Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

House Swap/vacation Lol

Ok I was thinking that vacationing is expensive but if we swapped houses for a week all we need to pay for is the flight or gas. I would like to swap with Dave "Beemerboy" and spend another week in Sonoma.
    I have a nice brick ranch on a dead end street in Kenosha Wi. An hour out to the north is milwauke and an hour to the south is Chicago. Kenosha is not a big City like the other two.
    Ok there you have it my idea on a boring sunday morning wishing I was some place else so what do you all think? Car is in the garage ready for you..lol

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: House Swap/vacation Lol

If I were to ever house swap, the car would definitely be off limits. I might even go as far as to locking it up in a storage facility. I don`t think I have much to worry about though. Arkansas isn`t really a vacation spot at all.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen22 View Post
    Ok I was thinking that vacationing is expensive but if we swapped houses for a week all we need to pay for is the flight or gas. I would like to swap with Dave "Beemerboy" and spend another week in Sonoma.
    I have a nice brick ranch on a dead end street in Kenosha Wi. An hour out to the north is milwauke and an hour to the south is Chicago. Kenosha is not a big City like the other two.
    Ok there you have it my idea on a boring sunday morning wishing I was some place else so what do you all think? Car is in the garage ready for you..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by audiboy View Post
    If I were to ever house swap, the car would definitely be off limits. I might even go as far as to locking it up in a storage facility. I don`t think I have much to worry about though. Arkansas isn`t really a vacation spot at all.

No offense...but, I never really thought of vacationing in either of these places
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`d give quite a bit to be in Chicago right now. It`s my third favorite city that I`ve ever been to. The first is Rio de Janero followed closely by Dubai.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy View Post
    I`d give quite a bit to be in Chicago right now. It`s my third favorite city that I`ve ever been to. The first is Rio de Janero followed closely by Dubai.
    i think I`d be trading with Troy and going to Sarasota before Chicago

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    No offense...but, I never really thought of vacationing in either of these places
    I lived in Chicago for 35 years and can tell you you should reconsider. The city is located on Lake Michigan with some very nice beaches and world class salmon and trout fishing. Some of the best museums in the world are located there as well. The Field Museum, Museum Of Science and Industry and the Art Institute. You can always go to the top of the Sears tower or check out the trading at the CBOT. If you like baseball take in a game at Wrigley Field, one of the oldest parks. There are also some very nice ethnic areas such as Greektown on Halsted St. and Little Italy on Taylor Street. Both have great places to eat. If you like Blues music, check out Buddy Guys or Kingston Mines. For the kids their is Great America located between Milwaukee and Chicago. There are a lot of things to do in Chicago, just make sure you go in the summer as the winter is way to cold. That is why I moved to So.Cal.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think I`d be trading with Troy and going to Sarasota before Chicago
    Hmmm. You might want to wait till after hurricane season. Weather is still pretty hot and rainy right now.

Sheila is from Wisconsin so we might be interested. My sister lives in South Beloit, are you close to Beloit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen22 View Post
    This sounds like an interesting idea...the car thing should be a rental but the house swap is a great idea...I know some of the winery owners here do this, with real good customers of theirs...The guy that owns Silver Oak winery trades with a guy in Hawaii once a year....lets table this for the spring and see if its worth looking at...I will google your area
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    Hmmm. You might want to wait till after hurricane season. Weather is still pretty hot and rainy right now.
    ok we`ll wait for Christmas vacation and you can come up here and freeze and we`ll hit the beaches

ps will you be detailing the cars and trucks while you`re here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave40co View Post
    I lived in Chicago for 35 years and can tell you you should reconsider. The city is located on Lake Michigan with some very nice beaches and world class salmon and trout fishing. Some of the best museums in the world are located there as well. The Field Museum, Museum Of Science and Industry and the Art Institute. You can always go to the top of the Sears tower or check out the trading at the CBOT. If you like baseball take in a game at Wrigley Field, one of the oldest parks. There are also some very nice ethnic areas such as Greektown on Halsted St. and Little Italy on Taylor Street. Both have great places to eat. If you like Blues music, check out Buddy Guys or Kingston Mines. For the kids their is Great America located between Milwaukee and Chicago. There are a lot of things to do in Chicago, just make sure you go in the summer as the winter is way to cold. That is why I moved to So.Cal.
    we have all that stuff in NY plus more ...but So Cal is a good place...lived there and winters are nice

Post Thanks / Like

we have all that stuff in NY plus more ...but So Cal is a good place...lived there and winters are nice
    But Chicago has better pizza! LOL!

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ok we`ll wait for Christmas vacation and you can come up here and freeze and we`ll hit the beaches

ps will you be detailing the cars and trucks while you`re here?
    I was considering taking glen22`s offer. I know better than to swap houses with you.

You might accidentally leave your kids at your house for us to take care of too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave40co View Post
    But Chicago has better pizza! LOL!
    I don`t think so

I was considering taking glen22`s offer. I know better than to swap houses with you.

You might accidentally leave your kids at your house for us to take care of too.

oh you mean kids weren`t included in this deal

then the deal`s off

Post Thanks / Like

Sheila is from Wisconsin so we might be interested. My sister lives in South Beloit, are you close to Beloit?
    Beloit is about 30-45-min. away

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so the cars are off limits.... Chicago has pretty much everything but if you like pizza check this out...
    OVEN.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    MEPIZZA.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    I have a pizza oven in my back yard...lol
    frontofhouse.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information