Post Thanks / Like

Need more business

Ive just started mobile detailing about two months ago . Business is doing ok but has not stayed steady enough. Any suggestions on how to reach out to more customers or any places i might be missing out on getting business from ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need more business

There are a lot of variables so my answer is a bit generic. Look for areas to upsell. That can extend your hours and increase your profits. Be visible. Not only is it important that people see the results of your work, but people are more likely to ask you for a card while you are working than if they simply see your sign. When you don`t have a reason to rush to finish spend a little extra time to go above and beyond. It impresses people and increases referrals. Don`t go overboard, though, or you risk setting expectations too high.

Post Thanks / Like

Start living the part of a business man. Go out and talk to people, meet people, tell them what you do, because unless you have a couple grand saved up for advertising you aren`t going to get very far...
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I have done all these things . Maybe im expecting to much to soon .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgibson2980 View Post
    Most likely. I have had flyers and cards out for a good four weeks and have only gotten three cars. Recently got two calls but both haven`t called back.

Just have to wait it out some.

Post Thanks / Like

I have hundreds of flyers a cards out . I have started to receive calls from flyer in the last week or so that i had put out two months ago . We just have been hit by a storm here in va and it took power out for thousands of people and business so i think that has affected me alot last week . Good thing is that word of mouth is getting out and i have some repeat customers i do weekly or bi weekly . Just need more business this is my full time job have kids and bills to pay . But i have to admit that i love detailing, have for yrs .Need to just keep putting myself out there in the community and it should pay off .,

Post Thanks / Like

word of mouth is the best way, let your work speak for itself, if you shine it, they will come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgibson2980 View Post
    This maybe the case, this is really a word of mouth business for the most part.

I would go back to your customers and ask them for referrals and see if that helps.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

put yourself on google places and yelp (if you haven`t already). try and get some of your existing clients to take the time to leave you a positive review. may take some incentive for them (free wash maybe?) but the positive online reviews hold weight with people. I`ve only gotten a few people to actually post on there for myself but it has made a difference

just be careful on yelp. they can `filter` the reviews. meaning they`re still available, just not really obvious where you have to click another link and fill out a text box to read them. I do not understand the criteria by which they filter the reviews but the intention is to prevent phoney reviews
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have done quite a few things (detailing wise) to get free reviews and some free content and bulk up facebook page and/or website.

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe this is a word of mouth business . I sent out 1000 flyers my first month and had only about two hits from them . But i have received calls on some of them these resent weeks so its good to know people are holding on to them . But must of my business has been coming from one person telling another and so on . I have not ventured into car lots tring to avoid them . have worked at some and nothing against car wash sells men but lets just say they have their corks . Plus i had a bad experince with one at the start of my business venture . but may concert it in the future .

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you done research on the demographics of your area and surrounding? Hitting your target market is key. This truly is a word of mouth business.

I am in the same boat. This is my full time profession. 97% of my work is word of mouth. I don`t outside advertise. I do make myself known at shows and try to be involved somehow to get my name out.

We could talk all day about rare and exotic cars but general detailing can make more money. When your in the higher end the general public thinks they can`t afford you. Make sure your advertising appeals to both. Make sure you pick a target market and stick with it. Being all over the place can be a headache. Plus you don`t want to be stuck with jobs you put more time than money made.(that means higher end, middle
    ground) Quality is always key though.

I`m no expert but.....
    Getting started is very hard. I`ve been around a while but the shop I worked for received credit. It`s just now getting to the point people have figured out where I went. If this is what you want stick with it. Understand for a while it will be a rollercoaster ride.
    Truly best of luck.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the advise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    put yourself on google places and yelp (if you haven`t already). try and get some of your existing clients to take the time to leave you a positive review. may take some incentive for them (free wash maybe?) but the positive online reviews hold weight with people. I`ve only gotten a few people to actually post on there for myself but it has made a difference

just be careful on yelp. they can `filter` the reviews. meaning they`re still available, just not really obvious where you have to click another link and fill out a text box to read them. I do not understand the criteria by which they filter the reviews but the intention is to prevent phoney reviews
    Definitely Google Places and Yelp. You`d be surprised how many calls you`ll get if you word your listing properly.

Another suggestion might be to invest in a couple of small signs that can be made for cheap at a place like Kinko`s. Then go to Lowes and buy a saw horse and attach the signs (be sure to have arrows pointing). Then when you detailing a car - hopefully in the parking lot of a high end shopping center, right at the curb of a busy intersection - put your `a frame` sign on the street.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Was this something you did on the side or part time? Did you have a solid base before you started a business or did you just one day say I`m starting a business? If you started cold turkey then it is going to be slow in the beginning. It seems like you should be getting a little more action than you are. Do you have a website? I don`t seek out customers at all and I do a few cars a week. Between people who know me and my website I can stay as busy as I want to be. I turn away people because I only have so much time. If your website is not giving you a few cars a week I would see what you can change on it. Maybe it is not showing up on a Google search.

Thread Information