Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
Ah, I think I have one of those [shutoffs] in the garage somewhere. I will definitively try that. The gun is just clunky and the arm angle is awkward..
Yeah, that awkward angle is why I first tried the shutoff. Makes all the diff IMO.

I`ve even thought of using the LC wash wedge like an aggressive version of a boar`s hair brush! Maybe someone who owns one would want to experiment haha.
Ah, but here`s the "but"- The way the BHB sheds dirt so readily makes it basically self-cleaning/rinsing, so the dislodged dirt gets flushed away better than with any othe type of wash media. That`s why I use the BHB first *every* time and then follow up with the foamgun + mitt.

Do you dampen it before drying? I find my 600 gsm plush towels really just push around water when they`re dry. They`re better damp but leave little streaks I still have to deal with.
No, I use my Plush MF Drying Towels dry (and that`s how I used WWMFs previously). Sounds like you need different MFs for drying.

..What`s your use for IUDJ right now? Do you do the GDWM as your last washing step or just use it as a drying aid?
Sorta a combination of last wash step + drying aid. The vehicle is almost certainly clean by that point (pressure washer rinse, then BHB/foamgun, then mitt/foamgun) but I basically do a GDWM with the IUDJ anyhow after blowing off most of the water with my AirWand. I spray IUDJ on there, use a plush MF wet with IUDJ for a quick wipe (this leaves a good bit of IUDJ on the paint) and then dry with a plush MF Drying Towel.

I think I`ve got the basics down now and am enjoying the process and trying new things. I just gotta be careful not to blow more money every time I get a new idea. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Yeah, those "new ideas" can get expensive! I won`t say that I actually *enjoy* any of this detailing stuff (do enjoy the end-result though ), but I do enjoy the challenge of figuring out the best approach (for me). Heh heh, I`ve been washing cars in the Nutty-Autopian sense since the `70s, yet I`m *still* finding ways to refine how I do it!