Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onr

Post Thanks / Like
    is using dawn to wash bad or not? does dawn just remove wax/sealant or does it harm the paint by drying it out?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using the button and for Dawn and select the Search Titles Only button.

You`ll get plenty of good threads:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Wont dry out paint. The only bad thing is that when you use an alkaline cleaner on the paint, you sould follow up with an acid based to balance everything out, so noone of the paint`s plasticisers are weakened. But using Dawn once a year is fine.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    don`t you think that`s a little , i`m sure he can find the button okay I was bored

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny STEVE!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use Dawn once or twice a year with no problems. Laters

Dawn will remove most waxes such as carnuba with very little effort. I`m a Zaino distributor and one of the best demos you can do is to wet down the hood of a vehicle that has Maquires or other carnuba waxes on it, then dry it and wash only half of the hood with Dawn. The will be no beading on the Dawned half and after drying, your hand will skid to a stop like it just hit the arresting hook on an aircraft carrier. The side not Dawned will still feel fairly smooth and slippery. I would not feel comfortable using Dawn more than once a year to get back to a fresh start before starting my waxing or polishing for the season. Dawn has a lot of uses. I once went to a smaller town to help my niece clean up her black Datsun 240Z. I asked her husband to go get me a bottle of Dawn. He asked me if we were going fishing. Seeing the puzzled look on my face, he explained that for years, they have been using a mixture of Dawn and water poured on the ground to bring nightcrawlers to the surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    240z huh, thats a pretty nice car you have there.

The 240Z is my niece`s car, I`m not even sure what year it is. It`s black with factory aluminum rims and black interior w/manual trans. Car has 60,000 miles on it. She is not really a car fanatic although she always wanted a neat car. She was in Maine (she lives in a small town about 50 miles south of Omaha, NE) visiting her brother and his family and she went with him to take his car in to get the oil changed at a friend`s shop. She spotted the Z and remarked to him that it was really cool. Two weeks later she was at home in Nebraska and a car transport pulled up to her house. Her brother had gone back and bought the car for her and shipped it to her. Really warmed my heart, as the two of them had a tough childhood and weren`t really close until they were both grown with families of their own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good story.

EOM

Post Thanks / Like

Onr

Got caught in a little rain in my classic car. It`s in the garage and I hate leavin` it wet like that. Is this a good time for ONR? I don`t want to get the garage floor any wetter, however; I don`t think I just want to use a quick detail spray or just wipe the car dry because it was a bit dusty before hand.
    Could I use ONR but just not wet the sponge so much so it`s not dripping off the car? Please reply asap as I want to go wipe it down tonight!
    Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t recommend using ONR just with a damp sponge on a dirty car, but You can definitely use ONR and bucket wash it in the garage!

Your floor will get wet, but your car will be clean. Use PLENTY of water and just watch the dirt roll off on the floor...

Then clean the garage floor when the sun comes back out!!!

:drool5::drool5::drool5:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Luster. The sponge would be more than damp but just not fully dripping wet. Is that still ok or you`re saying do it as if you were outside or don`t do it at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d give it the ONR rinseless wash. But get the buckets out. In the future you could use this... http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/sh...ght=opti+clean

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just wait until you can wash it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information