Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collinite Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite Sale

Well, I don`t have a boat. But if you`ve hung around here a long time and haven`t tried 915 - it`s your loss.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In a deep Arnold Schwarzenegger voice... "excellent."

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of the few that have not tried Collonite products. I have tried damn near everything else. What should I start with? Insulator or 845. Is the Sapphire cleaner necessary and better than other cleaners? Ideas please. I have everything else but Polish Angel and I am being temped by them. All suggestions are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Colly 845 good stuff.................just as good as anything out there for far less money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I am one of the few that have not tried Collonite products. I have tried damn near everything else. What should I start with? Insulator or 845. Is the Sapphire cleaner necessary and better than other cleaners? Ideas please. I have everything else but Polish Angel and I am being temped by them. All suggestions are welcome.
    I wouldn`t use the Sapphire

845 is OK and trim friendly. Pretty much a foolproof product and a good choice as liquid waxes go. Pretty durable for a liquid.

I use their 476S paste far more often myself. More durable than 845.

Both give good protection, exhibit nice beading, and shed dirt well.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for new wax I just got 845 and 476S yesterday how`s the 915 ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gordster1122 View Post
    Don`t know but the reviews are great for looks although the longevity according to Collinite is a little shorter than 476S. I did order some during the sale, I have 885 on one vehicle and 476S on another and I do not know if 915 layered on either would make any difference.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gordster1122 View Post
    915 is STELLAR. Especially on darker colors. Looks wax-like but lasts sealant-like. Don`t believe any nay-sayers about it being hard to use. FOLLOW the Instructions.

Post Thanks / Like

Been years since a wax was on my shelf, but 915 is a crazy good wax on dark paint. Won all kinds of awards over the years. It doesn`t get the kudos that other siblings do, but I found it without equal in the collinite family.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys going to order it

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a Boat load (pun intended) of Collinite stuff . Anal but I just polished the kitchen porcelin sink with 870. I used a terry cloth and it took out the rust stains with an aggressive touch, that sink is so slick nothing will stay on it now. I also used it on the Black plastic mirrors and window trim on the wifes van, the sponge applicator was full of black when done then I layerd some 476 over that.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I didnt know they have a site called Premium Boat Care!
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Collinite 915 from The Detailed Image some time back because I liked 925 Fiberglass (845 equivalent) and 885 FleetWax (476S equivalent) I purchased from an local marine supply.

I can say that it does shine pretty good, BUT the only beauty wax I have to compare it to is AutoGlym HD in my personal collection. I did apply it to a family-in-law`s sister`s tan/taupe GMC Acadia last October and it did last through an upper Midwest winter and she commented how good it looked whenever she got here vehicle washed to remove the salt and sand that are used on all the roads around here during the winter.
    Yesterday (Sunday, 28th of June) I applied it to my brother-in-law`s white Chevy Terrain, as he`s been after me to do so since I did the fore-to-mentioned GMC. Looked really nice on white, but most the vehicles up here that are daily drivers are more concerned with longevity and protection than bling. The fact that you can get both with 915 at a "reasonable" price (to some a $34.00 wax is outrageous) is a win-win in my book.
    Now for the million dollar question: is 915 THAT much better than 476S?? I do think 476S will last (a little) longer, but in my untrained eye 915 has that "pop" or "shine" of a carnauba that just stands out. When people ask, "What wax do you use to make your car shine so much?", you know you`ve got a winner.

Three things I find with 915 application and removal:
    1) Thin is better and easier to remove, but I guess that holds true with almost ALL carnauba waxes.
    2) I still find it`s a wax-on, wax-off (WOWO) with 915. I do not let it haze over nor do the entire vehicle and then come and wipe it off. I found that two panels or one hood are enough to apply to and then go back and remove it. But that`s MY experience and as the ever-present Accumulator would say (or post) "You`re mileage may vary" (YMMV).
    3) I have never layered (IE, applied multiple coats) of 476S or 915. I have with S100 and AutoGlym HD and, yes, I think you get more "depth", but I have yet to find that true of Collinite from fellow Autopian`s within this forum. Some "sandwich" 845 and 476S for "added protection", but I think most Collinite aficionados feel one coat is enough.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Three things I find with 915 application and removal:
    1) Thin is better and easier to remove, but I guess that holds true with almost ALL carnauba waxes.
    IMO that`s true of *all* LSPs, period. Only time I`d really slather something on is when using a Meguiar`s Pure Polish on old single stage.

2) I still find it`s a wax-on, wax-off (WOWO) with 915. I do not let it haze over nor do the entire vehicle and then come and wipe it off. I found that two panels or one hood are enough to apply to and then go back and remove it. But that`s MY experience and as the ever-present Accumulator would say (or post) "You`re mileage may vary" (YMMV).
    Heh heh...yeah...though I`ve never tried 915. Many use WOWO with 476S, but I still do the whole vehicle before buffing off, but then I do that with all my LSPs (on paint, trim can be a different story).

3) I have never layered (IE, applied multiple coats) of 476S or 915. I have with S100 and AutoGlym HD and, yes, I think you get more "depth", but I have yet to find that true of Collinite from fellow Autopian`s within this forum. Some "sandwich" 845 and 476S for "added protection", but I think most Collinite aficionados feel one coat is enough.
    I still do the "Collinite Sandwich" but lately it`s more of an open-faced sandwich as I do a base of 845 topped with 476S. I used to add more 845 from time to time (hence it was more of a conventional sandwiching) but any more I just do the 476S after that base layer.

One of my reasons for the 845 base layer goes back to when I had the Yukon XLD with *lots* of PPF all over it; the 845 was easier to manage along the (PPF`s) edges and also made the subsequent applications of 476S easier in that regard.

GENERALLY, I`ve gotten away from 845 though I sometimes still apply it to trim (which I then usually maintain with a Spray Wax) if not using the Klasse twins for that.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information