Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

I have used 845 Insulator Wax in the past.
    I am tempted to try either 476 or should I go with 915 in the fall for winter protection.

Is 476 so hard to work with that I`ll regret it?
    How about 915?
    I know they have a chart showing ease of use.

Or should I try the Fusion if it`s still $40?

I will be coating one of my cars with BF crystal coat too that I haven`t opened yet.

I remember when I was about 13 years old waxing my father`s friend`s maroon 280zx.
    I used some paste wax I found on our garage shelf.
    Johnson`s Furniture Wax to be exact.
    I realized what I had used after wondering why it wouldn`t buff off.
    I remember using a Terry towel with my arms feeling like they were going to fall off.
    I`m sure I put it on heavy too on a nice sunny day.
    I just hope 476 isn`t like that.. is it?

I know Ray has Klasse damaged bottles too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

Hi Shawn,

From what I`ve heard, 476 is just the paste version of 845. So if you have 845, there`s no need to get the 476.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tempted to try another Wax....Collinite or other? For coming winter long protection.

I`m not really sure how much more protection you get using 476 but they show it a few scores higher.
    http://www.collinite.com/assets/Uplo...ctguideOLD.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

And 476 has more carnuba in the formula so you should get a deeper look if it`s dark paint.

Post Thanks / Like

476S is not bad. Remember to apply thin. Someone here has a 8 minute rule which may help, he applied waited 8 minutes and removed. I have gone longer than that with out much trouble. 915 goes on/off easier to me but 476S I thought looked better at least on light colored vehicles. 845 if I remember is like a 6 month wax and 476S states at least 1 year.

Dave
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can never have toooooo much wax
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

​845.......

Post Thanks / Like

ShawnF350- If you want *protection* get some FK1000P.

I used Collinite 476S happily for years (still use it on one car) but switched to the FK1000P due to incredibly superior performance. It also basically replaced KSG for me, and you don`t have to layer the FK as much.

I must have nearly a case of (pre-VOC) 476S just sitting here; I`ll never use it with FK1000P available.
    Likes marinesoup liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, I went with your suggestion.
    Telling me you have so much 476 sitting around I figure you must really feel the FK is better.
    Hoping application isn`t too physical.

I really like the 845 but do all my work in my garage. I got a nasty headache and a bit light headed past few times...so it limits me to waiting for late afternoon applications when I have shade outside.

I also went with Rons comment.
    You can never have too much wax!

Post Thanks / Like

You`re going to love FK1000-P compared to 845.

It`s a very slightly harder to remove than 845 but like they all say the key is applying a very thin layer/coat. I twist the pad a quarter turn on the FK1000-P per panel (that`s my tip for thin application).

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t recommend Fusion if you are looking for durability. I consider it just a show wax.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    I don`t recommend Fusion if you are looking for durability. I consider it just a show wax.
    I actually had good luck w Fuzion lasting pretty well, so surprised at your results.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used FK1000p as a topper before winter arrives for at least 5 years now. Looks great and lasts for months on my silver Infiniti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Accumulator, I went with your suggestion.
    Telling me you have so much 476 sitting around I figure you must really feel the FK is better...
    I hope you post back about what you think of the FK1000P, even if you do *not* care for it (unlikely as I think that is).

Hoping application isn`t too physical.
    I never found it tough and I use it on big vehicles. But eh, that`s just me and I somehow find most LSPs really easy.

If it`s tough, you can dampen the applicator a *little* with FK425 and/or spritz a *LITTLE* FK425 on when buffing it off. Gee, not trying to sell you on more FK stuff but the FK425 does compliment FK1000P quite nicely.

DO let it dry until it passes the "finger-swipe" test before you buff it off. Don`t do the wipe-on-wipe-off thing with it lest you compromise the durability and/or cause some kind of issue like streaking.

I really like the 845 but do all my work in my garage. I got a nasty headache and a bit light headed past few times...so it limits me to waiting for late afternoon applications when I have shade outside.
    I wonder how the FK1000P will be in that regard; I do think it`s a "chemically/solventy" product.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW
    Last week during a heavy rain I was looking down on my car from my 2nd story window (as I often do when it rains) and it was still beading nicely. Beads not as small as they were when I applied FK1KP last Oct. but beading nonetheless.
    I stopped washing it in Nov. and did not touch it until mid June. At that time I washed it with FK118 and to the untrained eye it looks fully detailed though slickness is non-existent. My future ex-wife parked her new Honda HRV, also pearl white, behind it one day and my car outshone it by a mile. Reflective as heck. Still looks like it`s wrapped in Saran. I`m pretty amazed how FK1KP held up through the NE winter (no garage). I`m sure not washing it for 6 mos. helped.
    Then again maybe I`m looking at the DG 501 I cleaned it with prior.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information