Thread: MF Towels

Post Thanks / Like

MF Towels

I`m new to the microfibre towels and have bought 2 packs which have 3 mf towels in them. They are 12x12 and each has its own colour (white, yellow and blue). My question is, how many mf towels do you pros use per car? Can they be used for general purpose detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Towels

In general I use 1-2 towels per step. When I clay, 2-3 step polish and sealant/wax I`ll go through 5-10 towels and thats just for paint dedicated towels. I`ll also go through 2 on windows and another for door jambs, 2 drying (Waffle Weave towels), leather, etc. I`m no pro but I have 50-60 dedicated paint towels and just as many towels for windows and jambs, etc.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    In general I use 1-2 towels per step. When I clay, 2-3 step polish and sealant/wax I`ll go through 5-10 towels and thats just for paint dedicated towels. I`ll also go through 2 on windows and another for door jambs, 2 drying (Waffle Weave towels), leather, etc. I`m no pro but I have 50-60 dedicated paint towels and just as many towels for windows and jambs, etc.
    Yeah that is about the same thing for me although i do tend to use more towels than probably needed for each step but i figure it is easier to wash them than risk damage to the paint.I use 2-3 towels for windows, When i am QD`ing is usually use about 3-4 on the Mustang and 6-8 on the Truck.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCharlie
    I`m new to the microfibre towels and have bought 2 packs which have 3 mf towels in them. They are 12x12 and each has its own colour (white, yellow and blue). My question is, how many mf towels do you pros use per car? Can they be used for general purpose detailing?
    If you are new to MF towels a word of caution not all MF Towels are created equal. The cheaper ones very in quality some are not bad but some will scratch the paint.12x12 sounds like towels from a discount store test them before you start wiping them over your car.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a nice thick towel for QD also get decent towel for wax/sealant removal there are a few cheapy all purpuse towels for the grunge work .Go through the sponsors sites read a few of there reveiws on towels, and if your not sure call the 800 number and they would be glad to offer you some assistance. Steve (AKA PB`s ) Dwayne or AG carry many Towels give them a shout plus Dwayne gives an automatic 10% dis..

Thread Information