Thread: Gritty dust....

Post Thanks / Like

Gritty dust....

I get dust on my car in a gravel lot at work. It`s is dust from rock. I`m doubting any of the rinseless or minimal washes would avoid scratching the paint. Because of this gritty rock dust. I have to use soap and lots of water to wash it off. Do you agree?

More talk if you`re interested.
    I do have Optimum No Rinse Wash. I`m impressed with how well it works. Don`t think I should try it with the rock dust. I`d also think this way in the desert. That dust is from sand. It scratches.
    I am stuck with limited possibilities. I live in an apartment. They couldn`t keep the car wash area going. People abused it and ruined it for everybody. I`m going to a real good wash. Can control the amount of spray on the car. Even in winter. Can close the garage doors and do it. Only lack is an undercarriage wash. Gee... this guy has everything there. He might consider an undercarriage wand. Or is there something I can make or buy to work with the car washes wand?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gritty dust....

You could always go to a self serve car wash, use just a plain water spray to remove the gritty dust, then do a rinseless wash.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I live on an unpaved rock road and do the same. I spray the vehicles off with a water hose to rinse any grit and large dirt off and then do a rinseless after I`m satisfied there are no longer any large pieces of anything that would Mar the finish. This is fairly easy with a vehicle with a quality lsp. If it doesn`t rinse to where I`m comfortable I`ll break out the 2 buckets and do a traditional wash.

Post Thanks / Like

ONR is safer then soap and water period, doesnt matter if its dust from Mars. Hose it and wash it.

I wash my trucks of mud from jobsites with ONR, have to rinse it well first.

The no rinse means no rinsing at the end, not in the beginning.

Thread Information