Reflection Perfection Reflctn Perfctn's Avatar
    Putnam, Dutchess, Westchester, Fairfield countys NY and CT
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do yuo mobile guys do to keep your water tanks and equipment from freezing in winter months????? This will be my first winter in business and i was thinking of transfering my water tanka dn pressure washer from my trailer to the inside of my bed of my truck and installing aheater in the back and turning it on like 3 hours prior to going to the location where i am goin to work! I am just worried about fire safety.
    Reflection Perfection, Mobil Car Wash & Detailing....Serving Westchester, Dutchess, Putnam and Fairfield countys, NY and CT.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea ^^^^^ what he said........lol i just relocated from ft laud florida to south central tennessee, and am curious also.

i once made a post about where to get a "water heater" for 100 gal tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflctn Perfctn
    What do yuo mobile guys do to keep your water tanks and equipment from freezing in winter months????? This will be my first winter in business and i was thinking of transfering my water tanka dn pressure washer from my trailer to the inside of my bed of my truck and installing aheater in the back and turning it on like 3 hours prior to going to the location where i am goin to work! I am just worried about fire safety.

We worked a lot in very cold weather last winter (Washington DC area). It takes 65 gallons of water a long time to freeze, just empty it out at the end of the day and you should be alright. We`d also fill the tank up with warm water sometimes, but that was more for our own comfort.

Its very very difficult to detail when the temperature is approaching or below freezing so I would re-schedule on those days other wise you will have to deal with water freezing onto the vehicle.

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by APerfectShine
    We worked a lot in very cold weather last winter (Washington DC area). It takes 65 gallons of water a long time to freeze, just empty it out at the end of the day and you should be alright. We`d also fill the tank up with warm water sometimes, but that was more for our own comfort.

Its very very difficult to detail when the temperature is approaching or below freezing so I would re-schedule on those days other wise you will have to deal with water freezing onto the vehicle.

-Chris

I`ve had that problem, its not fun...
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaStevo
    I`ve had that problem, its not fun...

Same Here!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Thread Information