Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>The chenille mitts and pads from CMA had a `cottonseed` problem recently. Not sure what the current status is on that. Might want to give them a ring and see if their supplier has since rectified the problem.
    [/b]</blockquote>
    CMA`s website has updated their info on their chenille mitts. They have a new supplier. FYI.

**NOTE TO ALL** If you can find 100% cotton chenille mitts from Viking at your local auto parts store, BUY THEM. I`m sure you could put them on a-bay and sell them to fellow Autopians.

Telling us your local store has them in stock doesn`t help anyone unless they live in your town. It seems as if quality cotton chenille mitts are becoming scarce except for NAPA (which I mentioned in my previous post). Buying up your local store`s inventory may benefit you in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, what I may end updoing is simply purchasing one chenille and one MF from CMA and see which one I like best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out with a chenille mitt and absolutely HATED them as they left lint on all the rubber seals (which VW puts a little "fabric" protectant on them, I supposed to keep UV degradation down). They also would shed, so I ended up with little strands of cotton all over the place.

I then went with a sheepskin mitt from Griot`s which I really liked. Soft, held lots of soap and didn`t scratch. The only thing I didn`t like was its stifness until I had thoroughly soaked it in my wash bucket. No a big deal, but...

On a fluke, I purchased a MF mitt from CMA which I love to death. It works great. Scrubs off bugs, but doesn`t scratch. Rinses clean in water. The few bugs that have stuck to it were easy to removed with some patience and sharp fingernails. It also washes up really easily as I just throw it in when I`m washing my MF towels.

I think that you will love using a MF mitt.

Oh, and as far as a polish removal cloth goes, either the Viper Detailing Cloth (mine happen to be green) or a Miracle/Magic Towel. I`ve had great success with either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the new supplier of CMA`s chenille mitts is Viking.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought two of the cotton seed mitts from CMA....I`m gonna call them and see if they will replace them. I was wondering what that stuff was!! I thought some dirt got stuck in it but it wouldn`t come out no matter how much I washed them!

H

Post Thanks / Like
    30st330I, bretfraz, thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Just got off the phone with CMA and they are replacing the bad mitts. Their prices sometimes seem a bit high to me, but you can`t beat their customer service! Maybe its because I spend about $1000 per year there...:scared

H

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote to Viking and got a reply from customer service which said that the 100% cotton chenille mitts were not being discontinued by them, but that some stores switched to the blend mitts to offer a lower price.

They suggested getting them at Checkers. When I wrote back saying Checkers had no stores in NC, they pointed me to CMA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone used the MF mitts from neatitems.com ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone ever use a sponge? I`m testing one from kmart, a big blue one with "special grips" on the top (on dealership cars ). They last longer, and come cleaner quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Boon [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Anyone used the MF mitts from neatitems.com ? [/b]</blockquote>
    I was looking at those as well but they seem to not be plush. I thouk you want a plush wash mit so that the dirt particles get pulled up into the plush.

CMA has a special for Autopians on their smaller microfiber plush imt. I`m gonna pick up two of them.

http://properautocare.com/blusmalmicwa1.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Viking cotton wash mitts on advice from the group here. I am considering a MF wash mitt.

I use 100% plush cotton towels to remove polish and an MF for the final buff.

Has anybody tried the new Black Sheep wash mitt from CMA?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 31st330i [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

I was looking at those as well but they seem to not be plush. I thouk you want a plush wash mit so that the dirt particles get pulled up into the plush.

CMA has a special for Autopians on their smaller microfiber plush imt. I`m gonna pick up two of them.

http://properautocare.com/blusmalmicwa1.html [/b]</blockquote>
    31st, I ordered one of those blue MF mitts and I`d seriously reconsider because they weren`t plush at all. I was very disappointed in them because the nap was about as plush as a Miracle towel (which is plush for a regular MF towel, but not for a wash mitt). The white MF mitts from CMA are plusher.....not as plush as a chenille mitt, but that`s just the nature of MF products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the MF mitts on garage queens that get washed even when they are not dirty. They work well when the car is relatively clean, but for daily drives that get dirty from time to time, plush cotton is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Question New Coating Product - System X

I have just ordered some of Element 119 System X Ceramic Coating and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. I have used OC in the past and am just in love with these new coating products.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information