Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax/Sealent for long(er) term protection - Recommendations for two cars

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m still scratching my head about how the FK1000P doesn`t always bead that well for others...mine`s still giving me great beading despite not having redone either for ages. Guess it`s just that YMMV thing...
    IME , i did a 50/50(more like 60/40) on my Nissan`s hood with 845 and FK , and the FK side caused the water to sheet off a lot more than 845. See pic below how the passenger side has a lot more beading than driver side which has FK1kp . I only rinsed it with a garden hose while standing in front of the car(i wasn`t trying to assist any sheeting,just a normal randomly positioned rinse off) after a wash,then sprayed it with a wider/more open nozzle pattern to try and replicate falling rain and that was it, the water rolled off by itself on the FK side and the 845 just held it on there all beaded up. I`ll take sheeting over beading personally since beads evaporate and become dirt spots. MAYBE the way FK behaves with sheeting, causes us to not see beading that is *as* consistent with other LSPs???

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes nickclark08, pwaug liked this post
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have Sonax PNS on my M3 and it has done very well. 6mo still beads like crazy, granted I give it a boost with BSD but I`ve been happy with the level of protection

Post Thanks / Like

Migue-- perhaps it`s the sheeting of FK1000p that accounts for the lack of water spots I`ve experience since using it on my lighter colored car. I`m going to apply it to my wife`s black Golf this spring in hopes it will minimize the spotting we get with other LSPs. Perhaps it won`t have the "wet" look, but if I can minimize the spotting it will be worth it.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    I have Sonax PNS on my M3 and it has done very well. 6mo still beads like crazy, granted I give it a boost with BSD but I`ve been happy with the level of protection
    How does the PNS perform with regards to "self cleaning" and bird bomb protection?
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to thank you all for this thread. As a result. I picked up a can of the FK1000p.
    I was looking for something especially good for the steel wheels on my car. They show through the hub caps. I want to avoid the wheels ever getting rust. I see so many cars with the wheels rusty. I don`t want to be obsessive. Just keep the car stand up looking. Might even use it on the plastic hub caps?
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlkToy14 View Post
    I`d like to thank you all for this thread. As a result. I picked up a can of the FK1000p.
    I was looking for something especially good for the steel wheels on my car. They show through the hub caps. I want to avoid the wheels ever getting rust. I see so many cars with the wheels rusty. I don`t want to be obsessive. Just keep the car stand up looking. Might even use it on the plastic hub caps?
    I got it on my Alloy Wheels and it is still holding up after 6 months ,weekly washes and daily driving on stop and go traffic for the most part. I only used a cleaner the first time, and after applying the FK on wheels it`s just been rinseless solution or leftover soapy water from traditional wash. Nothing else needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information