Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint Sealants

I want my metal OPTIMIZED
    Post Thanks / Like

Paint Sealants

I have been trying to find a good quality, long lasting paint sealant that offers a brilliant shine. I see all the usual brands popping up all the time but don`t see them offering top quality. I`ve tried klass but didn`t find it very user friendly, nor did it have a very good shine afterwards.

I ordered "Liquid Glass" and I found that product much easier to apply with a decent shine. From what I understand, paint sealant was first introduced for aircraft application in order to keep maintenance down to the outside while helping reduce friction. It is supposed to be a protective shield against the outside harsh environment.

Many of the automotive sealants don`t seem to live up to the quality of many aircraft sealants. After an extensive search I came across some of these names and wondering if anyone has either heard of these or have any experience with them:

FastWing
    Royal Shield RS-5
    Amazing Glaze
    Element 119

From what I have seen, it appears that Royal Shield RS-5 is widely used by many aircraft companies and trusted in the commercial vehicle industry. Their claim is that Royal Shield is the only paint sealant developed within the aerospace industry.

I am looking for something that I can offer my customers that has excellent credibility, long lasting quality with mirror like shine. Opinions are needed please.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint Sealants

Wolfgang 3.0 is my new sealant of choice. VERY high gloss and very easy on and off. Its a little higher than some of the others but I`ve found it to be worth the extra money. Poorboys EX-P is really good too.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with MrC the WG or PB Ex-P are great sealants...I tend to lean on the PB because of ease of use, quality of shine durability and cost. Steve gas been my go to for 10 years or close to
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Rejex, which was supposedly initially used mostly on airplanes. I`ve used it side by side w/ Menzerna FMJ, and did not see much difference in shine or longetivity between the two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrubs147 View Post
    ... a good quality, long lasting paint sealant that offers a brilliant shine....
    I`ve tried a lot of different waxes/sealants, and out of all of them the couple that fit that description are Zaino Z2 Pro, Collinite (wax), and Duragloss polish (the model # escapes me).

Out of what you have listed, I have only seen their marketing pages. I don`t recall seeing anyone use them on the detailing boards. I have used Liquid Glass, and while I think it is great for something off-the-shelf, I don`t think it lasts as long as the three I mentioned above. Regarding the product having credibility with customers - I don`t think most average car owners will have heard of any of the items listed in this thread outside of possibly Liquid Glass (only because they may have seen it at a parts store).
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried Rejex. Didn`t thrill me. However, on another board when I mentioned this I was told quite quickly that I didn`t have the best version. So, with that said, maybe there is a better/longer lasting one to try in the Rejex "professional" line or something. The "regular" one was underwhelming to me.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I`ve tried a lot of different waxes/sealants, and out of all of them the couple that fit that description are Zaino Z2 Pro, Collinite (wax), and Duragloss polish (the model # escapes me).

Out of what you have listed, I have only seen their marketing pages. I don`t recall seeing anyone use them on the detailing boards. I have used Liquid Glass, and while I think it is great for something off-the-shelf, I don`t think it lasts as long as the three I mentioned above. Regarding the product having credibility with customers - I don`t think most average car owners will have heard of any of the items listed in this thread outside of possibly Liquid Glass (only because they may have seen it at a parts store).
    I agree with Jared 100%

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 105, 111 and 501
    Fk 1000p
    Zaino Z2 and Z5
    All long lasting with a nice shine

Post Thanks / Like

detailers pride poli-seal.
    not out that long, but have two coats on my GMC. great shine and really lasting. has a light polish built in.

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-poli-coat-paint-sealant.html
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I apply Duragloss 105 once a year it is not as expensive as a lot of others, Has plenty of gloss and very durable.
    Since a commercial plane don`t have paint what works good on them may not be that great on a automobile.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

UPGP for me.

Post Thanks / Like

DP sealant..Or Poorboys EX or EX-P....All great choices
    I think the DP applies easier but the Poorboys lasts longer
    D-Trick Detailing
    Missed a spot!

Post Thanks / Like

If hypothetically, there was a product used on airplanes that absolutely blew away anything available for cars, it seems like a clever person would have started marketing the product for cars a long time ago. The automobile market has to be 100X (1000X?) the size of the airplane market.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    If hypothetically, there was a product used on airplanes that absolutely blew away anything available for cars, it seems like a clever person would have started marketing the product for cars a long time ago. The automobile market has to be 100X (1000X?) the size of the airplane market.
    I think the problem with this cross industry marketing is that for the most part, if a sealant lasts through hundreds of miles an hour speeds, freezing weather, goose splatter (instead of bug splatter), etc. chances are good that its strong suit is durability. Looks might not be so great. People are looking for "pretty" for their cars. There aren`t likely to be many gawkers way up in the sky noticing swirls/spider-webbing/marring/depth of shine.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information