Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BigFoot goes NANO: The next REVOLUTION in polishing and detailing - The BigFoot Nano w iBrid Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    The nano has a rotary mode... So that somewhat addresses your need - however it won`t run extensions. It has an advantage in terms of low profile reach though.
    Any updates? Q1 2016 is right around the corner and I don`t know how much longer I can wait for this!!

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BigFoot goes NANO: The next REVOLUTION in polishing and detailing - The BigFoot Nano w iBrid Technology

So if the nano is a rotary and a da, is it impractical to hope for a new larger version also so that with 2 tools you cover everything? Or does that add toouch weight to the larger machines?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    Any updates? Q1 2016 is right around the corner and I don`t know how much longer I can wait for this!!

- Patrick
    HAHA! The Nano is estimated for US availability in March 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    So if the nano is a rotary and a da, is it impractical to hope for a new larger version also so that with 2 tools you cover everything? Or does that add toouch weight to the larger machines?
    We`ve got some very talented and creative engineers, and a very extensive list of resources to make things happen - I`d never rule anything out.
    Likes jsou, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I attended Mobile Tech Expo, and was in one the classes Todd & Jason held on the tool. Once the Expo portion of the event opened on Friday, I could not wait to head to the Rupes booth to try it out! What a nice tool - well balanced, smooth running, and the air tool type trigger was comfortable to use (that type trigger was new to me). Quite a lot included in the kit too.
    I only tried it with one of the DA heads, but it was very comfortable to use, and the angle of the head made keeping contact to the surface easier.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I attended Mobile Tech Expo, and was in one the classes Todd & Jason held on the tool. Once the Expo portion of the event opened on Friday, I could not wait to head to the Rupes booth to try it out! What a nice tool - well balanced, smooth running, and the air tool type trigger was comfortable to use (that type trigger was new to me). Quite a lot included in the kit too.
    I only tried it with one of the DA heads, but it was very comfortable to use, and the angle of the head made keeping contact to the surface easier.
    nice..that money is burning a hole in my bank account as we speak

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    I thought there already was a machine that was switchable between rotary and DA operation?

I believe it has an 8mm stroke, though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I thought there already was a machine that was switchable between rotary and DA operation?

Makita has one that switches between free spinning and forced rotation.. That`s the only one I know of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Makita has one that switches between free spinning and forced rotation.. That`s the only one I know of.
    Festool does the same
    Theirs also a backing plate made by dynabrade you can buy thats selectable to D/A forced D/A and offset rotary mode

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a post on AGO about Nano pre-orders coming around soon. Is Autopia going to get their pre-orders around the same time? I couldn`t come to DF so I missed the good opportunity

Post Thanks / Like

Hope so....
    I have yet to see a staff member address any of the rupes nano threads related to arrival/pre order (im working OT for that bad boy as we speak)

Brandt K.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Hope so....
    I have yet to see a staff member address any of the rupes nano threads related to arrival/pre order (im working OT for that bad boy as we speak)
    They`ll be available before noon today on here in case you didn`t see the chatbox

Post Thanks / Like

It`s up and ready for pre sale. Now I can use my points and my gift certificates. Shoulda bought more...

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any sanding discs that`ll work with the nano?
    Likes aceone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    Are there any sanding discs that`ll work with the nano?
    The kit comes with a few sanding rosettes. I see that Buffdaddy sells on some for the Rupes LD30, but not sure if they would fit the Nano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    Festool does the same
    Theirs also a backing plate made by dynabrade you can buy thats selectable to D/A forced D/A and offset rotary mode
    But can they spin a 1.5" pad?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information