Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dreaming of spring....

I did a mop up in the engine bay - mostly all the plastic stuff within reach. I used diluted simple green and a WW MF towel. I dressed the parts with Stoners Trim Shine. I like the way this product works/looks. I don`t think I`d use a spray like this in the interior, but it looks like a winner for exterior plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I did a mop up in the engine bay - mostly all the plastic stuff within reach. I used diluted simple green and a WW MF towel. I dressed the parts with Stoners Trim Shine. I like the way this product works/looks. I don`t think I`d use a spray like this in the interior, but it looks like a winner for exterior plastics.
    IMHO - there is no use for simple green in automotive care. It can pit aluminum and some other metals. I understand you just did plastics, but myself, I would be afraid of overspray
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Will do. Broke my rule and got the two year replacement plan - if it dies, Lowes gives me a new one!
    Accumulatorette got the plan too, based on my prior history with pressure washers (gee, she was paying attention!). Pressure washers, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators are the only things I buy the maintenance plans for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    IMHO - there is no use for simple green in automotive care. It can pit aluminum and some other metals. I understand you just did plastics, but myself, I would be afraid of overspray
    You`re entitled to your opinion and fears. I`m not worried about Simple Green. I dilute it for most jobs, reserving full strength for tires and I don`t use it on aluminum although I understand it`s not an issue with aluminum if not allowed to remain without rinsing.
    In any event, it works well, is environmentally safe, and is made in the USA!

Once again....

From Simple Green’s FAQ-

Simple Green products have been successfully and safely used on aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over 20 years. However, caution and common sense must be used: Aluminium is a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water. The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green or Crystal Simple Green can accelerate the corrosion process. Therefore, contact times of All-Purpose Simple Green and Crystal Simple Green with unprotected or unpainted aluminium surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will allow - never for more than 10 minutes Large cleaning jobs should be conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time. Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all Simple Green/Crystal Simple Green residues. Unfinished, uncoated or unpainted aluminium cleaned with Simple Green products should receive some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation

EDIT: I have to say I find the above curious. It`s gone now, but (many) years ago I `inherited` an aluminum Grumman canoe (a gift from my father in-law) that had sat in the water in a (his father`s) boathouse for many years....with no signs of any corrosion. Perhaps not all aluminum is created equally?

Post Thanks / Like

I also did a trial of the Trim Shine by spraying the black plastic on the rear bumper area. Again, I really liked the resulting look. This just might be my new go to product for the exterior plastics (bed rail covers, mirrors, bumper...) - I had previously used Megs version of back to black, but after a light rain, I had some product streaks down the paint (not good). Anyway, the trim shine makes the plastic look band new. Just not sure how long it lasts, but this experiment also makes me want to try Stoners Tire Shine as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dreaming of spring.... Greenworks 2000 psi pressure washer

Well outta the box there was a pin hole leak in the detergent tank. The instructions say to NOT TAKE BACK TO THE STORE - Call Greenworks. So I called Greenworks and explained the problem of a pin hole leak where the nipple exits the tank. She told me parts are not available so I`ll have to return to the store. I told the girl I could probably repair it, but she said that would void the warranty. So I took it back to Lowes and got another one - I just might be taking advantage of that 2 year replacement deal.

thumb_2000_PSI_Electric_Pressure_Washer.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

MiVor- Sorry to hear about the hassle..proves the wisdom of buying from the local Lowe`s, huh?

Seems like more and more products have that "do not return to store" thing, but Lowe`s has always been cool with it when I did just take stuff back.

Hey, what`s the amp draw on that unit?

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator - 13 amps .... 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer - Greenworks

Edit: I truly don`t know why manufacturer`s are NOT producing and selling parts for the equipment they produce. Perhaps "Greenworks" (pressure washers) is new enough that parts are not yet an issue. I did see `Blue Hawk` parts at Lowes that may work on the Greenworks pressure washer but the only (attachment) thing from Greenworks was the surface (e.g. driveway/patio) cleaner. They show a foam gun/cannon on their web site, but it doesn`t seem to be available anywhere that I see???

Post Thanks / Like

MiVor- Ah, OK, thanks. That`s pretty decent performance for a 13A draw all right.

Post Thanks / Like

Woke up today to it snowing like heck....c`mon, enough is enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Woke up today to it SUNNING like heck.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Woke up today to it SUNNING like heck.
    Hope you get sunburn! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get sunburn! lol
    I can feel the love......

Post Thanks / Like

Or mebbe it`s just the spring warmth

Post Thanks / Like

Petty jealousy!

....For years my in-laws were snowbirds at a condo in Cocoa Beach. The Mrs. and I would take a 10 day to 2 week vacation almost every year in winter. There`s nothing like getting on a plane in Syracuse, NY in the freezing cold of winter and getting off the plane in Orlando to bright sunshine and 78F. And then there`s napping on the beach to the sound of the surf....ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

That was then....these days, in winter, I hibernate like big ole bear!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information