be sure to take some pictures and post how well it held up - thats the only unknown right now.

I emailed Element 119 and got case pricing and a link to buy them, so I`ll save more by buying 12 bottles at a time and not getting the towels, applicator, and the cleaner (I use a citrus based cleaner that I really like and they said thats no problem) so it comes out to somewhere around $20 a bottle.

I`m going to begin offering this coating in the meantime, but will let customers know its new and should last for years, but I haven`t seen cars with it comeback yet because its so new. For the cost even if it only holds up for a year and still behaves this way I`ll be happy.:biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. I order the 100ml kit last night, so I hope to have it by the end of the week. My only concern is the applicator and dried product. It seems the applicator is a one time use item and you throw it away. Is that how you felt to?
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m intrigued by the time lapse video of all the washes it was put through. Once my BFWD is empty, I may give this a whirl. Unless it can be applied directly over BFWD...

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not apply System X and then top with BFWD?
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I had that backwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m wondering what the real durability of this product is...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. I order the 100ml kit last night, so I hope to have it by the end of the week. My only concern is the applicator and dried product. It seems the applicator is a one time use item and you throw it away. Is that how you felt to?
    :iagree:

Yeah I think once its used thats it, time to throw it away.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you ordered the 2nd and got it the 7th? Did you ever getting an e-mail saying it shipped or a tracking number? I ordered Monday night and figured it`d ship out Tuesday morning but I never got an e-mail saying it shipped.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, it came USPS ground shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered some up to give it a try !!!!!!!
    Ron

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information