Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experiences with Ceramic Sealant Long Term Performance ( Ceramic Pro 9H or Other Brands ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by benzw205 View Post
    Hello, can you confirm that Ceramic pro is one of the best coating choice ? Can we buy it online and DIY or only pro can buy it ? Thank you.
    Well it`s Bic approved!

Likes ShaneB, Ronkh, Stokdgs, Jon@APAD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experiences with Ceramic Sealant Long Term Performance ( Ceramic Pro 9H or Other Brands ) ?

I was looking into a self heal ceramjc coating out of Australia..but minimum order to. Ship to use is ridiculous ..min of 7k USD lmao

Perhaps I can get an Aussie friend to buy 1 and ship it to me
    And on Mohs scale all ceramic/nano coatings range from under 8 but min of 7
    I`d imagine SIO4 would be a somewhat easystep up from current formulations no?

And as far as I know we still only have 1 rubber based coating from the UK which leaves no water spotting like the current nano/ceramic

Gyeon is prob one of the best in regards to scratch/marring along with another company I plan to try

Post Thanks / Like

Manufacturers should not state how long a coating (or any other product) will last. There are too many variables in play. My coating will last forever if I never take it out of the garage, while the coating on a daily driver may not last 6 months. If you notice there is no money back guarantee on most products sold, just manufacturers claims of longevity. Buyer beware and results may vary should be in the very small print. I do not believe any coating will stand up to repeated abuse from rocks or even high velocity sand.
    Likes Detail Impressions liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Well it`s Bic approved!

Too good.
    Likes Jon@APAD liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I used a well known product on my old work van. I did just the hood and front corners. After a couple years, those 3 panels still looked good but the rest of the clear coat had gotten chalky looking. Sometimes old school products outlive the over hyped products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Wow... They sure did give themselves a lot of ways out of honoring that warranty
    More ways out than an epoxy floor product
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone dealt with CS II Products?

Post Thanks / Like

How do ceramic coatings hold up under normal washing conditions? Do they resist swirls better that other coatings?
    00///M5, 95///M5, 04 X5,4.4, 02 Sierra Denali.

Post Thanks / Like

My personal experience is that coating stand up much better than traditional sealants to equal abuse.

If given some care they can really offer long lasting shine and protection.

All the coating I have used have been very good, but all stop short of knocking my socks off. They hydrophobics seem to peter off in 2 months to 8 months without a topper.

I was totally against toppers at one point because the coatings are enough $ they should do what they say. Now I can tell you the coatings still protect long after the hydrophobics are gone. Makes washing easier because nothing sticks. The toppers make it easier to dry, make the rain bead up really nice but they add expense and time to the maintenance process.

I rarely use the same product 2x on my own cars because I am looking for better and every time one of the respected, regulars post a write up product you like it gets me thinking, perhaps this is it!

None are Bad, Some have different properties on what they do well and others easier to apply, but I have not used a bad coating yet.

Perhaps there is a guy in Korea laughing his a$$ off because they are all the same with different labels?
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post

Perhaps there is a guy in Korea laughing his a$$ off because they are all the same with different labels?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Experiences with Ceramic Sealant Long Term Performance ( Ceramic Pro 9H or Other Brands ) ?

No coating protects against rock chips... Coatings are a lot like wax - maybe 1% better (or worse).

Post Thanks / Like

I would say coating are not perfect BUT they are 85% better thank wax clean-ability and durability wise.

Imho

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    No coating protects against rock chips... Coatings are a lot like wax - maybe 1% better (or worse).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information