Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend best car shampoo?

Heh heh, I think I`ll always remember the scent of TW ZipWax car wash! IMO it didn`t leave an appreciable amount of wax behind.

The shampoos that I found to be *VERY* harsh on LSPs were, of all things, Pinnacle`s Bodywork Shampoo and the BlackFire stuff that came with their AFPP bundle. Both of those would strip LSP down to "squeaky clean" pretty much every time I used `em even with awfully mild dilutions.

iamalexander408- I`ve never had any problems from mixing shampoos, but I can (if I stretch my imagination a bit..) kinda hypothesize that some shampoos that leave a lot of stuff behind might be incompatible. But again, it`s never been a problem for me and I love the combination of Griot`s and 3D Pink. I`d go ahead and mix them with no worries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    CGs Citrus Red: aggressive cleaner for filthy cars
    Glad to see someone got it right as it will not strip LSPs unless it`s an almost gone wax, but not synthetic sealants.

After years of using DG 901 recently tested HD Wash and 3D Pink Car Soap and was impressed by both. And they are both less expensive per wash than DG901. Pink is just a shampoo that leaves nothing behind but has great lubricity and allot of foam if your into foam. HD Wash really leaves a great finish with added slickness.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

The 3D Pink soap is on my list to try.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to be using Duragloss 901 for my car shampoo when I wash it next week. I`m wondering if this shampoo can be used as a quick detailer while drying the car? My plan is to wash the car, then rinse it and then maybe some kind of QD for some lubrication while I dry with the towel. I prefer to stick with the same product so I was wondering. I know with ONR this is possible but I am not sure about Duragloss 901. Or is there another shampoo that can be used as a 2 bucket wash method and also be used as a QD?

I might be able to get away without using a QD as a drying method but the car has to be really clean, right?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Last order i added DP POWER WASH & WAX to try. I have heard nothing but good things about it.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    It`s a pretty good soap Al. I had a small sample bottle. Good suds and cleans well.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    I`m going to be using Duragloss 901 for my car shampoo when I wash it next week. I`m wondering if this shampoo can be used as a quick detailer while drying the car? My plan is to wash the car, then rinse it and then maybe some kind of QD for some lubrication while I dry with the towel. I prefer to stick with the same product so I was wondering. I know with ONR this is possible but I am not sure about Duragloss 901. Or is there another shampoo that can be used as a 2 bucket wash method and also be used as a QD?
    NO, don`t use a coventional shampoo as a QD, they need to be rinsed away. Don`t want "shampoo residue" left on the paint.

I might be able to get away without using a QD as a drying method but the car has to be really clean, right?
    Right. I did that for years before getting my IUDJ and I sometimes still do.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I like to mix it with Griot`s Car Wash to up the lubricity, but otherwise it`s good IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    NO, don`t use a coventional shampoo as a QD, they need to be rinsed away. Don`t want "shampoo residue" left on the paint.

Right. I did that for years before getting my IUDJ and I sometimes still do.

Thanks.
    [/QUOTE]

I have some DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss that I can use then as a drying tool (spray on wet car and dry with rag?). I`ll check out the IUDJ after I run out of the DP - seems so nice. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

You don`t want to use a shampoo as a QD. I follow up my Duragloss washes with Duragloss Aquawax. The Aquawax makes a great drying aid.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss that I can use then as a drying tool (spray on wet car and dry with rag?). I`ll check out the IUDJ after I run out of the DP - seems so nice. Thank you!
    You really don`t need a quick detail product (or anything) to dry following a good (two bucket) wash. You can just use a high quality micro fiber towel or even a super absorbent `shamwow` like towel. You could also use something like Duragloss Aquawax and an MF towel. But frankly I think the best drying tool is simply a leaf blower. Yes it may look strange to the uninformed neighbor thinking you`ve lost it, but it`s touchless and works great! (Yes there are other blowers you can get, but since I already had a leaf blower or two, they serve the purpose nicely).

As to the original post, I think most all modern car wash soaps work just fine - the secret is more in the process although I like to add a bit of ONR to the soap and water wash bucket for a little extry slickery. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

MiVor- I dunno, besides the added safety (from encapsulation of potential contaminants), I find that my drying aid products (QD, IUDJ, OCW) add a little bit of pop to the appearance and I also appreciate the (presumably minimal) sacrificial layer of protection that they provide.

Sure not saying such stuff is mandatory, got by without doing this for over 30 years. But now that I usually do use them, I find it`s worth it to me. Heh heh, sorta wish it *weren`t* as it is an added expense.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator - With the exception of an ONR wash, I`ll stick to air (leaf blower) for drying and use a spray wax topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Accumulator - With the exception of an ONR wash, I`ll stick to air (leaf blower) for drying and use a spray wax topper.

Ya know, I bet you and I aren`t really very far apart on this after all!

I blow off the vast majority of the water with my AirWand-equipped leaf blower, and I often use OCW as opposed to a QD on my wife`s car (and plan to use UQW on the older Audi). Heh heh, as potent as I mix up IUDJ, it might be more like a spray wax than a QD anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 901-902 smells just like.

See how it works in a soap cannon today.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information