Post Thanks / Like

"Wash and Wax" Package

This year I am going to be offering a "wash and wax" service to gain more customers with a quick/inexpensive detail that I can do in 4-6 hours. I am starting the price at $100 for SUVs/large trucks and $85 for cars/small trucks. Maybe a tad high, but I have found out the hard way that it is much easier to lower a price then raise it. Here is what I am including in this package:

1) Exterior hand wash with premium soap, 2 bucket method, and hand dried
    2) Thorough wheel cleaning
    3) Door jambs wiped down
    4) Premium wax applied to entire vehicles finish

5) Exterior & Interior glass cleaned
    6) Tires cleaned and dressed
    7) Standard vacuum of mats, seats, carpet, and trunk/hatch
    8) All interior cabin hard surfaces wiped down (dash, interior trim, door panels, vents etc.)

I was originally planning on applying a liquid wax (most likely Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Optimum Poli-Seal, or Pinnacle XMT 360) with my Flex 3401. Now I realize that the Poli-Seal and XMT 360 are a little more then just a wax, but I feel like I should be giving the customer the most for their dollar (this is only my 2nd year detailing as a business so still trying to gain my customer base).

Then I watched a video of Renny Doyle talking about the aerosol wax/sealants that are out today and how they can be a very profitable tool for detailers due to their low cost and super easy/fast application. I started looking into some spray waxes and aerosol sealants (Optimum Spray Wax, Megs D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, Duragloss Aquawax, DP Quick Wax, and Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax) and I definitely feel like they would help me add a little more profit to my wash and wax service by using one of them instead of the products I was planning on using. I realize that these wax/sealants have no polishing ability like the Poli-Seal and XMT 360 do, but how are their filling capabilities and longevity? I honestly don`t want to feel like I am ripping off the customer by applying a spray wax/sealant, but I wouldn`t feel bad if it gives similar results to a true liquid based wax such as Pinnacle Souveran. The time it frees up for me would allow me to spend a little more time on the interior or add in a trim dressing to the service without increasing the price.

What method (applying a liquid wax by hand/machine or spray wax) do you guys offer in your businesses?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Wash and Wax" Package

I really like optimum Spray wax for a vehicle that its paint is in "good" condition. It is extremely quick and gives durability among the best for a spray wax. However; many of the customers that I deal with has vehicles that the paint is at least somewhat weathered and requires some kind of cleaner product to really enhance the finish. There are a few that I use and like. My favorite is Duragloss 501 sealant. It has a tremendous amount of cleaning ability along with great durability. Another favorite of mine is Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. You can get this stuff for about $40 a gallon. I use it with a white or orange foam pad on a DA or Flex and it does a good job of cleaning along with correcting light to moderate swirls and defects. It does leave a layer of protection behind also but I find its durability is not as great as the 501 or the OCW. I have also heard good things about the XMT360 and the Poliseal - both of which offers some correcting ability. My reccomendation for one step waxes would be one that would offer some cleaning and correction. The effect on the finish will definitely be something that your customer will most likely perceive.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my normal wash routine! For the exterior I use optimum no rinse followed by optimum spray wax. Inside and out will only take two hours once you have your process down. I clean inside out. Don`t forget the wheel wells and point out that you are only cleaning the face of the wheel not getting back in there for all the crud.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the diluted cost and you factor your time. I think Permenaon Platinum is the fastest. Wash, mist, rinse dry. Next.

Thread Information