Post Thanks / Like

Griots Wheel Cleaner

Hey guys! I just wanted to know if the Griots Wheel Cleaner is a good products for cleaning rims? I know that the cleaner is pH cleaner and that its safe for all wheels but I just wanted to know how good it actually worked. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Wheel Cleaner

I`ve used the heavy duty wheel cleaner and it works really well. I like it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner and the regular Griots wheel cleaner. Both work really well. I have always been a fan of their sprayers.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the griot`s hd cleaner also.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots is a very good wheel cleaner for well-maintained wheels. Just about perfect for the weekly clean up.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it better than P21S. But these days I seldom use any Wheel Cleaner as I LSP or coat them and use a somewhat potent (regular) shampoo mix.

I do still use the Griot`s on the Crown Vic`s wheel covers and the Tahoe`s winter wheels.

Never tried the HD version, never needed it even on supposedly tough applications (German cars with high-dust pads).

IMO perhaps the best thing about the Griot`s (well, other than that it works..) is that it`s *safe*, won`t mess up the wheels` finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Griots Green Wheel Cleaner - which is what I think is being referred to here. It`s the one that is pH neutral, approved by BBS, yada - yada.

I think I paid $1.99 a bottle. It`s fine - but to me, that`s about what it`s worth. For like 30¢ you can add 2oz of your favorite car wash soap to a 36oz bottle of water with a foaming sprayer and make a solution that is just as good and just as safe.

I`d recommend CGs Citrus Red for this task.

On the flip side, I picked up a gallon of Griot`s QD for $8.95 at Advance Auto today. I have absolutely no use for it.

While I was there, they were blowing these out for $5:

& Brake Kleen was BOGO:

Post Thanks / Like

Swanic, that wheel cleaner was 1.99 at Advance today?

EDIT: Nevermind, I always get confused between Advance and Auto Zone, there really isn`t an Advance convenient to me.

Post Thanks / Like

No. It was a while ago. I bought like 10 of them or something. The other stuff is from today though.

Post Thanks / Like

Did Advance Auto end their relationship with Griot`s?

Post Thanks / Like

SwanicYouth- Interesting, my (somewhat potent) shampoo mixes don`t match the Griot`s Wheel Cleaner on *un-LSPed/coated* wheels, nor are they as good for tires (I know, but it`s tempting to just spray the Wheel Cleaner on both the wheel and tire).

I used to really like the SpeedShine *on waxes*, but these days I use rinseless washes instead, along with spray waxes. And I do mean that I *really* liked it...never thought I`d end up giving away my last gallon, but a pal of mine still uses it and I didn`t want it to just go bad (it does have a limited shelf life). I`m using up my last of it on wheel wells and undercarriages.

You like the foaming sprayers? They never really satisfied me....funny, maybe I oughta revisit them some time.

Heh heh, you and I hardly ever disagree on stuff, might retry the foaming sprayers just because you like them! I dunno about our differing opinions about the Wheel Cleaner, but what I have on-hand will last me for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    SwanicYouth- Interesting, my (somewhat potent) shampoo mixes don`t match the Griot`s Wheel Cleaner on *un-LSPed/coated* wheels, nor are they as good for tires (I know, but it`s tempting to just spray the Wheel Cleaner on both the wheel and tire).
    Yeah, I always found wheel cleaners like P21S and Griot`s (green) to be reasonable tire cleaners, and I`d have to agree about shampoo, even strong dilutions, not working as well, but I think that`s my gut talking rather than any recollection of consecutive testing etc. (although I have done testing like that with color-change vs. (non-HF) acid cleaner).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

I used to really like the SpeedShine *on waxes*, but these days I use rinseless washes instead, along with spray waxes. And I do mean that I *really* liked it...never thought I`d end up giving away my last gallon, but a pal of mine still uses it and I didn`t want it to just go bad (it does have a limited shelf life). I`m using up my last of it on wheel wells and undercarriages.

You like the foaming sprayers? They never really satisfied me....funny, maybe I oughta revisit them some time.

Heh heh, you and I hardly ever disagree on stuff, might retry the foaming sprayers just because you like them! I dunno about our differing opinions about the Wheel Cleaner, but what I have on-hand will last me for years.
    I love the Griot`s foaming sprayers. They are better than Adam`s (crappy foam) and better than CG`s "Duck" (leak all over). As for the difference between my soap solution (Citrus Red 1:18) wheel cleaners and Griot`s / P21S - dunno.

My wheels are coated and come just as clean just as easy regardless which one I use. Both require agitation; but the soap solution foams up better - which I like.

I won`t use either to clean tires usually that aren`t coated with Tuff Shine. The Tuff Shine`d tires I`ll use either.

I`ll by Griot`s wheel cleaner all day long though for $1.99 - just for the bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- I had some older BMWs and Benzes, never LSPed/etc. the wheels, and shampoo mix didn`t get the brakedust off, period. Specific recollection as the ones on the Benzes took a while. Easy enough with the Wheel Cleaner, but still time-consuming.

And even when shampoo mix does work fine, well...then I have to use a Rubber Cleaner on the tires. No free lunch. And then think of how, IIRC, Tom P found that he was happier with how good Wheel Cleaners worked for him! Eh, I could second-guess the whole LSP-the-wheels thing if I wanted to. As in: use Wheel Cleaner to get `em *really* clean at each wash, treat with a spray-LSP each time as part of the wipe-down/drying. Hmmm, I guess I won`t think about that much more lest I convince myself

Thread Information