Thread: business plan

Post Thanks / Like

business plan

Has n e one here written a business plan? i`ve been lookin to wirte one but don`t have an idea of where to start.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: business plan

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Has n e one here written a business plan? i`ve been lookin to wirte one but don`t have an idea of where to start.
    go to a book store or lib. and pick a book up on it. There are tons of books out there on step by step guides on how to do it. Im sure you could even find one of how to write a plan for a detailing business.

the other idea would be to go to a college or Uni. and hire a student to help. Alot of students will do it for a few hundred bucks. They help you go through the steps and look over it to find flaws.

I would suggest the book route. Perhaps business plans for dummies
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/gen...-thoughts.html

This was posted not long ago and it is valuable info if you are looking for a business plan.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

WOW you guys do know who posted that right? He is the probably one of the best if not the best detailer I have seen to date. He is the master of shine!

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek View Post
    WOW you guys do know who posted that right? He is the probably one of the best if not the best detailer I have seen to date. He is the master of shine!
    Yes, he is an awesome detailer, no doubt. Very professional and abides by the rules and regs. (which ALL detailers should) I see his work online a bit. Always a pleasure to see. I really enjoyed the thread about the buses.

OK, back on topic.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Having a solid, well researched business plan, especially for a service business like ours, adds a tremendous amout of clout to your biz. Banks, customers, employees, YOU, all have a lot more confidence in a company with planned goals, strategies, and projections.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the plans that I`ve seen, start with a summary statement or mission statement. It`s a description of what you do

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the SBA (Small Business Admin) website. They have some great info on starting business plans. A great book is the Biz Plan for Dummies.

Lumin De Lumine
    Post Thanks / Like

Of all the things I have to say about starting or running a detailing business, the most important thing is to look after your back. I had to stop detailing full time because I popped a disc a few years ago. I still suffer pain after a full day working. It pretty much rules out continuous daily detailing for me....

These days I only do it at weekends, so each day starts with back exercises.....!!

The moral of the story is that the best business plan is not worth squat if you`re in no condition to work!

Yours truly,
    Xilleration
    No one ever said on his death bed, `Gee, if I`d only spent more time at the office`.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya. It has definitely taken a toll on my back over the years. I only detail part-time now myself and my back thanks me for that.

Years ago I had a friend of mine who has a concrete business help me out because I was backed up with work. I`ve done the same for him when he was super busy.

Anyways, I asked him when he helped me which he thought was harder work and he laughed and said concrete work is harder. Well I`ve done both and I say detailing is harder. Of course when he helped me he did most of the easier parts of the job. You do use more muscle when you do concrete work but I think detailing is harder on your body, especially when your mobile, working on a black top or climbing around a boat or RV.

Lumin De Lumine
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we`re just getting old, Troy!!

I find detailing very tough on two body areas... the legs because of all the standing and squatting, but also the arms and shoulders from running a couple of passes of a rotary over a big car.

Its worth it though... I love the end result

and the look on the owners face

LOL!

All the best
    Xill.
    No one ever said on his death bed, `Gee, if I`d only spent more time at the office`.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats some good info... so basically get your life on track before you start up haha

Thread Information