Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend best car shampoo?

I doubt I`ll buy anything other than Meg`s D110 Hyper-wash (love it more and more, gallon half way done now).

1oz in my foam cannon:

The foam was still there on the ground the next day (that`s how long the bubbles last)...

Post Thanks / Like

Will have to check out the Ultima. HD Wash, Optimum car wash, and Carpro Reset are all good in my book

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Both lubricating and rinsing are top notch..[with Ultima]... The wool mitt I use just glides over the paint and after rinsing there is no film ...
    Ah, thanks for the additional info. Now if it were only (a whole lot) cheaper...

Post Thanks / Like

10$ for a 22oz. That`s not bad. I`m curious to try out the Ultima now. I`ll add it to my next order

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yes , the best wash soap/ best car wax saga continues!
    I will throw my two cents worth of opinion for Meguiar`s Professional No.62 Carwash shampoo and conditioner. I have used this shampoo in the past after reading somewhere (probably Meg`s website) that it was used at a well-known car museum for their collection, so I figured it had to be good for my daily driver. Before this, I had been using whatever I could find OTC. Like many of you I have used Meg`s Gold Class and before that some citrus-base soap that came from Big Lots (Don`t laugh! it cleaned very well.) While No.62 is relatively expensive compared to OTC soaps, it lathers and suds very well, but the big thing is it rinses clean. I bought a gallon of Optimum`s Car Wash (OCW) AND 32 oz. No-rinse (ONR) when I ran out of No.62 based on the reviews I read from Detailed Image and within this forum. Like many of you, I found it does not rinse as clean as No. 62, for whatever reason. Cleans very well and the suds lasts, but the" film" it left behind on windows meant I would have to clean the windows with a window cleaner to see out of them decently. Maybe it was the water and yes, like many of you, I mixed ONR with OCW soap to supposedly "soften" the hard water when I washed vehicles for friends and family at their house. But at my home that has a municipal water supply that is not that hard and using just OCW, I still got film streaks on my windows. So I bought new gallon of No. 62 with about a 1/4 gallon of Optimum Car Wash left. Still will use OCW, but for maintenance 2-bucket traditional car washes, I prefer No.62
    GB detailer
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I will throw my two cents worth of opinion for Meguiar`s Professional No.62 Carwash shampoo and conditioner. I have used this shampoo in the past ...and.. I prefer No.62
    I`ve used a *LOT* of M62, it was my go-to after I quit using cheap stuff and before I switched to Griot`s Car Wash. I`m still using up my last gallon on wheels/wells/undercarriages. I`d kinda miss the smell of the stuff after decades of experience with it, might even buy some more when I run out, but I dunno...the 3D Pink in a 5-gallon bucket is tough to beat and IDK if the M62 has any real advantages over it.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information