Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently replaced my factory wheels and noticed that the tires appeared to be bubbling around the sides. Almost, as if the rubber was seperating in layers. The tires had been exclusively detailed with the high endurance product and leads me to believe that it is the cause of the tires to be deteriorating.

I have decided I am not going to be using it on the new tires and since I already have 303 protectant, is it a good product for tires?? or is there other products that are much better suited for keeping the tires looking good and protecting them as well.

`99 VW GTI VR6(Ginster Yellow)

Post Thanks / Like
    I really hate Mequiars Endurance gels because they "throw" protectant all over the car. But I have never seen or heard of damage. I have had silicone damage of my own from other brands, though.

My favorite tire/rubber dressing is by Zaino. Long lasting and the right sheen for me. 303 is also excellent, my favorite for all interior trim due to the satin finish, but it doesn`t last long on tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    but I`ve never had an Mequiars Gel spray onto the car. And my car is black so I would definetly notice it. Been using it for over a year now and I find that it is excellent and gives me the shine that I`m looking for. And it DOES last for weeks and not days as the packaging states!

I did however try the Eagle 1 Tire spray this weekend. (A friend insisted that I try it to see the diff between it and the Mequiars.) Guess what? IT sprayed `guck` all over my car!! The sides and fenders were covered with the stuff. Even got some on the trunk! Was it dry? I suppose so. The car sat outdoors for at least a couple of hours while we washed and detailed his.

I`ll stick to my Mequiars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Endurance contains petroleum distilates to clean i beleive so dont use it. I found that it also was quite gooey so while it lasted long, it atracted lots of dust.

What is the point to a tire dressing to last for weeks? You don`t wash your wheels/tires for weeks?

Endurance is a messy, disgusting glop. Eimann Fabrik Black Opal on your tires. Spray it on fir a high sheen, wipe it on with a sponge for a more subdued glow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do wash my tires when I was my car. And no I don`t wash it every 3 weeks! I find that the Gel stays on and keeps the tires blacker even after I`ve washed. I`ll apply the Gel maybe once every second wash.

I`m back to my old story: most of the stuff that`s available in the US is not here in Canada and the cost of shipping. duties and brokerage fees add up making it very expensive to even want to try most of the other dressing you (across the border) can try. The Mequiars Gel is the best that I can buy off the shelf up here.

The Eiman Fabrik sounds terrific. Sorry. Not available in Canada.

I would be glad to try any other dressing that I can get my hands on and that is available at say Wal-mart or an autoparts store so I can avoid the extra charges. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    well, I also have used endurance for couple years now, and the tire gel seemed never splat any residue in my case..

it seems worked very fine and never had any problem with it..that may be just my experience...

JohnF, not that I don`t believe you, but for me, I spray Eimann Fabrik Hi-Intensity on my wheels and tires every week when I wash my car, and scrub the tires with the OXO Tire Brush and the wheels with the OXO wheel brush. I can`t imagine a tire dressing lasting through that.

Post Thanks / Like

As a former Canadian who is now living in California, if you ever want stuff shipped to you, let me know. I have an online business and ship stuff back and forth to Canada all the time. I don`t know why US retailers refuse to ship stuff to us Canadians anyways. Who knows, eh? The way to get around stupid brokerage fees is to not ship with UPS or FedEx. Anytime it goes through customs, you`ll be nailed with at least a $25 brokerage fee.

I always use USPS Global Priority mail...it gets there within 5 days and there`s no need for brokerage charges.

I remember when living in Edmonton and Montreal, Meguiar`s professional line of products always cost an arm and a leg. I mean, I was paying $25 for a tin of Meguiar`s #26 hi-tech yellow wax, $22 for a bottle of #40 Vinyl and rubber protectant...etc...which is just absurd! So, once again, if you ever want stuff shipped to you, let me know.

Huy

huydvu@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Why am I sold on the Mequiars? I initially had the stock Michelins tires on my VW and used to use a spray-on foam for dressing. I think it was called `No Touch` (got it at Costco). A couple of days later the stuff wore off and the tires slowly turned brown. No matter how much I scrubed the tires stayed brown. This was within 10 months after I bought the car new.

Soon after that I got a set of Dunlop sp5000 225/50/16`s to go with the new wheels I also bought. I surely wasn`t going to use that stuff any longer so I came across the Mequiars Gel and tried it. The tires are still black (very black). I scrub them with watered down Simple Green to clean the tires and rims. 15 months later and they still look great. ( I used the SG on the Michelins too).

Tires not brown. Still shiny and black. Stuff lasts for days. Doesn`t spray off. Sold.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets address the question, you`re talking about the tires bubbling around the edges? Whatever the cause is it needs to be checked because this problem sounds like it could blow your tire. It would take a pretty strong chemical to eat a tire that quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars is kind of sticky and Black Opal is very Oily.

Solution: Griots Tire dressing or Zymol Tyre. You can even walk near your tires with out any fear of getting it on your pants. Try that with the other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too use the Endurance product because of its easy availability in Canada.

I find it is best to use a cheap sponge to apply, and apply VERY THINLY. Then allow at least a couple hours drying time.

Over the next few weeks the tires take on a much better look, black and smooth and shiny.

Very thin applications as needed is key with this particular product IMO. No spray-off on my paint either, most likely because of the thin coats.

If you put some gel on and immediately hop in your car for a 100 mph cruise with your buddies, you`re asking for trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    and ABSOLUTELY does not last any longer than any other stuff out there. I wash my car after application and the stuff washes right off! Does not form a bond at all. Now I am figuring out what to do with this crap. I mean, it looks

good for all of 10 minute before it starts to attract dust for miles. Kinda pissed I bought it for ten bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the stuff, but since its so goey, it won`t go into tires with deep ridges. I use vinylex for that.

I only used endurance exclusively on the BMW 323Ci I detail since it was delivered during May of 200, which means that Meguiard Endurance (both hi-gloss and regular) has been used the car`s tires for over a year.

I have my own way of applying the stuff though. During the last detail of that BMW, I applied the Endurance after the Klasse AIO, and allow it to sit on the tire for 1 1/2 hours, which is after about 2 coats of Klasse SG. I then buff the tires with a rag with heavy pressure. I apply another coats of Sg and remove it. I then buff the tires again with the rag.

The Meguiars endurance will last weeks, but the shine will go down, and the tires stay black...thats if the car is garaged all the time, and driven at the most once a week.

Before I moved the BMW used to live closer to me so I could maintain it more often, like once a month, the tires did in fact stay black, but not as shiny as when it was applied. The dust attraction was minimal. Now since I moved...I only see the car about twice a year.

so theres my experience with Endurance.

btw. the tires are the ones that come in the sport package, 17 inch and I remember it being called something like Turanza or something, really expensive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information