Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything you need to know about prima hydro max

From nick at prima....

1. Does it require the surface to be LSP free and residue free to bond well? No, it can go over your LSP.

It mentioned using non-polymer wash like hydro wash. If it`s that sensitive to the wash having polymers, it may be sensitive to anything else on the surface. All my waterless or rinseless washes have polymers so I wonder if that compromises it already. I was thinking maybe of using WGPPE first to remove the previous LSP and clean the paint, but even that leaves fillers, so I wonder if durability will be compromised. Ideally I`d waterless wash a car and then apply this immediately after but it seems that is against recommendations. Loose polymers such as those in Prima Mystique can cause streaking. That is the issue. If Hydro MAX goes down without streaking, then carry on.

2. Can it be layered? If yes, how long of a wait in between layers? Yes, no wait necessary.

3. Is there a curing time before it can get wet for maximum durability? Water isn`t an issue. A strong detergent "might" impact it slightly.

4. It mentions "contains mineral spirits", what implication does that have? No implications. It is an emulsifier.

5. Does it contain UV inhibitors? Yes

6. Does it work well on plastics? (headlights, tailights, smooth trim plastics) Same durability and prevent headlight yellowing?Yes.

7. Does it work well on the windshield to make water run off when driving? Is it durable there and does it cause wiper chatter or streaking glass? I find it is more durable on glass than paint. Water beads and at highway speeds runs off.

8. Does it work well on wheels? Does it have the heat resistance and durability to be used there successfully?Sure. It isn`t as durable as Prima Wheel Armour, but it works.

9. Is there a temperature/humidity range it should be applied for best results? Maybe. Didn`t really try to quantify for that range.

10. Can it be applied successfully on hot paint in full sun? (successful = no streaks, maintains full looks and durability)In July? No. In January. It`s been done.

11. Just how long is it claimed to last? 3-6 months

12. Is it considered more or less durable than Epic and Hydro Seal?Less than Epic and it is Hydro Seal. Just a spray version.

13. How long/short have you seen it last on your cars?

14. What is the shelf life of the product in the bottle?There isn`t one. If it doesn`t streak when you spray it, then you are good. All Prima products are good for one year unopened. Once opened, there is no guarantee.

16. Does it remove underlying LSP upon application or does it sit on top of it? It doesn`t contain a cleaner.

17. Is it good for topping a "coating" like OC? Does it have similar hydrophobic properties or will it be worse compared to coating itself? Haven`t tried it and I`m not sure even what you are referring to. Prima Hydro MAX is a spray sealant. No need to make it more complicated than it is. Shake, spray and wipe
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Swanicyouth, trashmanssd, Hatchman liked this post
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everything you need to know about prima hydro max

Thanks for this. I, personally, would want some of the concerns about polymers answered before I try this. Specifically, if it can`t get along with, or is compromised by, ONR or UWWP, then it ain`t for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything you need to know about prima hydro max

Hydro Max is probably the best product out there of its kind. I`ve used it on wax after washing with rinseless wash - and I`m telling you, you won`t have a problem. It beads well. It`s easy to use. It`s slick. The bottle itself is great. As an LSP it lasts a long time.

It blows Optimum`s spray wax out of the water.

Don`t worry about rinseless washes or any car wash.

For most normal people, this is the only LSP you need.

Quick, easy, done.

I`ve applied it in the sun - no problem.

Use a single towel - no applicators to clean.

It just works with anything - and works well.
    Likes PA DETAILER, trashmanssd, Ronkh, Hatchman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. As easy to use as a QD, but don`t let it fool you. A true dedicated LSP. If you maintain this with their wax as u dry, you will have a simple plan that will yield stellar results. In the past, for me it has been...

1. AMIGO
    2. HYDRO MAX
    3. WAX AS U DRY (To maintain)

In this new age of coatings etc and very direct application directions, HYDRO MAX is as easy as it comes. I never had any issues with it. Sometimes the keep it simple product shines. And HM is one of them.

Prima Hydro MAX Super Spray Polymer 16 oz.

Prima Hydro Spray Wax

Prima Amigo Glaze Prewax Cleanser Swirl Remover
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Great info, will have to pick some up next order. Does it come in gallons?

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

I use Slick, one of my favorite QD. Yes it leaves a slick surface and I believe it reduces dust "appeal" on the garage ornament as my wife calls it.
    Swan, so you`ve had no issue with this over a wax? The mineral spirits kinda concerned me.
    Question 17? Would be interested to know as once the Reload is gone I would be interested to try this atop the kids Opt 2.0 cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
    I use Slick, one of my favorite QD. Yes it leaves a slick surface and I believe it reduces dust "appeal" on the garage ornament as my wife calls it.
    Swan, so you`ve had no issue with this over a wax? The mineral spirits kinda concerned me.
    Question 17? Would be interested to know as once the Reload is gone I would be interested to try this atop the kids Opt 2.0 cars.
    No. I`ve never had an issue. Works fine on my OC`ed roof on my Pathfinder. Mineral spirits concerned me as well - but IMHO It just works well.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember back in 2013 waiting for it`s release. My first review of it....

Prima hydro max review - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

As you can tell from the pic, i always loved the look of hydro max. A lot of depth and slickness. Same results were obtained yesterday. BAM!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Hydro Max is probably the best product out there of its kind. I`ve used it on wax after washing with rinseless wash - and I`m telling you, you won`t have a problem. It beads well. It`s easy to use. It`s slick. The bottle itself is great. As an LSP it lasts a long time.

It blows Optimum`s spray wax out of the water.

Don`t worry about rinseless washes or any car wash.

For most normal people, this is the only LSP you need.

Quick, easy, done.

I`ve applied it in the sun - no problem.

Use a single towel - no applicators to clean.

It just works with anything - and works well.

I agree 100%. Such an under rated product !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve also used this product with ONR and the Ultima comparable product...no problems at all. It`s one of the best and easiest product out there. Don`t know why it doesn`t get alot more attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. If you were to use the wax as you dry and then wanted to add another coat of max down the road, are there any bonding issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Also love this Prima Hydro Max. I like playing around with different waxes and sealants but when I know I need protection and I dont have time to mess around. I just grab Hydro Max and do quick spray and wipe after I dry the car post wash it gets up the last bits water and puts a good coat of sealant on in few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m very interested in this product. Just wondering how the product looks like. Sorry, these aren`t the most in-depth questions.

I`ve been using Collinite 845 with a spray wax and really like the looks of that. Does this product produce a similar nice looking result? Would using a spray wax sometimes enhance that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Great post. If you were to use the wax as you dry and then wanted to add another coat of max down the road, are there any bonding issues?
    NO. That is a perfect 1-2. Lay down the hydro max then maintain it with wax as u dry.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    I`m very interested in this product. Just wondering how the product looks like. Sorry, these aren`t the most in-depth questions.

I`ve been using Collinite 845 with a spray wax and really like the looks of that. Does this product produce a similar nice looking result? Would using a spray wax sometimes enhance that?
    I think so. I have a coat of 845 on now. To give it a boost i used the prima wax as u dry. Not the hydro max. The results were stunning to say the least. The wax as u dry can be used to boost ANY lsp product. As well to maintain a hydro max finish.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information