Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top shelf spray wax (Help me pick)

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Hey Accum, as much as you love Inf Use Det Jce, any reason you don`t use it as a spray wax?
    Actually, I guess I sorta do! While I haven`t tried the Juice Boost (yet ), ever since I started using IUDJ as a Drying Aid I`ve quit using QDs and, at least on the `93 Audi, Spray Waxes for between-real-LSPing.

FWIW, I use the IUDJ at slightly more than QD-strength, for *everything* except the stuff I do with the Tornador Black (dilute it a bit for that but it`s still stronger than normal RW-strength).

I do think the OCW gives a bit more protection/etc. and its UV protection is worth something on certain vehicles/items that I consider vulnerable. I`ll let some vehicles get *awfully* dirty/abused between washes, and the OCW does hold up better than IUDJ. Gee, "of course it does!", huh? But on something that`s regularly maintained (let alone to Autopiam Standards) the diffs are minimal.

No, I haven`t done one of thos Extremely Discerning Autopian comparisons to see how the different looks compare. Didn`t have to on the (darkish pearl blue) `93 Audi as the UQW looked utterly "blah" to me whereas IUDJ gives a subtle but nice enhancement to the FK1000P (which, once again, now looks great to me even though "it`s the completely wrong look" for that paint).

But yeah...to my utter amazement, IUDJ has really changed how I do some things. Still need UQW, OCW, and ValuGard FastFinish on the shelf, but I doubt I`ll buy any more QDs (unless I use up my M34 *and* do some significant correction using compounds that need some of that stuff).

Post Thanks / Like

I with Accumulator about not buying any more QDs, but my go to is CarPro ECHO2 diluted and mixed with an SIO2 topper. It cleans, adds shine, protects, and is cheap to make. I`ve got tons of other QDs just gathering dust since I tried this mixture. It`s going to take something special for me to change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Actually, I guess I sorta do! While I haven`t tried the Juice Boost (yet ), ever since I started using IUDJ as a Drying Aid I`ve quit using QDs and, at least on the `93 Audi, Spray Waxes for between-real-LSPing.

FWIW, I use the IUDJ at slightly more than QD-strength, for *everything* except the stuff I do with the Tornador Black (dilute it a bit for that but it`s still stronger than normal RW-strength).

I do think the OCW gives a bit more protection/etc. and its UV protection is worth something on certain vehicles/items that I consider vulnerable. I`ll let some vehicles get *awfully* dirty/abused between washes, and the OCW does hold up better than IUDJ. Gee, "of course it does!", huh? But on something that`s regularly maintained (let alone to Autopiam Standards) the diffs are minimal.

No, I haven`t done one of thos Extremely Discerning Autopian comparisons to see how the different looks compare. Didn`t have to on the (darkish pearl blue) `93 Audi as the UQW looked utterly "blah" to me whereas IUDJ gives a subtle but nice enhancement to the FK1000P (which, once again, now looks great to me even though "it`s the completely wrong look" for that paint).

