Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Brian Brice is up in that area too. He`s another consummate pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuscarora Dave looks to be too far away. Can`t find info on the Asphalt man, but just e-mailed Brian Brice to find out where he is. I should take a picture of the few scratches on my hood and post them here to see what you guys thinks (whether it can be fixed). I`ll do that later today.

THANKS for all the help guys. This is an awesome forum!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember no direct links to another vendor / e-commerce. Da Rules!

To me don`t waste your time and money, go with Dana, TD or Brian in VA.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys - Here is the damage I was referring to. Do you guys think this can be buffed out? Or what do you suggest.

Notice in the first picture how those little spots are almost like bubbled paint? I have no idea what happened (I bought this used). It is almost like bird crap or some sort of acid was left on the paint for too long?

In the second picture (ignore the white box - that is a reflection of the light above), you will also see one of those marks. However, notice the streaks on the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Remember no direct links to another vendor / e-commerce. Da Rules!

To me don`t waste your time and money, go with Dana, TD or Brian in VA.
    ^^I agree^^ you can get in touch with Dana (Asphalt Rocket) over at live2detail (notice I didn`t use a direct link) His work is the best and I`m sure he can point you in the right direction.
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I found him on that forum and just sent him a message.

Anyone have any comments on that paint damage in my pictures above? You guys are the experts. I have no clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ERangeRover View Post
    Thanks. I found him on that forum and just sent him a message.

Anyone have any comments on that paint damage in my pictures above? You guys are the experts. I have no clue.

Yea, those bubbles ain`t coming out X_X

Dana is in Chat Room right now. Drop in and say hello why don`t you :partaaay2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont quite agree with flash :tongue: depends on how bad those bubbles reaqlly are. Id try to wet sand them out if I was doing it. Any decent detailer with any sort of background behind him should to be able to "try" at least on those. Same with the scratches almost all of those will come out. As long as you cant feel them with a finger nail 99/100 times they will come out. Even ones you can feel with your finger nail most of the time you can lighten those to a point where they are barely noticeable. Range Rover paint is pretty hard (for me to work on at least) I`ve done a few black ones , one that was brand new and had scratches and swirls all over it and another that was few years old and in really bad shape. Both took about 8hrs to work out completely.

:hurray:
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg402 View Post
    I dont quite agree with flash :tongue: depends on how bad those bubbles reaqlly are. Id try to wet sand them out if I was doing it. Any decent detailer with any sort of background behind him should to be able to "try" at least on those. Same with the scratches almost all of those will come out. As long as you cant feel them with a finger nail 99/100 times they will come out. Even ones you can feel with your finger nail most of the time you can lighten those to a point where they are barely noticeable. Range Rover paint is pretty hard (for me to work on at least) I`ve done a few black ones , one that was brand new and had scratches and swirls all over it and another that was few years old and in really bad shape. Both took about 8hrs to work out completely.

:hurray:

Well, if you really find someone with expierence they will not waste there time or the customers trying to sand/buff out those bubbles. The scratches are not a real big deal, but those bubbles ain`t gonna sand/buff out I assure you. This of course is only my opinion, for what its worth :Innocent:

Mikey, are you in the DC area now? I would certainally throw your name in the hat if so Da Rules!

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO you cant 100 percent evaluate whether or not something will buff out or not just from a picture unless the basecaot or primer already showing then its toast.

Unlesss I need glasses (and probaby do):-B its hard to tell if the clear coat is already completely broken through down to the basecoat.

But it could be that Flash has super xray vision along with his other super powers

I hope it buffs out!!!!
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Are those "bubbles" above the surface? They almost look like dried up tree sap to me. Try rubbing over them gently with a clean soft towel dampened in Isopropyl Alcohol.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information