View Poll Results: Which wax would YOU use?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wax 1

11 28.95%
  • Wax 2

11 28.95%
  • Wax 3

11 28.95%
  • Wax 4

2 5.26%
  • Wax 5

3 7.89%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 Way Wax Test / Blind Survey

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Number 2 hands down. The resistance to chem/soap is just like a coating. Try a little reset on it an see
    Originally when I first looked, I didn`t get that.

But since you and Greahead pointed it out..........

Interesting
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m thinking and voted for #2, I really thought it looked like 845 so I`m curious.

Post Thanks / Like

#2 for sure. On pins and needles for the product
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- I`m late to this party as per our PMs And I gotta say I found it more interesting than I`d expected to!

Will it get very dirty Wed.-Wed.? I`m wondering how the waxes will behave when soiled. Also curious about blow-drying behavior (even just driving it at speed might work).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    I`m thinking and voted for #2, I really thought it looked like 845 so I`m curious.

Curious about? Me, i`m curious to see how 845 does. I have a bottle, just never got around to trying that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JustJesus- I`m late to this party as per our PMs And I gotta say I found it more interesting than I`d expected to!

Will it get very dirty Wed.-Wed.? I`m wondering how the waxes will behave when soiled. Also curious about blow-drying behavior (even just driving it at speed might work).
    This party is just getting started? haha.. - Glad you found it more interesting than expected. Now you see why I wanted to see what others thought

Ohhhh boy. It got dirty within two days. It`s been a thorn on my side, having the hood as dirty as it is. I have my change and camera ready to go, for today`s wash. However, should I push it back one day so I can mount a GoPro to observe the blow-drying behavior? I don`t own a blower yet, so I normally hop on the freeway to air dry it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Curious about? Me, i`m curious to see how 845 does. I have a bottle, just never got around to trying that one out.

This party is just getting started? haha.. - Glad you found it more interesting than expected. Now you see why I wanted to see what others thought

Ohhhh boy. It got dirty within two days. It`s been a thorn on my side, having the hood as dirty as it is. I have my change and camera ready to go, for today`s wash. However, should I push it back one day so I can mount a GoPro to observe the blow-drying behavior? I don`t own a blower yet, so I normally hop on the freeway to air dry it.
    Get a hat mount for the cam. This way we see what you do.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Get a hat mount for the cam. This way we see what you do.
    Sorry, Ron. Not sure I follow. I was going to mount the GoPro high on the windshield, aimed downward on the hood. I was then going to drive to capture the blow-drying behavior.

EDIT: Should I do the spot-free rinse, like usual, or just hit it with the high pressure water to rinse off? The air drying will follow immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    EDIT: Should I do the spot-free rinse, like usual, or just hit it with the high pressure water to rinse off? The air drying will follow immediately.
    I`ve never noticed DI water behaving differently from "regular" when drying (other than the spotting issue) so I`d use the spot-free just to avoid the risk of the waterspotting.

Post Thanks / Like

New Video Posted - 1 Week Update

WOW. Autopia`s new look completely threw me off. I thought I was in one of those error pages where you can register a domain.

Anyway..

Status Update - 08/28/15 - 8 days later (Week 1)

Here is a short video showing the effects after having the wax on for one week and one day. The test panel was dirty, and hopefully the pics captured it.

This time, I *was* able to video the spot free rinse. I also added a short drive after the wash, to create a "blow-dry" type scenario. I used a GoPro mounted on the top of the windshield. I`d suggest as large as screen as possible to see the water behavior to this air drying. I used a 23" computer screen, and can barely make things out. Sorry guys, but that`s the best I could do without rigging something up (and I wouldn`t know where to start on that!).

https://youtu.be/NpQxrImI8pY

OKAY, can someone please embed the video like before? Thanks a bunch.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Good job on the latest video. For some reason I was expecting the beads to roll/blow off sooner.

Watching these makes me wish you had FK1000P on one section (or maybe M16 ).

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Good job on the latest video. For some reason I was expecting the beads to roll/blow off sooner.

Watching these makes me wish you had FK1000P on one section (or maybe M16 ).
    Thank you, sir. I wasn`t expecting anything with beads coming off. I kept the speed down at 20 prior to the freeway thinking that the blowers people use shoot air at a higher speed (?)

Reading up so much lately, about FK1000P, makes me wish the same. AND M16. Well, good thing is, I did receive my Fuzion. M16 is on the way. And FK1000P will be added soon as well.

Perhaps a Version2.0 is in order? FK1000p, M16, Fuzion, Colli 845, and ????
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Leaving the durability aside, comparing M16 and FK1000P might be interesting..thinking how I have two basically identical silver Audis with M16 on one and FK1000P on the other.

As for that "????" product, you could always buy a can of the old 3M Showcar Paste Wax (v1.0, pre-VOC) from me But eh..that wouldn`t prove anything since you can`t get it any more. Seriously, if I were doing the test I`d add Optimum Car Wax, but that`s just me.

EDIT: what I`d *really* like to see in the test is something you *never* hear about here at Autopia- Malm`s (liquid) Car Wax. I used that stuff for ages and still remember how the waterbeads would roll right off the car at stoplights (if I did the prep right). It`s sorta like a super version of the liquid M26. Man did I like that stuff, only quit using it due to my durability-is-all kick. I might even switch back to it on the Jag (in place of Souveran) some day.

Post Thanks / Like

Coolness !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Coolness !!!!
    Coolness is you winning another 1st place. Congrats.

EDIT: what I`d *really* like to see in the test is something you *never* hear about here at Autopia- Malm`s (liquid) Car Wax.
    That`s kind of one reason I wanted to test out Malco`s Cherry Flash. I swear, the first time I used it I thought the car had a different kind of glow/shine that I hadn`t seen. AND, and it also *seemed* to stay cleaner longer. That, coupled with my concurrent testing of 3D`s Carnauba Paste Wax, was what ultimately led me to this 5 way test.

Accumulator 1on1 (M16 v. FK1000p), and durability aside is easy enough. What are we looking for here? Looks, water behavior?

I did happen to order some OCW in my last order, alongside Fuzion. So that can be the "????" wax. Malm`s has an interesting guarantee, and that piqued my curiosity. All I need now is to receive two of the waxes so I can get started.

BTW, I had to chuckle with what you said about 3Ms wax. You really are earning that name of yours!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information