Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top shelf spray wax (Help me pick)

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    For a long time it was OCW. But when outside temps got to be 100+ in the shade it streaked.
    glad it is not just me that has that issue with OCW. I still have a half gallon of the stuff. Guess I can try to use it up next winter as we`re getting close to the 100 mark.
    Likes glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    D156 is pretty close to their OTC version "Ultimate Quick Wax", correct? If so, I`ve had pretty good results with that. plus, it`s cheap and readily available locally and I don`t need to buy a gallon of it.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax this is as close as i get to a top shelf spray wax. very nice finish, but like most, lacking in staying power. give BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray a try, it`s probably my favorite all around.
    though not true spray waxes, i do use megs d156, aquawax ,and griot`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    For the money, megs xpress wax plus it`s many uses.
    I hear a lot of talk that this is the go to...haven`t tried, but I`m about to.

I`m using CG P40 and so far its good.
    Eric
    Automoglow.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, never thought about OCW streaking in the sun/heat as I`ve never used it under those conditions. Perfectly understandable as a deal-breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Well, in spite of your insinuation, I AM an Extremely Discerning Autopian and consider it a top shelf product.
    Sigh...I was being too smart-[aleck] for my own good again

This is a perfect example of how stuff can sure come across wrong over the internet! My apologies for what must`ve appeared to be a pretty heavy-handed slight. I sincerely hope there are no hard feelings and that you will accept my apology.

My use of "Extremely Discerning Autopian" was *intended* as a euphemism for people here who are *IMO*, borderline nutty about this stuff. I was trying to *not* offend people who wouldn`t touch a "common" product like that or who have such stringent criteria that I just don`t relate. In other words, I figured that you, like me, were a reasonably normal person who is awfully particular, but not off the deep end. E.g., some people fret about things like "that product fails to exhibit adequate jetting to compliment its depth on certain red paints in partial sunlight".

Eh, accidentally insulting somebody is a grievous sin to me...a) any insults I level oughta be deliberate and b) I just don`t do that here. And I sure wouldn`t knowingly insult RTexasF.
    Likes trashmanssd, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No worries, we`re good. I did take it as a slight backhand to the face initially. All is well.

Post Thanks / Like

my favs for quick are..
    P&S Bead maker
    WS Aqua Bead(though aqua boost last longer) can apply while car is wet or do spray and hose off
    DK Aqua seal...I use these as drying aids for my express details

may all get replaced by mckee 37 hydro blue

Post Thanks / Like

I also use OCW and have excellent results with it--even here in Texas, but I try to use it early in the morning before it gets Arizona hot. I also add about a 1/4 cup of it to my wash bucket when I wash my truck. On occasion, when I feel "rich" and am getting ready for a car show I`ll break out the PA High Gloss.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    For the money, megs xpress wax plus it`s many uses.

Agreed, I love D156. Its uses almost seem endless and it`s very economical. Not to mention that it sits atop FK1000P very well, a win for me.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    yes but op said spray wax and which of these two

QW+ not really a spray wax, but I`d go with QD+
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax rapid wax is excellent and cheap yet produces high quality results. I have a strong feeling that Fuzion spray wax is very similar to sonax rapid wax (or the same given the German scientist story you read in Fuzion, how Nick rated sonax rapid wax in his products of the year list and all the sonax/pbmg association). Again, my personal thought process leading me to this conclusion. Significantly cheaper that you can try a couple of spray waxes if your budget is set to Fuzion spray range.

In the top shelf category I also enjoyed polish angel rapid waxx results too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried Midnight Sun spray wax last year. Nice look and easy to apply, though I was expecting more.

Before I coated my care last fall, I used OCW all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased and use Fusion, OCW, Megs Ultimate, Sonax and BF spray waxes. All good and what I reach for depends more on my mood than actual product differences or performance. But to be honest, I like BF Crystal Seal more than any of the above (obviously not a wax). Last longer and by the time I`m ready to apply, I don`t need to be careful not to "wax" plastic or rubber bits. With BFCS, I can even use it on the glass. IMHO, one of the true WOW products. I also believe the color of the car can make a difference...typically I`m dealing with white vehicles and the spray sealant really works well in that application. YMMV.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can be one of those Extremely Discerning Autopians myself, and my expectations regarding OCW and Meguiar`s UQW were blown away by my first-hand experience with them. NEVER thought they`d work out the way they did. Short version: I only use UQW on black trim (do *NOT* like OCW on that!) and sometimes undercarriage stuff as it`s already on the towel; use OCW on lenses (the original plan) and/but also on all of my wife`s A8 except the black bits (only planned to OCW it until the latest paintwork cured). I had *thought* I`d be using the UQW on the blue Audi and more, but nah...compare to:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMEanGreen
    ...I love D156. Its uses almost seem endless and it`s very economical. Not to mention that it sits atop FK1000P very well, a win for me.
    See? SEE?!? This stuff is so subjective that it`s really tough to predict what others will/won`t like.

Just FWIW, my FK1000Ped vehicles just get IUJD as a Drying Aid as that`s what works best *for me*. Heh heh, somebody else might look at `em and say "gee, that needs some D156 or OCW on it"

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    No worries, we`re good. I did take it as a slight backhand to the face initially. All is well.
    Thanks, glad to hear that, yesterday seemed to be one of those days.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I can be one of those Extremely Discerning Autopians myself, and my expectations regarding OCW and Meguiar`s UQW were blown away by my first-hand experience with them. NEVER thought they`d work out the way they did. Short version: I only use UQW on black trim (do *NOT* like OCW on that!) and sometimes undercarriage stuff as it`s already on the towel; use OCW on lenses (the original plan) and/but also on all of my wife`s A8 except the black bits (only planned to OCW it until the latest paintwork cured). I had *thought* I`d be using the UQW on the blue Audi and more, but nah...compare to:

See? SEE?!? This stuff is so subjective that it`s really tough to predict what others will/won`t like.

Just FWIW, my FK1000Ped vehicles just get IUJD as a Drying Aid as that`s what works best *for me*. Heh heh, somebody else might look at `em and say "gee, that needs some D156 or OCW on it"

Thanks, glad to hear that, yesterday seemed to be one of those days.....
    Hey Accum, as much as you love Inf Use Det Jce, any reason you don`t use it as a spray wax?

I compounded my car with a sample of HD Cut I bought (wanted to love it like I do most HD products but just needs more cut) and decided to try ONRW on naked paint to see how durable the protection is. After numerous rain storms, it is holding up like a champ. Once the protection finally dies off, I will APC wash the car and polish with the sample HD Polish. With the paint naked again, I am thinking of washing one side with ONRW and the other side with Inf Use Det Jce (possibly Juice Boosted) and see how each holds up and which looks better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information