Post Thanks / Like

polishing aluminum

Well guys here is the thing I have a shop that is making turbo pipe kits at a very affordable prices and hey are doing very well at it. Now they have come to me for advice on how to polish and make the polish last longer on the pipes. I know that the pipe going from the intercooller is no problem since it only feeds cool air the the turbine. But the other pipes deal with a allot of heat and they are also located at the bottom of the car. My qustion is what is the best procedure for this and what can be odne to make the finnishes last longer in those types of conditions. Also I usually polish small stufff with my dremell byut in case like this what would be the best tool and chemicals for this.

Thanx in advanced

JP
    There is allways room for improvement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: polishing aluminum

I would use PB propolish to clean them up... and his wheel sealent to protect them because it`s made to seal wheel and stand up to brake heat..

anything for surbarus??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpzapata
    Well guys here is the thing I have a shop that is making turbo pipe kits at a very affordable prices and hey are doing very well at it. Now they have come to me for advice on how to polish and make the polish last longer on the pipes. I know that the pipe going from the intercooller is no problem since it only feeds cool air the the turbine. But the other pipes deal with a allot of heat and they are also located at the bottom of the car. My qustion is what is the best procedure for this and what can be odne to make the finnishes last longer in those types of conditions. Also I usually polish small stufff with my dremell byut in case like this what would be the best tool and chemicals for this.

Thanx in advanced

JP
    You need to get heat on the metal to make it polish out....Zephyr Pro-40 is one that I like allot....Dwayne has it in his store....also check the Zephyr web site....for the tools that are needed to cut the metal to make shine, they have all the buffing wheels for this appliaction.....However what can make them stay skinny is a hard one especially when its on the bottom of the car.....I have nothing for you there maybe the Zephyr will have something......use the search feature someone just did a thread on aluminium polishing
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

will definately take a look and as soon as I have results I will have some pics. Also the question about the subarus. These kists are custom made n the shop so they can make one for allmost any car.
    There is allways room for improvement

Thread Information