But yeah...to my utter amazement, IUDJ has really changed how I do some things. Still need UQW, OCW, and ValuGard FastFinish on the shelf, but I doubt I`ll buy any more QDs (unless I use up my M34 *and* do some significant correction using compounds that need some of that stuff).
    You mentioned you use M34 during correction sometimes, what for? To put a little lube on a fresh pad? Add a little lube down to extend correction time? To remove polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    You mentioned you use M34 during correction sometimes, what for? To put a little lube on a fresh pad? Add a little lube down to extend correction time? To remove polish?
    Primarily the removal. Stuff like M105 micromars for me,so badly (yeah I know, only visible under certain lighting, but still...) that whatever I can do to minimize that is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I with Accumulator about not buying any more QDs, but my go to is CarPro ECHO2 diluted and mixed with an SIO2 topper. It cleans, adds shine, protects, and is cheap to make. I`ve got tons of other QDs just gathering dust since I tried this mixture. It`s going to take something special for me to change.
    That combo sounds intriguing, but I`m gonna stiffle my curiosity since I appreciate the cleaning power of the IUDJ Last thing I want to do is discover another great approach to recomplicate things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    For a long time it was OCW. But when outside temps got to be 100+ in the shade it streaked.
    Now I like WG LS and Mckees Fast Wax.
    Fast Wax: Marc in AZ suggested I try it so I bought a sample bottle. It`s fabulous. Need to try it next when temps go up.
    I cut mine with 30% more distilled water and seems to work even in the sun on hot days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I cut mine with 30% more distilled water and seems to work even in the sun on hot days.
    I have been very unimpressed with Mckee`s Fast Wax. I do not like how a bunch of crystallized sediment sinks to the bottom within 30 minutes of shaking it. It`s the only spray wax/sealant that I`ve used that clogs my sprayers with sediments and sometime no matter how much I shake the bottle I will have small blue specs that didn`t get re-emulsified in the stirring, shaking, mixing, rocking process. It really made me appreciate my D156 and OCW because all I ever have to do is give it a quick little shake and they are good to go. On a positive not, I felt like Mckee`s Fast Wax was very similar to Wolfgang spritz sealant in it`s ease of application and I didn`t have any issues with streaking. But, unlike a quality spray wax/sealant like D156 and OCW, I didn`t feel like it enhanced the rubber and plastic trim and as someone that relies on spray wax to maintain trim, I really value enhanced appearance OCW and D156 offer
    Likes glfnaz liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman, glfnaz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LashingStanley View Post
    ... D156 and OCW..enhanced the rubber and plastic trim and as someone that relies on spray wax to maintain trim, I really value enhanced appearance OCW and D156 offer
    Are you a, uhm...Extremely Discerning Autopian with regard to how those products compare on trim? I find I`m extremely opinionated as to which one I like on which surfaces (didn`t expectt that either).

Post Thanks / Like

I think I know what you`re getting at, I really enjoy using OCW on plastics and rubber trim due to the UVA/UVB inhibitors. I tend to use OCW for protecting trim on a bi-monthly basis and UQW/D156 for "dressing" trim on a bi-weekly basis. I tend to favor OCW on paint and ESPECIALLY headlights. It`s nearly all I`ve ever used to protect the headlights on my 2004 dodge dakota and they are still perfect. Although I intentionally use OCW over all of my trim, it does not really enhance the appearance at all. I have never found another spray sealant/wax that can quite enhance plastic and especially rubber trim quite like UQW/D156. Which do you prefer? If there is another one that comes to mind I`d love to give something new a try. I`ve pretty much stayed loyal to OCW/d156 and they have never let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Are you a, uhm...Extremely Discerning Autopian with regard to how those products compare on trim? I find I`m extremely opinionated as to which one I like on which surfaces (didn`t expectt that either).

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- I`m doing the same as you are other than not using OCW on trim much at all; I use it on paint and lenses only, though I might wipe something else down with it should I have a lot on my towel that I don`t want going to waste.

If my vehicles spent much time outside/in the sun I might do it the way you do with the underlying base of OCW on trim/etc.

I do still like ValuGard`s FastFinish on black plastics and rubber though, often use that as a Drying Aid on such surfaces and then go back and apply the UQW later.

