Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid Prima Mystique Wash and Prima Hydro on Nissan 370Z

How much better can a simple spray wax help the finish? Here`s a simple wash and wax I did yesterday on a Nissan 370Z with a body kit.

Products used:
    Prima Mystique/Meguiar`s Hyper Wash in my Kranzle foam cannon
    Prima Hydro

The paint is hazy and dull and really needs polishing which will happen in about 2 weeks when it is scheduled to come back. But for now, a wash and wax will suffice.

There are also numerous tape lines, strange when the shop that installed the body kit claimed to have painted it off the car and the car has not been repainted.

Buffer trails from another detailer

Compound/residue from another detailer

Using my mix of Prima Mystique (polymer wash soap) and some Hyper Wash for foam and cleaning

I let it dwell for about 10 minutes then foamed it a second time

Dried the paint with a Belgian Waffle Weave, and used compressed air to blow the crevices. Prima Hydro was applied on the dry paint as two coats to ensure full even coverage.

Back out in the sun

I think the paint looks significantly better. Although up close it needs a lot of paint correction to be spectacular, for what it is, a simple wash and wax, it looks much improved.
    Find BlackWow at Autopia-Carcare.com
    Black Wow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hybrid Prima Mystique Wash and Prima Hydro on Nissan 370Z

nice job

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Richard that is certainly impressive. That shampoo combo has some pretty decent foaming action. Did you notice much of a difference if you use Mystique by itself?
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

luv the red! nice work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard nothing but good things about Hydro. And I must say the car definitely looks better than before. I may have to look into picking some hydro up. I just got some Amigo...

Post Thanks / Like

I know this thread is old now, but have you found any issues using a polymer based wash (Mystique) with Hydro-Seal which is explicitly stated as something to NOT use together via Prima themselves?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh it`s not that old! Prima specifically instructs users NOT to use a polymer based wash with Hydro Seal due to potential bonding issues. I prefer to abide by their advice in situations like this as I really don`t want to have to strip the wax and reapply. Hydro Wash smells great and is intended as the complementary product for Hydro Seal.

I know it seems kind of backwards to design a product that conflicts with your existing product line, but in this case, consider a non polymer soap as an essential part of the formula for consistent results and the polymer soap for maintenance of the Hydro Seal after it`s been applied. You don`t have to stop using Mystique..just use it in the right sequence.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    I know this thread is old now, but have you found any issues using a polymer based wash (Mystique) with Hydro-Seal which is explicitly stated as something to NOT use together via Prima themselves?
    Find BlackWow at Autopia-Carcare.com
    Black Wow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard@BlackWOW View Post
    Oh it`s not that old! Prima specifically instructs users NOT to use a polymer based wash with Hydro Seal due to potential bonding issues. I prefer to abide by their advice in situations like this as I really don`t want to have to strip the wax and reapply. Hydro Wash smells great and is intended as the complementary product for Hydro Seal.

I know it seems kind of backwards to design a product that conflicts with your existing product line, but in this case, consider a non polymer soap as an essential part of the formula for consistent results and the polymer soap for maintenance of the Hydro Seal after it`s been applied. You don`t have to stop using Mystique..just use it in the right sequence.

Richard

Well that`s what I was getting at.. other than the fact I mistook you as using Hydro-Seal in conjunction with Mystique, and not just Hydro (which is fine to use with Mystique).

TL;DR: I thought you were using Mystique with Hydro-Seal. *oops*

Thread Information