Thread: Care Packages

Anything but Boring.... Fishpimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Care Packages

My customers are starting to inquire more and more about care packages. Such as products not services related to maintaining their vehicles. I was think about selling maybe wash bucket, multipurpose, wheel brush, microfiber towels, wool mitts and an assortment of diluted products in labeled container. for instance some Diluted wheel cleaner and Interior protectant.

I need Ideas so please chime in!!!

I need a new job
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Care Packages

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpimp
    My customers are starting to inquire more and more about care packages. Such as products not services related to maintaining their vehicles. I was think about selling maybe wash bucket, multipurpose, wheel brush, microfiber towels, wool mitts and an assortment of diluted products in labeled container. for instance some Diluted wheel cleaner and Interior protectant.

I need Ideas so please chime in!!!
    Wash bucket yes, wheel brush yes, microfiber yes. Anything you can buy directly over the counter and pass the manufacturers claims on along with the product I think you would be safe with. I personally wouldn`t sell any of my own dilutions to my customers. There is some liability involved there.
    2003 Mazda 6i Steel Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I would sell them a wash kit. Two buckets a good wash mitt and a first bottle of wash soap and a WW drying towel with instructions on the way to wash and maintain a mar free finish. Then may be a maintenance kit with a QD and Microfiber towels with instuctions on QD`ing and when to wash instead of QD`ing. Instructions should explain throughly how to do these things as best not to induce marring. You may want to lead them to let you do the problematic corrections and protection stuff and not lead them away from your service and make recommendations based on your observations of the finish when they do bring it in. Just some ideas that might make them car care aware and might just bring you more business as you are trying to help them maintain their pride and joy. I find that might make me respect
    the business more than them telling me just bring it me for everything.
    You may use the upper end supplies that you could make a little on and that they cannot find in stores so that you can help them with their choices and hear what they want from the products as far as preferences.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you guys...

Post Thanks / Like

I would go by the feeling you have about that cusotmer. If you think they`ll actually wash their car, then the mentioned combos would be fine. Otherwise, I`d supply them with a smal bottle of QD and a towel.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

I know Optimum sells a small car care kit that includes a mf, car shampoo, wax, tire shine, and dressing, all bundled in a clear plastic bag with a drawstring. I believe you can buy them wholesale, and I then sell them to my clients for $19.95. Your customers get some good products they can`t buy in stores, and you add a bit to your invoice total.

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My advice is to be careful on this one . Don`t give your clients too many
    supplies . You don`t want to have all you best customer become their own
    detailer and not call you for appointments.

Remember they see you as the expert. The one with the skills and know how
    to do the tough stuff. MAke a package with bucket , good was soap, a ww
    for drying , a good wash mitt .and maybe a tire dressing .

I don`t mind teaching my good friends how to detail their cars and all the good trade secrets but I don`t tell all my customers .

Or maybe you `re thinking of becoming a distributor then I say go for it ..

Good luck .
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiianelement
    My advice is to be careful on this one . Don`t give your clients too many
    supplies . You don`t want to have all you best customer become their own
    detailer and not call you for appointments.

Remember they see you as the expert. The one with the skills and know how
    to do the tough stuff. MAke a package with bucket , good was soap, a ww
    for drying , a good wash mitt .and maybe a tire dressing .

I don`t mind teaching my good friends how to detail their cars and all the good trade secrets but I don`t tell all my customers .

Or maybe you `re thinking of becoming a distributor then I say go for it ..

Good luck .

Well being an expert to me is passing on USABLE knowledge. We are all in a proffession where we basically get paid for what we know first and then what we do second. ONE of my major selling points is that my work will remain as long as the properly care for their vehicle.

Yeah they can become minor detailers but they will have to put in the time and commitment that we as detailers put in to this craft.

I think the bucket, soap, ww, etc would be perfect for what it is that I`m trying to acheive and that is to protect the QUALITY of my work. Care package... Oh and don`t be afraid to teach everyone because they will only retain 10% max and then they will see you as a bigger Asset/Expert. At all costs SELL YOUR CRAFT. SELL YOUR SERVICE. Believe me you will get more customers when they not only see you work but HEAR the passion in the work that you perform.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I started offering care packages and certain items yesterday. For the most part people were interested, however, I had this one customer who wanted to go out an try to find all of the things I was selling elsewhere and I told him he was free to do so but I was not going to call him when new stuff came in. He chuckled and bought the items from me.

Another idea i had was to offer one free car wash class with full details. Tell the customer to bring there stuff and lets go thru the process. I`m finding more and more that people have no idea of how to properly was a car or truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Another idea i had was to offer one free car wash class with full details. Tell the customer to bring there stuff and lets go thru the process. I`m finding more and more that people have no idea of how to properly was a car or truck.
    Although it`s sad to say, those are the people that make you money. Those are the people that come in when their paint is all swirled up. Now when you teach them how to do your job, or part of it on their own, your taking money out of your pocket. All on your time as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima Lover
    Although it`s sad to say, those are the people that make you money. Those are the people that come in when their paint is all swirled up. Now when you teach them how to do your job, or part of it on their own, your taking money out of your pocket. All on your time as well.
    Those are also the people who get you the most business! I`m busy because of my referrals, because of word of mouth. We discuss on this site how to generate business all the time but the truth of the matter is that word of mouth will grow any business for quicker than your own individual efforts. You can be good at anything even the best but if you cannot convince A NEW CLIENT to give you a shot then you my friend have failed. See I don`t just focus on the individual i focus on that person his friends, his family and so on and so forth. My business is built upon the reputations and Words of others not just my own. I don`t want to see my customers coming back every month or two like they do at other shops because i advertise a shine that takes you back to a day DAMN near close to the day you bought it.

You can wash, wash it again and it is going to shine like sunday morning! And you know what they tell their co-worker, friends and family and I don` t have to sell them on anything because it is at that point that they TRUST ME because of someone else....Besides Selling Add-on services and products is more money, more money , more money it is the best of both worlds...

Be adventurous grow. Grow some more. Then split up in two, double down and break the house!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are also the people who get you the most business! I`m busy because of my referrals, because of word of mouth. We discuss on this site how to generate business all the time but the truth of the matter is that word of mouth will grow any business for quicker than your own individual efforts. You can be good at anything even the best but if you cannot convince A NEW CLIENT to give you a shot then you my friend have failed. See I don`t just focus on the individual i focus on that person his friends, his family and so on and so forth. My business is built upon the reputations and Words of others not just my own. I don`t want to see my customers coming back every month or two like they do at other shops because i advertise a shine that takes you back to a day DAMN near close to the day you bought it.

You can wash, wash it again and it is going to shine like sunday morning! And you know what they tell their co-worker, friends and family and I don` t have to sell them on anything because it is at that point that they TRUST ME because of someone else....Besides Selling Add-on services and products is more money, more money , more money it is the best of both worlds...

Be adventurous grow. Grow some more. Then split up in two, double down and break the house!
    I didn`t think about that. Glad to see you have a plan and it`s working.

Thread Information