(I use UQW instead of the D156 version as I get an annual supply for Christmas.)
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been very unimpressed with Mckee`s Fast Wax. I do not like how a bunch of crystallized sediment sinks to the bottom within 30 minutes of shaking it. It`s the only spray wax/sealant that I`ve used that clogs my sprayers with sediments and sometime no matter how much I shake the bottle I will have small blue specs that didn`t get re-emulsified in the stirring, shaking, mixing, rocking process. It really made me appreciate my D156 and OCW because all I ever have to do is give it a quick little shake and they are good to go. On a positive not, I felt like Mckee`s Fast Wax was very similar to Wolfgang spritz sealant in it`s ease of application and I didn`t have any issues with streaking. But, unlike a quality spray wax/sealant like D156 and OCW, I didn`t feel like it enhanced the rubber and plastic trim and as someone that relies on spray wax to maintain trim, I really value enhanced appearance OCW and D156 offer
    I`m glad you posted your comments about Fast Wax. When I got home I went and looked at my fast Wax bottle. I only have the 4 oz sample size bottle as I got it when I was buying the Waterless Product and just wanted to test it. It`s clear at the bottom so you can see inside. But, my bottle does not have the crystallized sediments. I don`t doubt yours does, but mine doesn`t. I wonder if you got a weird batch, or if others have found this issue. I do have the larger bottle arriving soon and I will transfer the product into a clear PET bottle and observe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I`m glad you posted your comments about Fast Wax. When I got home I went and looked at my fast Wax bottle. I only have the 4 oz sample size bottle as I got it when I was buying the Waterless Product and just wanted to test it. It`s clear at the bottom so you can see inside. But, my bottle does not have the crystallized sediments. I don`t doubt yours does, but mine doesn`t. I wonder if you got a weird batch, or if others have found this issue. I do have the larger bottle arriving soon and I will transfer the product into a clear PET bottle and observe.

Did you ever transfer the Fast Wax into a clear PET bottle? I found it bizarre considering that it`s not a thick waxy emulsion like optimum car wax, and had a consistency of a detail spray. I really hope the sample bottles I received were just part of a bad batch that was exposed to extreme heat or cold and the product is actually a treat to use. I`d love to hear if in the past month you have noticed any sediment sinking to the bottom of the bottle. I really wish I hadn`t thrown it out so I could take a photo.Shoot!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Since this thread has been revived...

#1 - PA Rapidwaxx, been putting it on everything, paint, glass, trim, plastic.
    It is thick so I use my best towels (Eagles), anything less and the lint sticks. Does need some extra buffing.
    The deep wet kinda shine, which gets better after an hour or 2. Slick.

#2 - Pinnacle Spray wax, which goes on everything, and fast ! By far the easiest spray wax I`ve used.
    Spread it out, flip towel, buff & done. Quick flash, smells great !
    A glowing crisp shine. Slick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Since this thread has been revived...

#1 - PA Rapidwaxx, been putting it on everything, paint, glass, trim, plastic.
    It is thick so I use my best towels (Eagles), anything less and the lint sticks. Does need some extra buffing.
    The deep wet kinda shine, which gets better after an hour or 2. Slick.

#2 - Pinnacle Spray wax, which goes on everything, and fast ! By far the easiest spray wax I`ve used.
    Spread it out, flip towel, buff & done. Quick flash, smells great !
    A glowing crisp shine. Slick.

After applying HYDRO BLUE, I have not used any topper or drying aid. Stuff is amazing on its own! Guess I really don`t want to alter the look of HYDRO BLUE. And its easy enough to reapply if needed. I have been looking into Sio2 soaps that renew and leave behind another coat of protection. Hydrofoam. Gyeon bathe+. Car Pro RESET. But have not used one yet. I have to agree with your post. Rapid wax and Pinnacle always come to the top when talking spray waxes. I have used Pinnacle in the past, and it is very good.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes liveguard06, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did. yes i have some sediment now in the bottom. It is micro sediment. Looks like a white fog or a white cloud. Once I shake the bottle it disappears.

Did you ever transfer the Fast Wax into a clear PET bottle? I found it bizarre considering that it`s not a thick waxy emulsion like optimum car wax, and had a consistency of a detail spray. I really hope the sample bottles I received were just part of a bad batch that was exposed to extreme heat or cold and the product is actually a treat to use. I`d love to hear if in the past month you have noticed any sediment sinking to the bottom of the bottle. I really wish I hadn`t thrown it out so I could take a photo.Shoot!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information