Post Thanks / Like

Prob not many people from WV

My names TJ, im from Charleston, WV. Just joined the forum bc i have increased my consciousness of caring for my vehicles. Wife has a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD (metallic griggio). I recently purchased a 2011 Silverado LTZ Crew cab (white). Just here to learn and see some product reviews. Seems like a great site for that!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Plenty of great info in the "How To" sections. If it`s not there or cant find it there is plenty of help, just ask.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prob not many people from WV

Welcome to AF!!!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autopiaforums TJ, yes there are some great folks here from WV. Our Detailing Guide is a great place to start and then using the search button for more great information.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome TJ from all the flat landers at AF , we`re glad you`re here. i`ve got a brother who lives in Valley Head, West by God Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    welcome TJ from all the flat landers at AF , we`re glad you`re here. i`ve got a brother who lives in Valley Head, West by God Virginia.
    West by god, lmao , that is awesome, thanks for the warm welcome. Theres tons of high end detailing chemicals out there. Hoping to find some good info here. Ive been using lots of Chemical Guys stuff.

Prob not the right place to ask but ill try, done some searching and cant seem to find it. I have black 20" KMC XD wheels, just wondering if you use a different protectant on that sort of finish. I clicked on search, changed from posts to threads and typed wheels and literally nothing came up with threads started about wheels..... im confused!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silvy11 View Post
    West by god, lmao , that is awesome, thanks for the warm welcome. Theres tons of high end detailing chemicals out there. Hoping to find some good info here. Ive been using lots of Chemical Guys stuff.

Prob not the right place to ask but ill try, done some searching and cant seem to find it. I have black 20" KMC XD wheels, just wondering if you use a different protectant on that sort of finish. I clicked on search, changed from posts to threads and typed wheels and literally nothing came up with threads started about wheels..... im confused!
    i just started a new thread for your question because i don`t know the answer. those wheels are a mat black finish if i`m not mistaken aren`t they?
    at any rate, you can find the new thread under new posts at the top of this page.

Post Thanks / Like

My names TJ, im from Charleston, WV. Just joined the forum bc i have increased my consciousness of caring for my vehicles. Wife has a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD (metallic griggio). I recently purchased a 2011 Silverado LTZ Crew cab (white). Just here to learn and see some product reviews. Seems like a great site for that!
    Welcome to AutopiaForums! This is a great place to learn so you are in good company!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i just started a new thread for your question because i don`t know the answer. those wheels are a mat black finish if i`m not mistaken aren`t they?
    at any rate, you can find the new thread under new posts at the top of this page.
    heading over to that thread to answer. :bigups

Post Thanks / Like

Welllll..... I am in WV right now. Been here for 2 years. I am also in Charleston (well Dunbar) moving to Charleston soon.

Post Thanks / Like

My choice would be OC (Opti-Coat).

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I know that Chad (Rasky) has used OC on matte wheels with great success. I feel that OC is the best protection for wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Hurricane

Post Thanks / Like
    Theres tons of high end detailing chemicals out there. Hoping to find some good info here. Ive been using lots of Chemical Guys stuff.
    Anything specific you are looking to try?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Anything specific you are looking to try?

Yea, im looking to try some Blackfire products as well as some Optimum. Read some good things about both. Have been using Chemical guys products for the past few months. Had good results with the Hybrid 07. My trucks only 8 months old and im looking for a good polish/glaze/wax product. Or an All in one i guess. I have mainly swirl marks and a couple dings and scratches but for the most part i dont think i need much more than a fine polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, im looking to try some Blackfire products as well as some Optimum. Read some good things about both. Have been using Chemical guys products for the past few months. Had good results with the Hybrid 07. My trucks only 8 months old and im looking for a good polish/glaze/wax product. Or an All in one i guess. I have mainly swirl marks and a couple dings and scratches but for the most part i dont think i need much more than a fine polish.
    I`m booked up for the next 3 weeks, so if you can wait until the week of July 16th you are welcome to come over and try a few products. Just shoot me a pm if you`re interested.

Thread Information