Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Dogfather- That`s great durability!

FWIW, I find FK1000P basically impervious to certain shampoos (such as Griot`s Car Wash). Panels that don`t take a lot of abuse stay OK seemingly forever despite being washed. Never tried the FK wash though..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

OP, the Collinite 476s product works well, but FK1000p is in a different league of its own. I have both products and like the FK MUCH better. However, the 476s on top of my Honda`s dark green paint, does increase the depth, but a tad. You will not be dissatisfied with the FK1000p!!
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Applied 2 layers of FK1000 6 weeks ago for the first time after a full prep on my Medium Green Passat--look is fantastic--kind of like a candy apple shine. Had no problems with application (by hand) or removal but I guess I was infected with Accumulator`s "scare tactics" (appreciated) to apply it thin, thin, thin. Since then I`ve washed the car twice--both times just a pressure wash followed by a blow dry with the leaf blower and some light blotting. Couple of bird bombs came off so easy (with a squirt of FK425) that it was silly. Monday will be my first full wash and I imagine it will be a snap with the slickness of the 1000.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad my FK1000P recommendations are working out.

TheMeanGreen- Which LSP are you using on the dark green Honda? I`m thinking of how I`m sticking with 476S on my dark blue Audi...

pwaug- Glad to hear that you *like* the look of FK1000P on that color. I mean...well, yeah..*I* would really like that look on that paint too, but some people might not. Actually, I bet that looks *really* *REALLY* good.

And yeah, I predict an easy wash I`d use something like the FK425 as a drying aid, but that`s just me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m definitely going to try some FK425 in the future.
    Been using PB S&G and QD+.

Are you guys saying 476 might be a better option for a Dark Blue Ford Edge?

I`m putting the FK on my Silver Explorer and White Marquis...
    my Edge might get used for the BriteMax review unless I do it on a Lexus IS250 I`m detailing next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Are you guys saying 476 might be a better option for a Dark Blue Ford Edge?
    It *might* look better, at least to some people. I`d probably still use the FK1000P on it just for the superior protection and durability. But then I`m sticking with 476S on my dark blue Audi...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    It *might* look better, at least to some people. I`d probably still use the FK1000P on it just for the superior protection and durability. But then I`m sticking with 476S on my dark blue Audi...
    I would be interested to see what that Dark Blue would look like with 915. If I was closer we could give it a try. The one thing I have noticed with 915 on a light color is that it does seem to darken the color.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Glad my FK1000P recommendations are working out.

TheMeanGreen- Which LSP are you using on the dark green Honda? I`m thinking of how I`m sticking with 476S on my dark blue Audi...

pwaug- Glad to hear that you *like* the look of FK1000P on that color. I mean...well, yeah..*I* would really like that look on that paint too, but some people might not. Actually, I bet that looks *really* *REALLY* good.

And yeah, I predict an easy wash I`d use something like the FK425 as a drying aid, but that`s just me.
    Accumulator: I am using the FK1000p, I am in love with its durability in heat!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Accumulator: I am using the FK1000p, I am in love with its durability in heat!
    Heh heh, well...they *do* call it a "high temperature wax" (That`s because it was designed as a mold-release wax.)

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, well...they *do* call it a "high temperature wax" (That`s because it was designed as a mold-release wax.)
    However, this morning I did put a layer of 476s on top of a 1 month layer of FK1000p, it made the metallic flakes pop. Me likey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    However, this morning I did put a layer of 476s on top of a 1 month layer of FK1000p, it made the metallic flakes pop. Me likey.
    Ah, another of those YMMV things, and one I find really interesting!

On the Yukon XLD I had ("Granite Metallic", like a very dark metallic gray, almost black) it went *exactly* the opposite way; when I switched it from 476s to FK1000P that made the flakes pop more for me. I
    And I actually used 476s on my pal`s old Jag to deliberately mute the look of the b/c repaint, which I consider period-incorrect for concours (nobody else seems to care about that though...); he had NXT on it and I thought that looked simply *wrong*.

Just goes to show how you just never know how things`ll turn out *for you* until you try it and see for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

FK1000P has landed on my doorstep today.
    Can`t wait to apply in prep for winter.
    20150901_220108-1280x720.jpg
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I would be interested to see what that Dark Blue would look like with 915..
    I always just kinda knee-jerk-avoided 915 based on my conversations with the guys at Collinite. Sounds like a few people here really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    FK1000P has landed on my doorstep today.
    Can`t wait to apply in prep for winter.
    20150901_220108-1280x720.jpg
    It`ll do ya good for winter
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    ..[that tin of FK1000P]`ll do ya good for winter
    For about the next dozen winters too. A little goes a long way even on huge vehicles.

ShawnF350- I`m *really* looking forward to hearing about how it works for you.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information