Post Thanks / Like
    This question is more for those that are one-man business operations or only have one employee. What is your contingency plan? If you get hurt tomorrow what will you do to pay the bills?

The older I get the more I think about this. I have doing some social media management and learning to code (html/css). I am also looking at mobile car wash and express detailing (something easier to teach). As professionals we are hard on our bodies and won`t be able to do this forever. So, if you don`t mind sharing; let`s hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not going to lie here, I have begun the process now.

`

I am launching a clear bra division, a window tint division, and also providing wheel repair, dent removal, bumper repair, caliper restyling, etc.

`

anything you can do to offer a one stop shop for multiple services under one roof, with one appointment, the better!

`

Just stash that money for retirement and live off your detailing income alone!

`

And start another small business that doesn`t take up a lot of your time but will generate you some extra income that you don`t touch.

`

Im 31 by the way, wanting to retire by 55

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that you added more services. Very nice. Do you have employees or contractors doing the other services? I will be 34 next month(I will be at SEMA for my birthday) and would also like to retire or slow things way down by 55. This has not been easy with 4 kids and a stay at home wife (our choice).

Anybody else?

Post Thanks / Like

wow, I cant imagine 4 kiddos running around.` Im stopping whenever we have our second one (just had my first...baby girl 3 months old on monday!

`

I have a couple people I can call on for help when I need it, but I will try to do the work myself usually.` For a while, I got into the habit of using help when not necessary, but in due time, training will pay off which means I have to have the help even though I may not really need it in order to get that guy trained up.` The other guy I use sometimes...I can put him on a car solo and know things will get done how I want them...thats nice, but I have to pay a premium for it - $25/hr

Thread Information