Post Thanks / Like

when it comes to coatings..

are you guys certified by the manufacturer and using their "prograde" coatings that you can only get once certified? I know this is the case for gtechniq at least. I`m really just learning about coatings, but as far as I`m concerned why opt for the pro grade, 5 year coating, when the regular one last 2+ and is less money. they all apply pretty much the same from what I`m gathering. if I were the customer and you told me I was going to have water beading, protection, and slickness for the next 2 years I really think that is all I need to hear to be happy.

what are your guys` thoughts? and again, are you offering pro level coatings or just the normal ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: when it comes to coatings..

I`ve considered becoming certified with a specific brands pro coating but they told me I had to have a studio.

One other company has asked me if I was interested in becoming certified for their pro coatings, but I honestly have a hard time selling any coating and I still have yet to succcessfully sell my csl+exo package so I don`t see how I could sell anything thet would cost more if I was "certified".

Perhaps the "certification" provides the instant validity and creditibility that I need, but I doubt so.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the certified helps with marketing, plain and simple. For Modesta , Gyeon, and Kamakaze Enrei, we were required to show work and provide references. For some that have recruited us it was as simple as a buy in and selling a certain amount of product. We sell a ton of Kamakaze myabi because it can be offered affodably. Also the certification may provide you with a protected area so you will be the only one with that product. It all comes down to your reputation, not being certified.

Post Thanks / Like

As Mike pointed out, the certification for most is more about ensuring the installer has the knowledge, experience, and training to properly prep the surface and apply the coating. This is the case with "most" coating companies, though some will hand out certifications like library cards. In fact, I was just recently informed of someone not too far from me getting approved for a "Pro Only" coating when they had never done a paint correction in their life, but hey, they paid the money to attend the companies quick training class and now they are a "Certified" Installer. I`ve been an Optimum installer in the past and have also been with CQuartz Finest since the beginning. I like Finest because Corey actually puts some time into ensuring his installers are up to snuff and less then 1% of those who apply actually get approved.

There are some differences in the pro coatings though but many of the consumer ones are getting very good now too.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

interesting thoughts on both ends. Seems like without the rep, a certification isn`t going to do any good, but with the good rep, the certification me be what you need to push a customer over the edge and opting for the better pro level coating. i`ll definitely keep this in mind as I build my business.

Post Thanks / Like

My only advice is don`t choose one with a buy in.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    My only advice is don`t choose one with a buy in.
    But then I would get a really nice
    "Authorized"
    Wall plaque.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    But then I would get a really nice
    "Authorized"
    Wall plaque.......
    I`d be happy with a politically correct `Participation Trophy` so my feelings aren`t hurt because I don`t have access to the Pro products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I`d be happy with a politically correct `Participation Trophy` so my feelings aren`t hurt because I don`t have access to the Pro products.
    ::::: bowing :::::
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information