Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dupray Carmen Steam Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Do you heat it with the vinegar and run it thru the hose?
    I never did that but would like to.
    Do you follow the instructions for suggested vinegar solution?
    Hi, Shawn !
    I followed the instructions in the book for the VX5000 - 2 cups distilled white vinegar and 2 quarts water into the tank, let it sit in there 24 hours, drain it and run some clean water through the tank with the bottom tank plug removed, to flush it out...

There is always a little white vinegar left over that comes out the nozzle when you fill it with water, heat and use it, so I always run some hot water out before I start the next job...

And I only used distilled water that costs less than $1/gallon at the grocery store..
    Dan F
    Likes AtoZDetailing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just to chime in, nothing besides clean steam would/should ever come out of the nozzle. Calcium that may be in the water is left behind in the tank. The steamer effectively distills the water through normal operation. Distilled water is just water that was heated to steam, leaving all impurities behind and recapturing the steam in another container
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AtoZDetailing View Post
    So it sounds like I may have bleached out the pigment of the plastic... The thing is, I used the triangle tool with a towel around it and didn`t sit on one spot. I was actually moving the tool around fairly quickly.
    Even with the triangular attachment and a towel, the heat can simply be too much for some plastics. Not like they were anticipating the use of a steamer.

Wonder if it`ll keep looking OK.. interesting that the 1Z CP helped, on the pieces I damaged the pigment was just *gone*, white showing through forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and have never been much to join in forums, so if I do something not allowed, please tell me. The reason I joined is because I am in the fourth stage of COPD and I am looking for a steamer that will kill bacteria and clean without having to breathe any chemicals. I ordered a Carmen Super Inox and I loved the way it cleaned, but I was too weak to hold the steamer up to do my mirrors and walls. The only thing I managed to clean was my 10 x 12 rug and it made it look new. It was dry almost immediately and still looks brand new. God what I would give if I was able to use all the attachments on the Carmen Super Inox so I could have kept it to clean walls, ceilings, mirrors, fridge, etc. It was soooooooo worth the money if I had been able to hold it up.
    I am trying to find out which vapor steam cleaner can compare to the cleaning power of the Carmen Super Inox 2220v and not be so heavy. The hose is just too heavy on the Carmen. I need something that will steam hot enough that it will dry without me having to wipe it as I have no strength to do that. I need something that I can just bring the steamer down and clean the mirrors and not have to wipe them dry. I have some tall floor to ceiling mirrors that I used to clean by myself with just alcohol, but now I do not have the strength to rub nor climb up on a ladder. So...I need something extra hot like the Carmen 220v, and light enough that I can hold it up on the mirror and clean mirrors, ceilings, and my walls.
    Is what I need possible? I know being so weak makes it hard to find a steamer I can use but cleaning with chemicals is killing me. I have already been on life support twice because of odors of chemicals.
    Your advice is greatly appreciated. I hate to buy another and have to send it back because shipping cost a lot to send back. I was not charged a restocking fee but still lost right at $500 because of special wiring, plus shipping and insurance cost to return it. I sure could use that $500 I lost on that steamer. I am not knocking the steamer; it is fantastic for anyone with strength to use it. As I said, I am very weak. I can barely lift my vacuum cleaner hose so I need something light, but do not want it if it is not hot enough to clean good and suction up the left over moisture. What I want may not be possible considering my specs, but I figured if anyone would know, it would be someone on the forum.
    Thanks,
    Raven2017

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on distilled water...
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information