Post Thanks / Like
    I`m half asleep, so this is probably full of errors. Just wanted to get things figured out.

Clean and smooth - $50

Wash + Clay bar

Clean and protected - $75 +

Wash + clay + sealant + wax

Beautiful Exterior - $140 +

Wash + clay + scratch removal, swirl removal, glaze, sealant, and wax. Clean and wax wheels, dressing applied to tires and rubber/plastic trim. All chrome and metal is polished and protected.

Clean Interior - $30

Vacuum, clean upholstery, protection/dressing. Includes trunk

Beautiful Interior - $50 +

Vacuum, clean upholstery, protection/dressing, shampoo carpets, remove stains off carpet and upholstery.

Engine Cleaning - $40

Wash engine bay, grease removal

Beautiful Engine - $75 +

Wash, degrease, wax painted surfaces, polish metal, rubber and plastic dressing/protectant

Paint Repair - $65 +

Remove oxidation, swirl marks, holograms, scratches, and paint transfers

Wet sanding - $200+

Paint wet sanded to remove orange peel effect. Then buffed, polished, and waxed.

Full Detail - $150 +

Full exterior, interior, and engine detail.

Show car package - $200+

Includes full exterior and interior detail, as well as a full engine bay detail.

Trucks, SUV`s, and other oversized vehicles will be subject to higher fees.

Some scratches, chips, and other instances of complete paint removal (Past color coat) are beyond my scope. Consult a body shop.

I`m going to be practicing on a few friends cars for free to time myself and get a feel for how much work is involved in everything so I can fine tune my prices. I`d like to end up with $35 an hour, so I`ll see what happens.
    danosdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good, but in my opinion, that`s wayyyyy too many options. Are you just using this as a chart for yourself? Or are you presenting this to customers? If the latter, I would seriously think twice. Anyone who isn`t into detailing is going to be blown away by all of these options.

I have three that I market - Wash & Vac, Quick Detail, and Full Detail. Thinking of dropping the middle one all together, as it just causes conflict and confusion between that and a full detail.

I`d probably drop the Wash + Clay thing, because after claying, the vehicle will probably need waxed anyway.

Keep in mind also that 99% of people will think "Clay bar? Huh? What in the world is this guy talking about?". I prefer to use terms like "Paint Contaminants Removed" or something.

Also keep in mind how disgusting interiors can be, and they usually take me just as long as the exterior, if not longer, on the average soccer mom`s SUV. Since you said you`re going for price per hour, I`d drop the price of the engine detail a little bit, and definitely up interior price a bit.

The full detail also confuses me a bit, and is definitely going to confuse the average person. A "beautiful exterior" detail is 140, but a full detail (exterior, interior, and engine) is only $10 more?

Wet sanding to remove OP for the average person is a touchy subject, especially if you don`t have small business insurance. I`d probably avoid it all together.

As far as the show car package goes, are you just using that as a marketing name, or are you actually targeting classics and the like that are to be used in a show? If so, definitely keep in mind how long a show car detail takes (every single spot of the car must be nothing less than PERFECT), and that many places charge $800+ for a show car detail.

This is just being picky, but the last line looks kind of cold to me, and like you don`t really want their business. Remember, you`ve got to sell yourself, that`s what it`s all about. I would change it to sound a little more friendly / cheery, and like you really want to get to be the person that details their car. I`d go with something like:

"Please keep in mind that even though a professional detail can do a great job at removing minor scratchs and paint defects, some problems can only be fixed via a qualified body shop`s painting techniques. These problems include rock chips, deep scratchs that penetrate the clear coat, and severely worn paint. Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you!"

Lastly, I`d throw in something along the lines of "All prices are to be taken as ballpark figures only, some vehicles may take longer and as such could end up costing more. Call for a free in person quote today!" or something like that. You don`t want someone to bring in a totally trashed car that`ll take a week of work to fix, and you`ll be stuck doing it for $150. And trust me, those cars do exist.

Sorry if I`m too picky, but just pointing out the changes that I would make if it were me. Good luck out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good write up Sloth :xyxthumbs

Only comment I might change is...You must have insurance.

We do things a little different from the rest in that the first detailing is 250.00 (but vehicle must still be seen and approved) After that it is all dependent on the maintance needed to keep it at the first level detail.
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    Before you try to decide on what price to charge for your services, you’ll want to have a better understanding of how your customers will measure the value of your service.

For example; when you provide your services at the customers’ location, you provide a value by saving them time. Time that would have been wasted if they had to take their car to a detail shop. You allow them the freedom to go about their daily routine at their own home or office. You are providing a convenient, valuable, time saving service. And you can be assured that potential customers are out there who are willing to pay a premium for that kind of service.

When your customers measure value, they’re looking at the entire experience. Of course they want a good quality job, but they’re also interested in other things such as; ease of making an appointment, whether or not the job is started `on-time` and finish `on-time`, friendly yet professional explanation of services, etc. These are all factor that play a part in how a customer will measure the value of your service and the price they are willing to pay.

In most cases, a good customer is one that is interested in a high level of quality, not necessarily a low price. One that will understand the value of your service. Maintain a high level of quality and you’ll be able to charge a profitable price for your services. Lower your prices and you’ll begin to lower your standards.

Always provide your customers with a level of quality that they will not normally get from other detailing businesses. This is the key. Give your customers the type of service that they just cannot get anywhere else.

When it comes to pricing, I would say that the majority of your consideration should be focused on what you think it will take to own and operate a successful and profitable detailing business. It`s really not about what other people think you should charge for your services.

When it comes to detailing, it’s not about price. It’s more about offering a high-quality service.

Thread Information